Arizer Solo vs. PuffIt

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeguy

I just bought an LSV to replace my Volcano (hopefully, after confirming I like it better) and just came across the PuffIt portable vape. I also have an Arizer Solo and was wondering how the PuffIt compares to the Solo as I might want to get it later if it's better.

My first question would be can it hold more at a time than the Solo? Secondly how dense is the vapor compared to the solo? Is the airflow as restricted as on the Solo and how long does it last per charge? Can it indicate battery level like the Solo can?

Is the PuffIt a better portable vape than the Solo?

Thanks

vapeguy,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It is not. The Solo exceeds the performance of the puffit in every way except stealth. Most people that got the puffit have been disappointed.

CentiZen,

vapeguy

Thanks, what about the Pax? I read it's good but maybe less dense vapor then the Solo?

vapeguy,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Eh, apparently there is a high failure rate, or not...depending on who you ask...alot of people on here have had to return theirs either straight out of the box, or problems developed soon after

Pax does have a 10 year warranty, but some people get replacements from ploom and others ploom tells have to exchange the broken one with whatever company they bought it from (like vapeworld) so there hasnt been a lot of consistancy with customer service.

That being said, im no expert and havent paid a lot of attention to the pax so feel free to chime in

Mynameismud,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well the Pax is a favorite among portables here, but I would recommend you check out the Inhalater as well. I own both a solo and an inhalater and I only use the solo at home now because the inhalater is so portable.

It holds about 2 - 3 times the amount of the solo and is about the size of a cuban cigar. Uses a microUSB port to charge so you don't need to worry about a special charger and the clouds and taste are incredible

I don't own a pax so I can't really give a honest opinon; but there really isn't any more I could ask from a portable than my inhalater

CentiZen,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah, i was just checking the thread recently thats why i said that. While it seems like everyone who has a working one loves it, it does seem to have a high failure rate. Never tried the inhalater though, love my solo and wispr too much

Mynameismud,

vapeguy

That Inhalater looks awesome, first time I notice it.

It seems to have adjustable temp, what's the temp range? Does it at least do 360 to 410? What about battery life? 2-3 times the solo load in a portable is like a dream! What about vapor density? In how many hits can you use up the herb? I prefer 3-5 strong hits than many weak ones, can the Inhalator do this? Why do you use the Solo at home? Is it better than the Inhalator in some ways and if so how?

Should I sell the Solo and get an Inhalater?

vapeguy,

bigtvapes

I'd keep the Solo if you have it. It's a crowd pleaser. People who have them and use them swear by them. f anything, save up a little bit and get another vape down the road.

bigtvapes,
I own a PUFFiT, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Sure it's great as a stealth unit, but battery life and taste are well below par. TBH, it wouldn't be fair to compare the Solo to the PUFFiT - they aren't even in the same league. It does have adjustable temperature and a battery gauge, although the latter doesn't really work; PUFFiT reports full battery even seconds before it dies.

The Pax looks really nice and the only thing keeping me from buying one (other than availability) is it's reliance on conduction. I'd much rather a vape that utilizes convection primarily. The 'oven' (herb chamber) is quite large, which may be good for you (not for me). I do remember you complaining Solo stem loads were too small. I just don't think the Pax fits into my current useage pattern.

I'm increasingly impressed with the Solo every day. I've recommended it to countless folks irl and I will continue to do so. In terms of price, production, product quality, taste, etc, I think Solo is at the top of the portable game.

kingofnull,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom