Arizer solo problems HELP A STONER OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got this brand new arizer solo off amazon for 165. i was so pumped to get it and all for such a cheaper price then most sites. and since ive had it i've had a feeling im not getting what i should. I got the straight and obtuse type hit pieces and the straight one fits for the most part but the other is sooo loose. and the hits change completely after like the 2nd vape rip.. I was real disappointed from the "best portable vape ever" And only got it yesterday..

MrMarijuana420,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So, let me guess, first vaporizer? The stems are supposed to be slightly loose, otherwise you would be unable to draw air through the unit.

As for taste, your running it at too high a temperature. At 2 - 3 the taste is delicious and lasts quite a while.

Your getting exactly what you should be getting, read the solo vaporpedia entry and you will find several tips to maximize the performance of the machine.

As well, this was NOT the right place to post this question. It will be moved shortly.

CentiZen,
I've been having it at 5-7 should I invest in a different tube? what would you suggest for a first time vape smoker? haha

I also heard they recently changed the width of the tube and all. cause they didnt have the straight tube before..

MrMarijuana420,

cycleb

Are you new to vaping, altogether, or it just that this is your first vape? The Solo thread can give you a great history of it's evolution.
If you are new to vapin' entirely, I'd suggest setting aside 1/4 -1/2 the volume you smoke per session, and vape it. Then wait 1/2-1 hr.............. ;-{)

cycleb,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well I personally have about 6 tubes because there really is nothing better than carrying six pre packed stems in your pocket knowing you can go out for a "smoke" anytime. If your tube is flat out unusable, I'd contact Arizer as they are very good when it comes to that.

As for temp level, if taste is the main concern, vape at two. The levels work out so that level 1 produces no vapor as it is for plants other than cannabis. Level two is the 'optimal' vaporization temperature for cannabis and it is where it is going to taste better. The rest of the levels move up from that temperature in small increments. My sweet spot is level three, mabey jumping up to 5 if I want a bit of a couchlock feeling. 7 I only use for vapebonging.

CentiZen,
new to vaping all together.. maybe should have started out with something more like the original iolite but this looked so much more advanced and better and ran on a lithium battery.. fuck butane.. and what do you mean by setting aside half the volume? lmao..

I just wanna enjoy my vape, haha but you guys helped. im fried off 1 1/2 packs. and its not something id send the tube back for i still pull rips but i wanna pull the best rips.

Also, I wanna try vape bonging.

mod note: Please review the rules page. Posts merged Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts.

MrMarijuana420,

cycleb

MrMarijuana420 said:
new to vaping all together.. maybe should have started out with something more like the original iolite but this looked so much more advanced and better and ran on a lithium battery.. fuck butane.. and what do you mean by setting aside half the volume? lmao..
Vaping's a lot more efficient than combustion, and for me, initially very subtle. I didn't feel it coming on, and it felt 'different' than smoking. Vaping seemed to 'creep' up more, during the learning curve. One day I found myself headed somewhere, the problem was I wasn't sure where, or why. That's why the measuring can be handy.
As you read through the Solo thread, check out the videos. They're educational.;-{)

cycleb,
Could you send me a link.. I can't find a thing on this page..

And I'm still confused on this "measuring". :/

MrMarijuana420,
Look at the underdog. It outperforms my arizer solo by far vapor density wise.. Then again, I can't take my underdog for a walk...

Ghosthunter987,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
??? How is that at all helpful when the fellow has just purchased an Arizer Solo? If he's not yet totally bought into vaporizing then shelling out another couple of hundred on a new vape, when the one he has got is perfectly capable of good vapor production, won't address the issue.

OP, don't concern yourself with measuring! Just lightly pack your bowl and vape away. This is quite a simple vape to use with no major quirks- a good choice for a beginners vape IMO. I think it's just a case of you getting used to it somewhat. Read the Solo thread and Vaporpedia then give it a couple more days use and report back.

WatTyler,
Well, he DID imply that he wasn't being satisfied. I, personally, wasn't satisfied with the cloud producing power of the Solo compared to desktop vapes. And for vaporbonging, the Solo doens't perform as well as the Q, SSV, and UD, due to the semi-restricted airpath. The solo is great for if you vape on the go, however. It all depends on what you are looking for.
:peace:

Ghosthunter987,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Don't forget you have a M105 Ghost, the coolest running Solo of the bunch. My M102 has no problem producing similar if not denser clouds compared to a SSV with a little technique. Just milk it slow, baby.

OhTheAgony,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Found the same as OTA... my M102 with the two hole stems is awesome, yet my warranty replacement M105 (and with 4-hole stems) just sucks in comparison with its stinkyness and cooler temps.

Once I got over the panic hype of the ceramic chipping...... I've been back to the pleasure of using my M102.

I've found even with the 4-hole stems on the M102 its not very satisfying without the clouds the initial stems produce. Psychological perhaps, but its what 'I' found.

smokum,

max

Out to lunch
I was real disappointed from the "best portable vape ever"
Maybe because it's not "best portable vape ever". There's no best portable. They have different features and designs and you buy the right one for your wants and needs. None of 'em are best at everything.

You need to do some reading in the Solo thread, and check youtube for videos too. Do some reading and viewing and you'll get up to speed on vaping and the Solo. It's not an overnight process.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom