Arizer Solo II

biohacker

I just found the Solo 2 for sale at one of our Licensed Producers here in Canada for $189 CAD (~$142 USD);

Free shipping too. Odd how the Air is only $10 cheaper though. Could it be a mistake? And someone mucked up and should be $289 like retail? If not we're getting a peak at the markup.

Not neccessarily the case with Arizer but worth thinking about.

Completely agree, but that would require critical thinking and effort, of which some do not have the capability? Some people don't care about their health as much as others?

AJS put it well:

we're naturally biased towards reassurance and reinforcement ;)

Loving my Solo 2 so far.
I'm hoping someone takes one apart for science. I'm curious to see the airpath.

It's in the classifieds now? You just like your Mighty more?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Maybe some will actually go back to combustion because they think that's better for them. I've heard folks say that on FC.

YES, I've seen people on here get so paranoid about the lack of long term statistics for vaporizing cannabis that they go back to combustion!

I could never go back to that smell, taste, and mess! :o
I honestly get a little noxious at the smell of burning herb these days! I prefer "slow roasted to perfection"

OF

YES, I've seen people on here get so paranoid about the lack of long term statistics for vaporizing cannabis that they go back to combustion!

I could never go back to that smell, taste, and mess! :o
I honestly get a little noxious at the smell of burning herb these days! I prefer "slow roasted to perfection"

Amen. To that I'd like to say I think any honest person, 'in touch with himself', clearly gets the message about which your body really prefers?

I also think, for some the thrill of it all is just more important.

Oh, yeah, I don't mind saving a LOT of money on herb personally........ Sort of like switching to Single Malts rather than well Scotch, and having someone else pay for it all? That part's good to me, too.

WTF? Really tired of the continued bashing of this product and Arizer products in general. Sometime it's just time to move on.....

Not to worry, Lady. Maybe you're just off your feed?

OF

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I think it would be useful for someone from Arizer to weigh in.
Weigh in on what? The airpath/materials discussion? @CarolKing posted an email response from Arizer a few pages back:

I emailed Kevin at Arizer regarding the Solo 2s airpath.
This was his response. I'm sure he wouldnt mind me sharing this.

Thank you for your email.

We have carefully sourced our parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only safe quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, pcb's are lead free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are medical/food grade and temperature rated. All structure materials used inside are of safe non-toxic materials and are heat rated to temperatures much higher then the maximum operating temperature. Also, we perform comprehensive testing on all of our products and components to ensure they are completely safe for use by us, our friends, family, and consumers alike.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech

Sounds good enough for me. :2c:

:peace:

Edit: @vpr85 you beat me to it lol ;)

OF

I think it would be useful for someone from Arizer to weigh in.
Useful or not, don't count on them posting on FC. It's just not going to happen.

Hey, what the man just said! There have been some brave (or foolhardy) Makers who have of course, sometimes even assigning a paid employee to the task. One even tried 3 or was it 4 times? One packed it in based on the effort? Stopped making vapes. The results have been universally poor. Eventually they will be abused, and sometimes abused badly as you might imagine.

While the vast majority would no doubt welcome them, this is already much to hot a place to recommend stepping into. It only takes one jerk (or more commonly I think a few jerks working in concert) to wipe that all out. What's the old line about 'attaboys' and 'Awshits'?

Let me put Stu's point a bit differently, would you do it? Not using my real name I wouldn't......

OF

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Okay, the last few pages are kinda freaking me out. Quit smoking tobacco last year and I'm ready to fuck combustion completely. My wife kindly offered to get my first vape for my upcoming 50th; so I've spent 2 months trying to educate myself on an appropriate choice. I finally pulled the trigger on the solo 2 as a solid, simple 1st device and now I'm second-guessing myself. Mind you, I've not even received it yet!

Side note: I got it and a few extra bits from PlanetVape; they were amazing, the lady I talked with was just lovely and patient with my ignorance. I asked about an FC discount like they say to on their sponsor page, not really knowing what to expect. Wow, FC membership has privileges! What a great experience.

OF

Okay, the last few pages are kinda freaking me out.

Wow, FC membership has privileges! What a great experience.

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum.

Forget your concerns, ya done good. Did your homework well. Seems like you picked a good woman as well..... Yer in tall cotton as we Yanks might say.

I think it's safe to say that those 'in the know' would include Solo/Air on their 'top 3 list' over 90% of the time. More importantly few indeed of them will have any serious complaints. Tough as they come, solid performers. Always deliver the goods without excuses. Hard to ask for more.......

And you found PV as well? And 'name dropped FC' to them. I'm not sure we have much to teach you, really, but it sure sounds like your posts and experiences are worth looking forward to.

Now, kicking combustion, you can have more money to waste on rent and stuff, smell even better, and live longer. Good trade off I think.

Been lucky all you life? Or perhaps just an organized sort who plans well.

Regards,

OF

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@OF, Thank you for all the kind words and the welcome! I've only followed the sage advice of yourself and many others here; this is a pretty special resource for someone trying to navigate the world of vaporization. So much experience and knowledge shared on this site, it's ridiculous! And invaluable to the newbie. I've been to many forums and I won't disparage any of them but FC is the only one I joined. There's a level of respect among its members and a genuine passion for vaping truth, it just felt like home.

The benefits of vaping are so many: health, financial, efficiency plus truly tasting your flowers instead of hacking! I was in disbelief at first, it seemed too good to be true. Science is a wonderful thing!

Thanks again OF, for the welcome and encouragement. Take care!

I want a third vape....one that is portable but can produce some hefty clouds through water. I love my Air but I don't use it for vaporbonging. I have my LSV for that....buuuuut I'm stuck to the wall man. Cords cords cords...

I'll be keeping up on this thread. Mostly positive feedback so far.

Anyone using the SOLO 2 with a bong and gong? Is it magic? Is it garbage? :hmm:

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Okay, the last few pages are kinda freaking me out. Quit smoking tobacco last year and I'm ready to fuck combustion completely. My wife kindly offered to get my first vape for my upcoming 50th; so I've spent 2 months trying to educate myself on an appropriate choice. I finally pulled the trigger on the solo 2 as a solid, simple 1st device and now I'm second-guessing myself. Mind you, I've not even received it yet!

Side note: I got it and a few extra bits from PlanetVape; they were amazing, the lady I talked with was just lovely and patient with my ignorance. I asked about an FC discount like they say to on their sponsor page, not really knowing what to expect. Wow, FC membership has privileges! What a great experience.
Re: your concerns with the last few pages, all I can really offer is my personal experience that it never stopped me from enjoying my original Solo. Goin' on 4 years now? It hasn't seen any use in some months but for a while it was my primary, getting used anywhere from 1-5 stems a day for weeks and months on end. It did have a smell, but it was that "new electronics in packaging" smell that I also found in my PS2, electric toothbrush, one of my torch lighters... they all go away after a little bit outside of the packaging.

When you get it, you'll want to clean the stems with some ISO alcohol or similar. Get a qtip end soaked in some ISO, give it a quick shake so it's not dripping, and invert the Solo 2 with the oven pointing down, and give it a quick swab as well. Upside down and with a moist, not dripping, qtip, so you don't drip a bunch down the holes. It's ISO alcohol so it will evaporate anyways but let's not go pouring stuff down there anyways :)

You don't need screens in the stem if you grind coarse, but you may find little pieces still going through. 1/2 inch screens sit flat inside, but if you get 5/8 inch screens you can make a little sort of dome screen and put that inside, with the dome pointing up. These are ideal because when the screens sit flat, it's easy for debris to accumulate where the holes are and it clogs them right up. With the domed screen, the holes sit underneath the little domed screen and stay clean and opened until all of the actual screen is plugged up (which can only really happen with pure kief bowls or if you put a lot of oil into it lol). It should look a little bit like this

DzViyE1.jpg

Other than that I dunno. Make sure the material isn't too moist? Vaporizing will start vaporizing the lower temperature stuff before the higher temperature stuff, so your first few hits are mostly terpenes and water vapor from the water content. The big big hits are around 2-4 depending on the material. Once it reaches temperature, let the stem sit there for 15-30 seconds before you take your first draw and it will help make it cloudier. Don't fight the resistance of the stems/oven too much. Have a glass of cool water or something around, vapor is different than smoke. Seemed to me that vapor had the ability to be drier and warmer than smoke if that makes sense? Plus the cottonmouth ;)

edit: @I'm Ron Burgundy? I don't know if this will tag you but here's a video AJS posted further back in the thread of a water sesh. Skip to 3 minutes to jump to the start of it.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo-ii.23703/page-33#post-1122524

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I want a third vape....one that is portable but can produce some hefty clouds through water. I love my Air but I don't use it for vaporbonging. I have my LSV for that....buuuuut I'm stuck the wall man. Cords cords cords...

Vid on page 22

OF

@OF, Thank you for all the kind words and the welcome!

The benefits of vaping are so many: health, financial, efficiency plus truly tasting your flowers instead of hacking! I was in disbelief at first, it seemed too good to be true. Science is a wonderful thing!

Thanks again OF, for the welcome and encouragement. Take care!

Hey, I just got to you first. Lots of good folks around, as you've discovered.......sadly some of them still have day jobs though, which can interfere in what's really important in life.

I think you've already broken the code WRT the whole vaping advantage and are well on the way to working out the details as they relate to you. I predict that before Summer's out you'll be in 'triple digit country' post wise and helping the new guys out. You'll be here with the rest of us repaying the debt we owe for the education provided by those before. I'll give odds.

By all means enjoy your new Solo when it gets there, IMO worth any reasonable wait, Hopefully soon you'll agree.

I bet the wife is going to like the change in smell around the home front as well. Everyone wins in this game......as it should be.

Cheers. Looking forward to your 'I just got this' post. I'll get you started, "Solo 2 is smaller than I expected....."

OF

little teaser vid.:D review vid to follow with features...cmon...i gotta got to work!:nod:
2 hit killa!!

Vid on page 22

Thanks, nice clouds! That started milking right away. I figure I can't go wrong with one of these...I've had my Air for a little over a year and still love it.
I'm assuming the Solo 2 is more powerful so it would make a nice home vape free from cords.... water or dry.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I want a third vape....one that is portable but can produce some hefty clouds through water. I love my Air but I don't use it for vaporbonging. I have my LSV for that....buuuuut I'm stuck the wall man. Cords cords cords...

https://instagram.com/p/BVU8jCagCtj/
Don't fret. It is magic.

Top Bottom