Arizer Solo

OF

then i find this badboy
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10004539/1347108-8-4v-6600mah-2s3p-6-18650-rechargeable-li-ion
looks like what i was thinking but with the wrong plug

Actually, being Li-ion not LiPO, it's closer to what I did? But the wrong voltage. It would do a partial job (for a while anyway until it discharged some) in PA mode for the old style units (not 'use as you charge') you need a 3s configuration to recharge.

The plug is not an issue, Pipes can provide you with the adapter needed.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
will break if you take it apart.
@ataxian, sorry I didn't get back to you

@OFNice waking up to a turned off Solo :)

thevZt6l.jpg
Thanks for getting back!
You only need one water piece!

Do we really need glass on glass adaptors?

I broke so many I just going to buy a WonG from ED 18mm.

Using PHVES stems with a CHILLUM tip until I figure it out?

OpEx8d6.jpg

SORRY @Stu

OF

I knew it would break someday. I'm honored to have it broken by a pro.

Hey, great idea! What say we get us a couple of Ataxians (there's a scary thought......) and go into the glass breaking business? Customers could mail their glassware in and get it back in a baggie with a certificate of authentication suitable for framing?

We could clean up on Jewish weddings alone..........

OF

Traaaaan

Hey guys, I have my mflb, pa2 and orbiter. It's great to use when I'm alone but it's not very good when we have sessions with 3+ people.

When I'm alone I vape. I'm not going to pass up a bong when my roommates and their girlfriends are over but I do want to move away from combustion. My lungs are feeling it. Long story short i and have my sights set on the solo.

I hear puffitup is a great site. Do they have any sort of coupon code for the forum? I also see the solo on vapor seller for 135 but would prefer puffitup.

Also, I'm on my phone at work so can't do too much browsing. Are there GonG "whips" or adapters so I can use it in conjunction with a bong? 14 to 18mm, right?

Thanks!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
sights set on the solo.
I hear puffitup is a great site.
Do they have any sort of coupon code for the forum? I also see the solo on vapor seller for 135 but would prefer puffitup.

Also, I'm on my phone at work so can't do too much browsing. Are there GonG "whips" or adapters so I can use it in conjunction with a bong? 14 to 18mm, right?

Thanks!
It will do those things!
macgyver.jpg

I knew it would break someday. I'm honored to have it broken by a pro. ;)

:peace:
Uwx4dR8.jpg

I figured out how to medicate!
I did not care I broke Glass on Glass Adapter! Cutting my finger tips made me think.

Made this work!

@Stu you did buy me some time!
@OF You made a valid point!

Last edited:

OF

@OF You made a valid point!

I wouldn't put much stock in it, Amigo. It's sure to pass quickly and we'll both grow older waiting for that to happen again any time soon.

Proof of what they say about blind pigs?

When I'm alone I vape. I'm not going to pass up a bong when my roommates and their girlfriends are over but I do want to move away from combustion.

Are there GonG "whips" or adapters so I can use it in conjunction with a bong? 14 to 18mm, right?

Howdy, good call on Solo IMO, then again MFLB shows you've got good judgement going on.

Along those lines, have you tried putting down combustion seriously for a couple of weeks? Hard as that might be. I think the very common experience here is once you make a clean break and your mind no longer associates the smoke with getting high you loose your taste for blazing. Sad part is, we're a bit like Pavlov's dogs here, with the coughing and gasping for air our 'bell' and getting off our salivation. You've always got high after the dealing with the poisons in the smoke (at least until you stumbled on vaping), the association is strongly set. Your mind has to learn you don't have to stick your face in the camp fire just to be happy later.

Hopefully your new Solo, while not the ideal party vape, will be a good chance for you to try that out.

Once you do make the break your weed bill drops to a small fraction and you get to live longer to enjoy it. And buy exciting new vapes with the saved money and hang out with us and stuff........

Anyway, most guys buy "GonG adapters" from Planet vape. A new bowl (like on the factory stems) with a normal 14 or 18mm male WT connector. They are often out of stock, but highly respected. You can also simply slip a short piece of silicone tube, a fat o-ring or even a couple rubber bands around the end of the stem to make a seal and use the factory stem (Solo inverted).

Ed's delightful wood stems are also a common way to go. Unbreakable and a wonderful thing it their own right I think. Mine is 'bog oak'.....close on to petrified wood. Really trippy when you consider it died before the Pyramids were made.........like a thousand years before the oldest of 'em........
http://www.edstnt.com/index_files/woodarizersolovaporstems.htm

Congrats on your upcoming Solo, good call with Randy at PIU. Great guy, very strong supporter of these Forums, amazing support. If you order it right away (noon here) I bet it's in the mail tonight......the man does not doddle. I've bought several from him for one reason or another (often 'ghost buys' for friends), he once got one to my door in just under 24 hours. No lie. Beat that! It was only a couple hundred miles but it was also USPS! If you dig back in this thread enough you'll find the post, it can happen. My first Solo ever was a dud, he had the replacement in the mail that day after a couple of responsive email exchanges, it got here before I managed to get to the PO with the bad one. Hopefully you'll never need that sort of support, but it's a great comfort I think?

I'm confident you won't regret it.

Enjoy it, it's a good one. Lots of good info in this thread, skim through it some time......

Regards,

OF

VANVAS

Hi people! How is going the weekend?
Im thinking about my problem with the plate ... someone knows what model is the last that have good plastic? Or what model has the good plastic in the plate? ( sorry about my english ! ) im thinking about purchase one from massdrop but i want one of those with good plate and later i will have good pieces to change it! I believe the version from massdrop are m1a4

Thanks

VANVAS,

Traaaaan

@Traaaaan Ask them about price matching the $135 price. PIU is pretty good about that.
I jumped the gun and ordered it pretty much right after I posted here haha. I told myself I was going to wait a week but I saw that solo160 deal they have going on and didn't want to miss a sure discount. PIU sounds legit, I don't mind sending an extra $15 their way.

Now to keep trucking through 1200 pages of this thread. Sitting in my car waiting for a date with my mflb to keep me company

NightTrain

I don't think so, the whole heater assembly isn't removable and will break if you take it apart. I think a warranty is in order?

@ataxian, sorry I didn't get back to you, no I don't have any of the D020 series of water paths, I've got two that keep me busy, a small 14mm honeycomb for the flavor and a bigger 18mm with a hammerhead perc (I think it's a Hitman original). Mine isn't an actual Hitman Glass piece, I got mine for a fraction of the price and about 95% of the functionality.

Had to throw the Solo on the @OF charger last night before bed. Nice waking up to a turned off Solo :)

thevZt6l.jpg
I can vouch for that hammerhead perc sidecar, I have one just like it and it pairs perfectly with the solo. It has replaced my D020-2-W as my go to piece when I'm using the solo.

NightTrain

Where's the link?
I'd rather not post a link to the one I got due to a bad experience I had with the company I bought it from, but the piece itself is great. It shouldn't be too hard to find one, I've seen them on a few sites in the past, I think I gave around $75 for mine. Maybe @Quetzalcoatl could tell you where he got his.

NightTrain,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'd rather not post a link to the one I got due to a bad experience I had with the company I bought it from, but the piece itself is great. It shouldn't be too hard to find one, I've seen them on a few sites in the past, I think I gave around $75 for mine. Maybe @Quetzalcoatl could tell you where he got his.
@Quetzalcoatl has a very nice rig!
Good idea!

ataxian,
Welcome, @Ganjalf the green. I had my mind set on (in order): Pax, Firefly, Ascent and Pinnacle Pro. Also considered da Buddha and Silver Surfer. I settled on the SOLO, of course, and am completely satisfied. I'm so glad the folks on this forum helped me make the right choice. This unit hits the sweet spot of taste, efficiency, warm-up time, temperature control and build quality. I love it hamster style with the curved stem, out on the porch with the @Ed's TnT 3" WonG, or paired with the D020 bubbler for a higher temp smooth session. It brings out the best effects in the MMJ I buy.
Thank you for the welcome. I had owned an arizer extreme Q and have given up on combustion. After being heavily medicated indoors for a long time I had realized a pordible vaporizer was needed. The SOLO was the first portable vaporizer I read up on. Many vaporizers have come out since then and none has impressed me like the SOLO. After a brief infatuation with planet vape's high efficiency stem I found out about @Ed's TnT and had to go wood all the way. Proud owner of a bog oak stem, an African black wood stem, one African black wood wong 2" as well as a cocobolo 2" all 14mm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom