• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

curveball

So the unthinkable has happened. My Solo turns on, goes through startup, allows you to set the temperature, the heat light blinks, nothing else for several seconds, then it shuts off. The oven never warms.

Any suggestions before I start a warranty claim?

curveball,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Curveball, Mine did that, but it would work plugged in. I sent it back and I received a new one from Puffitup. I didn't even have to pay to ship it back. Good luck with that.
:leaf::peace:

OF

So the unthinkable has happened. My Solo turns on, goes through startup, allows you to set the temperature, the heat light blinks, nothing else for several seconds, then it shuts off. The oven never warms.

Any suggestions before I start a warranty claim?

Bummer.

Dollars to doughnuts the battery is packing in when the power demand comes......some people you know are no doubt like that?

How old is it? Which model (does it work with a PA or does it allow 'use while charging'?). What was your usage history? That is how far did you discharge, how often did you charge kind of details.

TIA for the info, good luck.

OF

uhranium

If I'm vaping on 3 then grind the bud up and turn it to 6 I'm coughing a lot. that's why I am eager to test my new watercooler. Fresh bud on 6/7 without dying :D

uhranium,
Reactions: ataxian

curveball

How old is it? Which model (does it work with a PA or does it allow 'use while charging'?). What was your usage history? That is how far did you discharge, how often did you charge kind of details.

It's only a little more than a month old. I've used it daily but only run the battery down to one light left and try to unplug from charging when #7 goes solid. I don't have a PA to test but "use while charging" yields the same result.

OF

It's only a little more than a month old. I've used it daily but only run the battery down to one light left and try to unplug from charging when #7 goes solid. I don't have a PA to test but "use while charging" yields the same result.

Thanks for the additional info. A PA will do you no good if you have the 'use while charging' version. In the older version it would be a very handy way to check the battery factor.

I'm pretty sure it's the battery, but it sure sounds like very premature failure to me. Always possible, but frankly pretty rare at that level.

One last idea before copping out with 'looks like it's gotta go to the shop', how did the battery seem to you performance wise? That is 'at the end' did it seem to do less sessions per charge or recharge faster/slower than before? Any clues it was about to take a dive?

TIA

OF

uhranium

try it out man. grind up 0.1 and hit it on temp 2
then take another 0.1 and leave it as a bud and hit temp 3
then take another grinded 0.1 and hit that at temp 3.

You'll definitely see a difference.

OF

Is it worth grinding like 0.01 of a gram?

It doesn't matter I think. A load that small isn't going to stay where you put it anyway.......

Typical loads are 10 or 20 times that. A PD stem, which is tiny by comparison, holds about .035.

While grinding is not needed, and indeed sometimes whole bud is the call, grinding does expose more surface so extraction is faster. You won't get any more (or less) eventually of course, but it's faster ground I think.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is it worth grinding like 0.01 of a gram?
Load a 0.01 nugget (bigger if you want)
Take a few rips.
Stir and take some more.
It will be broken in to smaller pieces at this point.
Stirring provides the best extraction.
I'll weigh my nugget load however 0.01 seems tiny?

Full spectrum!
uLwjZWX.jpg

JSVzzsk.jpg

I tried this method of whole nuggets.
Grinding is more efficient.
Taste very nice for flavor chasing!
0.01?
You must be pulling leg?

Last edited:

thejonny2014

Im not kidding i have a super low tolerance. I vaped 0.02-0.03ish and got extremely fucked up the other night. Ive only been high twice :p

Also, do you guys really stir? How much of a difference does it make and what do you stir with?

Last edited:

Caulin

Hey guys just received my new solo from mass drop. Im curious. I received the M1T0........ model and the stem fits very very loose like the older models. I have not turned the unit on for the first burn off yet but if i turn the unit upside down the stem will fall right out. I thought they changed the new solos to prevent this?

VANVAS

Im my1 owner and the stems fits ok but a bit loose, i bought a replacement straight stem just in case and the replacement stem non fits like the stem that came with the solo...im not using o ring and i would not like to use it!!!

VANVAS,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Im not kidding i have a super low tolerance. I vaped 0.02-0.03ish and got extremely fucked up the other night. Ive only been high twice :p

Also, do you guys really stir? How much of a difference does it make and what do you stir with?
4klfox7.jpg

Im my1 owner and the stems fits ok but a bit loose, im not using o ring and i would not like to use it!!!
Why don't you use a 113 seal?
Holds in the stem.
I like the PHVES combination with a stem or GonG.
You must be rich?
2 stems a week was a bit expensive for me.
Once I got the seals I haven't bough one since?
VfZvdg7.jpg

r3q7G28.jpg

Straight or Bent they are good insurance in my case!

Last edited:

dRange44

I have been reading FC for months, finally decided to register to post some thoughts on the Solo I received this past Saturday. It's the M1Y1 model. Simply put, it's pretty fuckin cool.

Living where I live all we really have access to is bud. My first real personal experience with vapeing was on a trip to Colorado in March. I had taken a few dabs previously and hit my buddies volcano before but that was about it for me. On the trip I bought a G pen and vaped wax for the entire 5 days. When I left Denver I brought back about 5g of wax and that actually lasted me pretty close to a month and a half of daily use. When I started to run out of my supply of wax, I started to panic, because combustion had started to taste like total shit after vapeing. So bad that smoking wasn't even somewhat enjoyable. It was gross.

A buddy at work had a Pax. My first time using a portable herb vape. The first time I hit it I knew I'd be buying one ASAP. That was in late April. The Pax has worked out well for me. It's a solid device, it's biggest perk being it's stealth factor. I use it at work everyday without incident. I will continue to support Ploom products.

With all that said, the Solo blows the Pax out of the water in every way, except for the portability and stealth factors. The vapor I'm getting from the Solo is insane compared to what I was used to with the Pax. Quantity & quality. The Solo also uses significantly less herb. One downside of the Solo is the glass. I already broke my straight stem, dropping it on a hard tile floor. I have already purchased the wood stem from Ed. It shipped today. Can't wait to get it. I think it will dramatically improve the portability of the Solo. Saturday night I took it over to a friends house. It was pretty stressful and annoying constantly worrying about breaking the stem, since it was my last one. This device, when used with glass, is definitely not very portable, IMO. Probably the only downside.

My other plans with the Solo include getting a PVHES stem and a eventually one of those bubblers from DHgate.

The Pax will remain a staple when I'm on the go, but when I'm sitting around I'm going with my Solo every time. If you're in a position where you are forced to choose one or the other, I'd go Solo for under $130 shipped vs. the Pax at $250. The only disclaimer is if you are constantly on the go or need to be secretive, go Pax.

I guess at this point I'm fully invested in the hobby. Already thinking about buying an Extreme Q or Da Buddha just to have a desktop. Sorry for the novel.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What is this seal? It looks to be an orange o-ring? I don't believe mine came with one and I'm not even sure where it would go.
When you get a new stem PHVES they include a 113 seal. Unscrew the cap and insert steam with the seal wrapped around the stem then slide the cap back over and screw shut.
Pull out the stem and the seal should stay in place.
I won't use a SOLO without a seal!
You would think ARISER would include them?
CfYzpBl.jpg

Planet Vapes is one step ahead!
YFGOAWY.jpg

SOLO fuel!
I gram KIEF + 1 gram Nuggets
(CSF) California Solo Fuel!
Canadian Solo Fuel,
Chilean Solo Fuel,
Colombian Solo Fuel!

Last edited:

hd_rider

For those of you who stir your medicine during your session, how do you remove the Solo if the heating chamber (and your stem) is still hot? I'm not sure how to do this when using a wong / gong and WT. Or do you take a break between sessions and let things cool down before stirring and powering-up the Solo again?

Caulin

is there anywhere i can get a 113 seal without the stem? $25 seems like a lot for a stem when i have two brand new ones. maybe amazon?

Caulin,

OF

Hey guys just received my new solo from mass drop. Im curious. I received the M1T0........ model and the stem fits very very loose like the older models. I have not turned the unit on for the first burn off yet but if i turn the unit upside down the stem will fall right out. I thought they changed the new solos to prevent this?

I'd be a bit concerned. Is it the same with both stems? I don't recall anyone saying a brand new Solo had a loose stem fit, in fact just the opposite.......most need to be hot to get the stem in the first few times. Anyone else have a loose fit new? I have bought half a dozen or so Solos (mostly 'straw buys' for friends......well at least some....), with the exception of one of the two used ones from PIU all have been very tight at first.

AFAIK no changes were made WRT the seal that determines fit. Certainly my 'new model' buy of a few months back was basically identical to the ones from much before. More so, since Arizer has told us they don't consider loose stems to be improper I think it's highly unlikely they would change this (and invite a rash of replacements).

What is this seal? It looks to be an orange o-ring? I don't believe mine came with one and I'm not even sure where it would go.

Please educate yourself before you rush out and do this. I has to be fitted very carefully since thicker caps started showing up (around Thanksgiving last year?), putting one in and cranking the cap down can/will crack the retaining tabs around the screws on the bottom.

Good luck with it. It's a great vape, but not foolproof.

OF

Top Bottom