Arizer Solo II

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Whose to say what's being said on Readit is factual?
It's sort of the "high school" factual over there Carol. :rofl:Not my cup o tea:haw:

It means that the air goes through the electronics, and is not isolated, that's all. That's a fact.
And it is safe. Also fact. Lets not beat this dead horse again plenty of "other" threads to go to:2c:

Last edited by a moderator:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Honestly guys, it's getting pretty acrimonious in here. I like debates but some of the blows here are a bit much.

How many of you are using your Solo 2s through water?? I love mine through the d020d. Super smooth and hits are massive.

Nice bubbler suggestion @OF!

KktGGHD.jpg

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Honestly guys, it's getting pretty acrimonious in here. I like debates but some of the blows here are a bit much.

How many of you are using your Solo 2s through water?? I love mine through the d020d. Super smooth and hits are massive.

Agreed. Sorry for my tone @biohacker. Let's get back to this vape:tup:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks for teaching me a new word! :D And I agree with you completely.

What in the world is that other worldly thing in your aromatherapy bowl? :rofl:

I add every word I come across that I don't know to my dictionary app and study them weekly. I'm up to like 175 words. My vocab is pretty poor :/ getting better tho!

Airpath is always a contentious issue. Might as well start a topic on abortions ;)

This lovely aroma dish is filled with some home grown basil. I may try vaping it at some point ... cuz why not?

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I'm not sure turbo stems are the answer, CK can say better than I, but I can say they produce less, not more, vapor at the same heat settings. And while you can easily get more volume, it will be more dilute. The same basic results can happen if you leak a bit of air into your mouth next to the stem.

OF

I've used both. For a couple days each one exclusively, and a few more days swapping them in and out.

I believe the stock Solo II stem produces bigger clouds. The turbo is nice but it does dilute the vapour a bit.

I've found it most noticeable outside. The clouds are just better with the stock stem.

I have not tried an OG Solo stem (with the larger 4 holes that seem melted into the glass vs laser cut). Though I'm sure the results would be similar.

Another thing to note is the Turbo has a screen vs the stock stem. Flavour is a little different at low heat and measurably superior at high temps with pure glass.

I couldn't get a PVHES Vortex stem to fit and broke a few trying. I've been told by PlanetVape they are in the process of making new Vortex stems to fit the Solo II.

I'll report back when I get one and give it a try.

jake18a

KktGGHD.jpg
I use it with my Mobius Ion Matrix or a Distilled Glass Recycler. I highly recommend it for any of you having trouble with harshness.

OF

It seems the clowns did not manage to troll you in the thread. They might foolishly jeer, but they do not realize it will be people like you and OF that will greatly improve overall standards by investigating and openly showing dislike for vape systems and ideas which should no longer even exist in these times!
Can you imagine how great things would be if every portable maker was already forced/shamed into using fully inert bowls, air paths and user friendly designs.

Please don't include me as supporting this. In fact, just the opposite. I thought I was quite clear that I saw no design flaws or safety risks that should be corrected. Nothing that concerns me. Please let me be clear now? I don't believe in evil 'electronic vapor', nor Lead in solder that has no Lead (like used here) or any of the rest of the unscientific concerns that get put out as legitimate with nothing more than ill informed opinions to back them up. Not my style as they say.

And please don't get me started on clowns and trolls.

For the record, I see nothing unsafe about the design, nothing for us to mount a Crusade so makers will be "forced/shamed" into anything without some realistic data to back it up. Please don't claim otherwise on my behalf. I'm a Capitalist at heart, makers who bring products to market take their risks in hopes of rewards. They offer us new stuff, and are not there to 'service our demands'. If you don't like the new product, by all means don't buy. Make informed buying decisions. That's my advice?

TIA

OF

biohacker

Please don't include me as supporting this.

Uh, I didn't write that PM, another member did. Wasn't that clear? And he was praising your posts? :shrug:

Perhaps you should re-read that post, because your perception is greatly misconstrued, nobody (especially myself) is claiming anything on your behalf, that's for certain. Please don't make something out of nothing.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Please don't include me as supporting this. In fact, just the opposite. I thought I was quite clear that I saw no design flaws or safety risks that should be corrected. Nothing that concerns me. Please let me be clear now? I don't believe in evil 'electronic vapor', nor Lead in solder that has no Lead (like used here) or any of the rest of the unscientific concerns that get put out as legitimate with nothing more than ill informed opinions to back them up. Not my style as they say.

And please don't get me started on clowns and trolls.

For the record, I see nothing unsafe about the design, nothing for us to mount a Crusade so makers will be "forced/shamed" into anything without some realistic data to back it up. Please don't claim otherwise on my behalf. I'm a Capitalist at heart, makers who bring products to market take their risks in hopes of rewards. They offer us new stuff, and are not there to 'service our demands'. If you don't like the new product, by all means don't buy. Make informed buying decisions. That's my advice?

TIA

OF
You're kind of known for taking vaporizers apart and looking inside to see what's what... the way I read that post, it said that you were one of the posters here that would make manufacturers step up their game by posting internals and giving your opinions on what is good and what is not. You do call 'em like you see 'em, whether you see it as good or bad. Just how I interpreted it :2c: Really the only other person I know of off-hand that tends to take their vaporizers apart and post pictures is Randy at Puffitup, but he posts them on his site, not on here.

vaporist4LIFE

I add every word I come across that I don't know to my dictionary app and study them weekly. I'm up to like 175 words. My vocab is pretty poor :/ getting better tho!

Airpath is always a contentious issue. Might as well start a topic on abortions ;)

This lovely aroma dish is filled with some home grown basil. I may try vaping it at some point ... cuz why not?
Heck yes love you for that basil !! One of my favorites I could use it as cologne , so fragrant :)
I second vaping it....WHY NOT ??!! ;) :D

OF

You're kind of known for taking vaporizers apart and looking inside to see what's what... the way I read that post, it said that you were one of the posters here that would make manufacturers step up their game by posting internals and giving your opinions on what is good and what is not.

Thank you, I get that but that's not my problem. I'm reading 'past that post' perhaps. There is a long running safety discussion going on that I don't think is at all helpful. Nor appropriate here as I understand the rules. I don't want to be included in that as being at all supportive of some of the (IMO) false claims made. I don't agree with it and don't want to be cited as part of that quest.

I don't think that conversation should really be happening, I wanted to be left out of it but feel I got 'called out'.

OF

biohacker

There is a long running safety discussion going on that I don't think is at all helpful. Nor appropriate here as I understand the rules.

Nobody is saying that the airpath is "unsafe". Did you not see the link I posted above? You're reading into it too much, all that is said is that the airpath is through warm electronics. That's it. There is also a good reason why isolated and all glass air paths are coveted. It wasn't long ago that some still remember the OG Solo and its air path "robot fart" fiasco. ALL those posts still reside in the Solo thread BTW.

I wanted to be left out of it but feel I got 'called out'.

Nobody "called you out", you were referred to in a good sense by a kind member, as @Quetzalcoatl nicely explained.

Last edited:
biohacker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Uh, I didn't write that PM, another member did. Wasn't that clear? And he was praising your posts? :shrug:

Perhaps you should re-read that post, because your perception is greatly misconstrued, nobody (especially myself) is claiming anything on your behalf, that's for certain. Please don't make something out of nothing.
I think OF takes issue with this:
it will be people like you and OF that will greatly improve overall standards by investigating and openly showing dislike for vape systems and ideas which should no longer even exist in these times!
Implying that OF "openly shows dislike" is just not true, in fact the opposite seems to be the case with regards to the Solo2.

Now regarding this theory of "dirty air paths".... We've already had this discussion ad nauseum on FC
and we aren't going to allow it to happen again here in this thread. :horse:

If someone wants to start a thread in the lounge about how they don't like to breathe air that has touched any warm electronics (including PCs, TVs, etc.) go for it.:argh:

:peace:

biohacker

Thanks for bringing that to my attention @Stu. I didn't write it, but I don't think that the member was exactly implying that, but rather that he was referring to of taking a picture of the solo II's guts, and that I simply expressed my opinion about the vapour path not being isolated. I think it was just a generalization and misrepresentation. Reading it again, I do realize how it could have been perceived different. It was discussed ad nauseum, including in this thread before I even brought it up, and hope it just stops now. I apologize for voicing/venting my opinions on the solo II airpath, it's one fine portable vaporizer!

Keep calm and Solo II on! :peace:

OF

I think OF takes issue with this:

Implying that OF "openly shows dislike" is just not true, in fact the opposite seems to be the case with regards to the Solo2.

Exactly so, thank you very much for putting it in much clearer terms than I did. I like Solo II (And Air and the original Solo for that matter). I see no cause for safety related concerns, and don't like being cast in a supporting role in that campaign. I have no role to play there, no 'dog in that fight'.

I'm pretty sure that most any Member would feel the same.

Solo 2 seems solidly designed and safely built, I have no complaints with it. None, now that availability seems to be sorted out. I've tried to be very clear about that, complete with 'disclaimer' with the photos to the effect that 'some will object to the lack of seal...'. But not me. I'm not sure how I could have been more clear. I recommend it as is. Guys that have them should enjoy them, those that don't should seriously consider it.

Thanks again for understanding. Now back to enjoying Solo 2. I'm about to do my 3rd recharge and that covers a LOT of sessions. Having 50% more battery on board is sure nice. And the 'raise the charge rate' trick, even though it means a new charger to support it, means the recharge time doesn't rise to match it. It still recharges like Solo I does.

I'm curious about that battery pack, perhaps it is 'plug compatible' with Solo I? It has about the right form factor and perhaps the same connector? Arizer isn't big on inventing new stuff I think.....

Although I'd bet right now they don't plan to sell the battery packs like they did. I think there's just too much risk prying the face plate up and so on. My money's on a 'factory replacement' deal like with Ascent. Could well be wrong, of course, often am.

Solo I would charge at it's normal (800mA or so) rate, so it's going to take 50% longer to charge even if you use the new charger (limited by the internal charge circuit) but run time should be "up to 3 hours" advertised for Solo II, not the 'up to 2 hours' we looked for last time. Cool. I've also ordered some Panasonic 18650Bs with tabs (for building battery packs.....) and will build one up for the old Solos even that way at least.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This battery is a tank. I've used this unit about 10 times and 10 min sessions each. It still shows the battery over half.

The stock stem works great, no screen, it does give good flavor and clouds.

Using the j hook right now with a Shorty GonG from Planetvape, temp 385 degrees, this is a non turbo. You were right @AJS how well the j hook works. Not using a screen in the GonG either. The vapor isn't too harsh at 385.

My Ed's Blackwood 18mm WonG doesnt fit. It wouldn't sit down in the oven. The black gasket o ring is in the way. The WonG was made for the Solo OG. I tried using it that way but too much air escaped for a tight seal.

I'm using some GrapeApe in my Solo 2.;):leaf:

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

You are saying it's safe on what basis?

Just what arizer said about the parts used
VW told their customers a load of BS about their cars recently and were found to be lying through their teeth. Companies will tell people what they want to hear to sell a product unfortunately. Not neccessarily the case with Arizer but worth thinking about.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's not like Arizer is an unknown company. They have a stellar reputation. Early on in 2011 and 2012 they had problems with the fumes from the Solo OG when it first came out. Members talk about the "robot fart" smell. That was a long times ago and has been fixed for 5 years or more. Arizer made sure its customers were compensated with a fixed unit. Many of those vaporizers are still running.

I read through the Solo thread while I was investigating what vaporizer to buy when I fucked combustion. I chose the Solo OG back in June of 2013, 4 years ago. All my Solo OGs are still working and so is my Arizer Air. I can't say that for some of my other vaporizers.

At this point I'm not smelling any fumes or having any problems with my Solo 2. Any vaporizer in the beginning is going to have that new smell. That does disappear.

Some folks may have a sensitivety with smells. There are probably many folks that can't tolerate quite a few vaporizers in the marketplace if that's their issue. Maybe some will actually go back to combustion because they think that's better for them. I've heard folks say that on FC.

The heat up time is 3xs faster with the Solo 2 and its quick and easy to use. A good unit for those that like to lay back and just enjoy the experience. A hassle free vaporizer with a long lasting battery is what I like. It's quick and easy especially if you are on the go.

Last edited:

OF

At this point I'm not smelling any fumes or having any problems with my Solo 2. Any vaporizer in the beginning is going to have that new smell. That does disappear.

Excellent point, although I suspect you can find a new vape that doesn't do this? The Bender comes to mind, it's all glass and heats by IR through the walls by a ceramic heater that has very little off gassing.

More important, I think, is vapes are not alone in this 'new heater smell'. Hair dryers have it? So do toasters, room heaters, and my brand new electric BBQ (which took 4 hours of 'full blast' burn offs before it saw the first steak). Every new soldering iron I've owned did it (and that's a lot of such tools over the years), it goes away there too. I wonder if the backyard electric BBQ forums have this problem?

From an objective POV the very fact you can see or smell anything is proof that there is now less to evaporate? Oils, moisture and such left behind evaporates off to make the vapor and so is no longer there. If it's there, and you sense it in any way, it's by definition getting less and less? Somewhere along the line (almost) anyone is sure to find a level they can accept (or no longer detect, although it's surely still there......). For most of us that happens early on, for some I guess it never does.

In a way it's like the 'new paint smell' or the 'we just replaced the carpet....' we have where we live, it too 'goes away' on an ever diminishing scale. We stop 'smelling' (recognizing) the offending odor long before it can be detected by instruments.

"Some people are harder to please than others".

Regards and best wishes to all in your enjoyment of Solo II. Mine is charged, loaded and waiting for the Sun to warm up the morning some along with me. FWIW it's being much more patient than I am.....

OF

Last edited:
Top Bottom