Arizer Solo

GetToTheChoppa

New Solo owner currently charging!!! Now that its in my hands im more confused about screws, caps, tabs and orings.

1. I see the 4 tapered screws on the bottom base. Just eyeballing i can tell a couple are crooked. Is this the area to install stainless steel washers? Totally eliminating the tapered screw contact area and doing flat washer to flat plastic base? Only problem is now the screws stick out a little?

2. Finally realize the Cap is the top piece that unscrews. Under that i see 4 other screws, and also 2 little locking tabs. One of those tabs is not clicked in place. The top section would need to be pushed down more on that one side. What should i do here?

3. Confused on the oring. Do you unscrew the cap, place oring over the stem hole, then screw the cap back on with the oring centered? So now when you push a stem down its going through the oring and held tighter?

Thanks for any advice!! Looks like im 1000 pages late but happy to finally be here!!!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
New Solo owner currently charging!!! Now that its in my hands im more confused about screws, caps, tabs and orings.

1. I see the 4 tapered screws on the bottom base. Just eyeballing i can tell a couple are crooked. Is this the area to install stainless steel washers? Totally eliminating the tapered screw contact area and doing flat washer to flat plastic base? Only problem is now the screws stick out a little?

2. Finally realize the Cap is the top piece that unscrews. Under that i see 4 other screws, and also 2 little locking tabs. One of those tabs is not clicked in place. The top section would need to be pushed down more on that one side. What should i do here?

3. Confused on the oring. Do you unscrew the cap, place oring over the stem hole, then screw the cap back on with the oring centered? So now when you push a stem down its going through the oring and held tighter?

Thanks for any advice!! Looks like im 1000 pages late but happy to finally be here!!!
1/ Yes, and yes. That's where some felt or other covering comes into play.

2/Leave that clip alone as with the screws that just don't look quite right. They are pretty much all like that and doesn't impair usage. The theory is the clips are just there to assist in assembly at the factory.
And to confuse us all into trying to straiten it.

3/Yes, unscrew the cap, poke your stem through, fit the O ring on and then put back on the unit. The stem will center the O ring. Tighten until snug. When messing with pushing on the inside of top, best have it on a flat surface, as mentioned in the last page, to avoid cracking around bottom screws.

Other than that, enjoy it, your in for a good experience I think...

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Anyone recommend any domed screens to use with the solo?
Ps happy 1000!:tup:
I make mine with larger screens, I guess around 3/4" - 1" screens? Stainless steel of course, mesh size up to you. I fix it around the end of a Sharpie and then mess around with the final shape when it's inside the stem. Scissors to trim up the bottoms if you want to make it sit lower.

Happy 1000 pages everyone! Thanks for all the good info!

Now I gotta celebrate with a nice stem of Lemon Haze... got all my other meds refilled, finished my physical therapy today. Gotta keep my medical cannabis levels in check :cool:

ninja-edit: @GetToTheChoppa if your cap doesn't screw back on all the way and you want it to, place o-ring on some tape and using sandpaper thin it out (rotating where you thin it out of course), should screw back in fine. It seems to work just fine without screwing all the way down but I know some people are OCD about it. That's why I haven't taken off the cap from my Solo even though it's almost always got a stem in it or put away in its pouch :lol:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
1/ Yes, and yes. That's where some felt or other covering comes into play.

2/Leave that clip alone as with the screws that just don't look quite right. They are pretty much all like that and doesn't impair usage. The theory is the clips are just there to assist in assembly at the factory.
And to confuse us all into trying to straiten it.

3/Yes, unscrew the cap, poke your stem through, fit the O ring on and then put back on the unit. The stem will center the O ring. Tighten until snug. When messing with pushing on the inside of top, best have it on a flat surface, as mentioned in the last page, to avoid cracking around bottom screws.

Other than that, enjoy it, your in for a good experience I think...
@Pipes can you believe the success of this unit?
Basic - Simple - Cheap - Adaptable - Recreational - Medical

No Fluff!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Best portable vape on the market, and works fantastic as a desk top. Two vapes in one. Heres to the Solo Fan Club:love::cheers:

These pages could write a book..... Solo for Dummies.:goat::leaf:

I'm celebrating with my Solo.:smug::spliff:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Zfe9nLE.jpg

Best portable vape on the market, and works fantastic as a desk top. Two vapes in one. Heres to the Solo Fan Club:love::cheers:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Man, that looks delicate. I'd have it broke in a minute flat.....

I can't keep from breaking my OEM strait stems. I just got three new ones and sure enough dropped one on day two with them. Fortunately it was the mouth end that broke and was able to cut the end off to make a bit shorter. Discovered 510 drip tips fit the glass if not heated too much on the lip. (edge smoothing with torch.) This one in picture is made of glass or porcelain.?

P1060488_zps1751c994.jpg
P1060486_zpse1505659.jpg

Honestly I don't really like the added restriction and use without it. But looks cool.
It is my favorite as is the loosest fit of the three stems. Almost returned one as is so tight it takes some playing to get it past the cap opening. But it does with some TLC. The shorter one fits better in my side pouch too.

Last edited:

Fozzie Bear

Anyone recommend any domed screens to use with the solo?
Ps happy 1000!:tup:
Just like Quetzalcoatl, I use 3/4" regular screens that I shape into a dome using a Bic pen or something similar. Make sure to insert the screen with the dome pointing down (toward the chamber), and the rough edges of the screen pointing up toward the built in glass screen of the stem. You want maximum herb contact on the edges, with a shallow center.

If you fully vape your material, it shouldn't stick to the screen too bad. If it is still sticky, use a toothpick or similar object to scrape out the old stuff before starting over.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I'm celebrating with my Solo.:smug:

+1 for the Solo, the Club, celebrating with a freshly packed stem, two vapes in one, ... uh, and celebrating again! :rockon:

Fozzie Bear

Excellent thanks so much!!! I just turned it to 7 and will do two dry runs.

If your herb is too dry and you grind it too finely, doesnt it all fall out and clog those little air holes? How often do people clean the heater area?
The stem itself is about as thick as those little holes, leaving only the smallest of gaps when the stem is inserted. I've had my Solo for about 3 months and I've had no issues with clogs. I clean the bottom of the stainless steel chamber with q-tips dipped in 99% iso whenever it gets noticeably dirty, maybe once a month. You are drawing the vapor upwards, away from everything but the glass, so it stays remarkably clean. If your herb is really, really dry and falls out easily, just insert it with the Solo turned upside down. Easy peasy.

GetToTheChoppa

Sweet!!!
Was I supposed to do the dry run with a stem installed? Hopefully I didn't just warp the heater like a tard.

GetToTheChoppa,

Quetzalcoatl

Sweet!!!
Was I supposed to do the dry run with a stem installed? Hopefully I didn't just warp the heater like a tard.
No you don't need to, doesn't hurt if you do though. If you're worried about your grind falling through or whatever, the simple fix is to just pack the stem and put it in, and take the first hit with the Solo upside down. The heat should melt the trichome heads to the herb, making everything stick together like a little puck. Maybe take a second hit to make sure or something, but that should be enough. Right side up, the flower is being pulled up and away from the holes. You'd have to cough into it or something for the flower to be forced into the air holes.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Personally, I like without a screen. So much easier for dumping and cleaning. Me lazy that way..
Of course no loading via vacuum by mouth but I always scoop from palm anyway. Get the odd spec come through but always catch on my tongue when it happens. IMO, no biggy. And the tube resin isn't as clean but again, when it comes to cleaning, I scoop the honey out and use it to pick up some herb and roll it into balls anyway. Throw the ball into the middle of a load and you'll be calling it bed time...:zzz:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Man, that looks delicate. I'd have it broke in a minute flat.....

I can't keep from breaking my OEM strait stems. I just got three new ones and sure enough dropped one on day two with them. Fortunately it was the mouth end that broke and was able to cut the end off to make a bit shorter. Discovered 510 drip tips fit the glass if not heated too much on the lip. (edge smoothing with torch.) This one in picture is made of glass or porcelain.?

P1060488_zps1751c994.jpg
P1060486_zpse1505659.jpg

Honestly I don't really like the added restriction and use without it. But looks cool.
It is my favorite as is the loosest fit of the three stems. Almost returned one as is so tight it takes some playing to get it past the cap opening. But it does with some TLC. The shorter one fits better in my side pouch too.
I just mess around!
The TOP SHELF FLOWERS are spoiling me!
My wife laughs when she see's my setups. I haven't broke this one yet!
The JHOOK was $11 so when I destroy it at least I had fun with it.
The problem is finding another one for that cheap. I like the way it draws. I have another glass tube for my wax pens.

Tomorrow is SOLO DAY!

6 STEM'S or GONG'S can't wait to celebrate!

I mean medicating!

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
:spliff::party:
I just mess around!
The TOP SHELF FLOWERS are spoiling me!
My wife laughs when she see's my setups. I haven't broke this one yet!
The JHOOK was $11 so when I destroy it at least I had fun with it.
The problem is finding another one for that cheap. I like the way it draws. I have another glass tube for my wax pens.

Tomorrow is SOLO DAY!

6 STEM'S or GONG'S can't wait to celebrate!

I mean medicating!

Can still celebrate tonight :party:, but due to a crop disaster I'm running low on flowers :doh:. I have jars of whole cannabis extract and lots more AVB oil, OH YEAH :tup:. And best of all a new Persei on the way :clap:!!!!

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

:spliff::party:

Can still celebrate tonight:party:, but due to a crop disaster I'm running low on flowers. I have jars of whole cannabis extract and lots more AVB oil, though. And best of all a new Persei on the way:clap:!!!!
I like tinctures and extracts and all, but they really lack the ritual of vaping flower. Even dabbing isn't as "fun" as a stem or two of flower, just heat the nail and dab and you're stoned. I like enjoying a cup of tea with a stem or three ;)

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I like tinctures and extracts and all, but they really lack the ritual of vaping flower. Even dabbing isn't as "fun" as a stem or two of flower, just heat the nail and dab and you're stoned. I like enjoying a cup of tea with a stem or three ;)
Yes, I agree. Blueberry is my favoite - high in CBD and it tastes great. Had a nice outdoor crop, but just ran out, so had to buy high THC White Widow as that was all that was available. Doesn't really do it for the pain(degenerative disc disease and arthritis) and it makes my heart race and palpitate, so I'm hoping the oils will have enough CBD to be useful until the next crop comes in.

fernand

Well, my Solo arrived. I got it from an eBay vendor named "easyvape", for $139 shipped, with a little green plastic Indian herb/spice grinder tossed in. Judging by the unit, an M1A4A, and the packaging (that includes a single wall plain brown carton made in Waterloo Ontario), this is not likely a forged unit.

I just charged it and have a little problem. The straight wand has an outer diameter at the tip of 14.5 mm. It wobbles in the oven. The bent one has an uneven diameter ranging from 14.7 mm to 15.2. That one barely fits and once inserted (with the unit warmed up) cannot be rotated without an unpleasant sensation of glass grinding on metal. How can you optimize the connection with such wide tolerances? Suggestions?

Last edited:
Top Bottom