Arizer Solo II

OF

I just purchased a Solo2 direct from Airizer. They were offering a BOGO and I got a “free” Air. It shipped today and I am waiting for it to show up. I will post more when I get it in.

Congratulations! Great call for a 'first vape', you've clearly done your homework. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I think you'll find Air useful when Solo is too big/inconvenient, but 'around the house' Solo will get the nod.

Remember to keep your herb 'well cured' (dry) going in, give it time to 'heat soak' between hits (say half a minute?). Most owners end up liking 390F or so, but experiment. Also try intact nuglets, it need not be ground.

Best wishes with your new best friends.

OF

smirak

Got my kit in the mail yesterday. I used the solo 2 to smoke 3 bowls last night between my wife and I. The first we smoked together and didn’t really feel much. The second she smoked by herself and the third I smoked bu myself. I gotta say, I have mixed emotions...I haven’t gotten really good vapor yet. However, you don’t just quit after once, right? About to give it a shot as well...tried at 390, 385 and 380... I might try with an actual nug tonight...

GoldenBud

Got my kit in the mail yesterday. I used the solo 2 to smoke 3 bowls last night between my wife and I. The first we smoked together and didn’t really feel much. The second she smoked by herself and the third I smoked bu myself. I gotta say, I have mixed emotions...I haven’t gotten really good vapor yet. However, you don’t just quit after once, right? About to give it a shot as well...tried at 390, 385 and 380... I might try with an actual nug tonight...
hi, i suggest you to use a medium grind herb, but pack it with your little finger away from the heater. start from 180-185c,
pack about 0.1, you'll get clouds.

OF

Welcome to the Forum, great choice of vapes.

First off, a small but very important point: We don't 'use the S word' here. We don't smoke, we vaporize ('vape'), VERY IMPORTANT distinction. No combustion (note the Forum name.....).

When you first smoked herb you found it revolting, right? We all did, and still do for the most part. Only your mind plays a cruel trick on you. Like Pavlov's dogs your mind links the nasty smoke with getting off on the THC. One depends on the other in your mind. In fact, you can sometimes 'get off' by smoking herb with zero THC. Really.

You need to break that link. "You don't have to stick your face in the campfire to get off". For a very fortunate few this can happen in the first time or two trying vaping. Most of us took several days to maybe even a week or two? Be patient, it will 'sneak up on you'. Honest. It did so for all of us (certainly the overwhelming majority).

After that you're home safe and dry. Since you no longer burn up THC in some ill conceived fire your herb bill will drop to like 1/3 or 1/4 of what it is now. Honestly. And your health will improve as you stop sucking in all the toxic junk that combustion provides. And the smell is better. And no more 'red eye' since you're not being assaulted with all the crap in smoke.

So you save a bunch of bucks, smell better, don't feel congested, and get to live longer to enjoy it. What's not to like.

Hang in there, good times ahead for you and the good wife.

Welcome to FC.

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Sad day at the AJS house.

Solo 2 is officially giving the error7 and auto shutting off every minute. What a bummer, I really wanted this guy to last. Time to open up a warranty! At least she’s not my daily driver, but still been enjoying her lately.

This was 4 months ago. I never turned it into arizer, just started the warranty service. I turned the vape on tho and it has run 2 sessions so far without the error. I’ll keep you guys updated and see if it fixed itself.

Also, vape held full charge after 4 months on the shelf.

smirak

Welcome to the Forum, great choice of vapes.

First off, a small but very important point: We don't 'use the S word' here. We don't smoke, we vaporize ('vape'), VERY IMPORTANT distinction. No combustion (note the Forum name.....).

When you first smoked herb you found it revolting, right? We all did, and still do for the most part. Only your mind plays a cruel trick on you. Like Pavlov's dogs your mind links the nasty smoke with getting off on the THC. One depends on the other in your mind. In fact, you can sometimes 'get off' by smoking herb with zero THC. Really.

You need to break that link. "You don't have to stick your face in the campfire to get off". For a very fortunate few this can happen in the first time or two trying vaping. Most of us took several days to maybe even a week or two? Be patient, it will 'sneak up on you'. Honest. It did so for all of us (certainly the overwhelming majority).

After that you're home safe and dry. Since you no longer burn up THC in some ill conceived fire your herb bill will drop to like 1/3 or 1/4 of what it is now. Honestly. And your health will improve as you stop sucking in all the toxic junk that combustion provides. And the smell is better. And no more 'red eye' since you're not being assaulted with all the crap in smoke.

So you save a bunch of bucks, smell better, don't feel congested, and get to live longer to enjoy it. What's not to like.

Hang in there, good times ahead for you and the good wife.

Welcome to FC.

OF

Thanks for the reply. I do notice that regardless of how much I vape, the high isn’t as intense as it is when combusting. I vaped 2 bowls last night, one being a nug. Ran the unit on 356 (as suggested earlier)...nice, mellow, body high, but not as intense and not as long lasting. However, I don’t quit after only two sessions...

OF

Thanks for the reply. I do notice that regardless of how much I vape, the high isn’t as intense as it is when combusting. I vaped 2 bowls last night, one being a nug. Ran the unit on 356 (as suggested earlier)...nice, mellow, body high, but not as intense and not as long lasting. However, I don’t quit after only two sessions...

You're quite welcome. That's the effect all right. Your brain, still craving the nasty stuff, is telling you 'we're not there yet' when in fact that's not so. THC does it's good work by blocking receptors. Not like alcohol or most other drugs. This is why you can't 'overdose' like with those other common drugs (which are causing real physical changes). Excessive amounts (past 100%, saturation) can't get you higher really. All it can do is linger longer in your blood supply (you stay higher longer, not higher). This is a tough lesson to learn while the other half of your brain is shouting, 'no, nor yet, you need more'. Hang in there, sooner or later the link will get broken and you can reap the true benefits of vaping.

Then you will finally understand that smoking is just as nasty and disgusting as it ever was. And you will be free, or at least freer.

Regards and best wishes for reaching that point soon. You won't regret the effort.

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Been enjoying my warranty replacement Solo II. The problem is I am out of home grow, so my wife got me some White Grapes weed at the dispensary for my 70th birthday.:myday: Used it all already. So I have been using my EQ with the balloons and ABV. Amazing how high you can get with recycled ABV. I use it at a higher temp, so I have to be careful of combusting it(yuck). So I really don't ever run out of weed.:leaf:

Last edited:

OF

Question: What is the smallest dose you ever successfully vaped in the Arizer solo 2?
0.04, make sure u pack it with your little finger away from the heater to maximize convection

It's a pretty subjective point I think. While 8 or 10mg of THC (assuming 20% herb, and you won't even get all of that delivered) is enough for some, most of us are used to larger dosages? Folks vary a lot, we have a long time Member who uses a gram a month. Yes, a whole gram in 30 days. And we have another who rolls 7 gram blunts?

Personally I too have had modest success with .05 or so loads, but only for 'top ups', not from a 'sober start'. Something like I'd expect from a solid hit or two from a normal load?

Believe what you want, but I suggest you rethink the convection idea. If you have an open mind. Try this simple test: Load that small charge at the top of the bowl and then barely insert the stem past the seal (not into the cup) and puff away on a heated Solo. 100% convection with 'no' conduction. What happens?

Then fully insert a similar stem and let it sit for a couple of minutes (100% conduction with no convection) and take a quick hit. What happens?

The very 'fact' that Solo benefits from 'heat soaks' between hits indicates it's conduction based (benefits from time between hits for replacement heat to conduct in). Convection would suffer from such pauses since the load would cool off requiring lots of hot air to reheat it again. Right?

Even if the air was heated to say 390 degrees (not possible given the fast passage and tiny surface areas of the port walls, the average has to be much much lower than the cup), 390F air is not going to heat the load enough to make vapor (making vapor takes extra heat energy, and there are losses to consider) 'Real' convection vapes have much hotter heat sources. Typically incandescent ('glowing hot').

By all means use whatever technique gives you the results you want, but please be careful using technical terms when they don't seem to be accurate?

Regards to all.

OF

GoldenBud

It's a pretty subjective point I think. While 8 or 10mg of THC (assuming 20% herb, and you won't even get all of that delivered) is enough for some, most of us are used to larger dosages? Folks vary a lot, we have a long time Member who uses a gram a month. Yes, a whole gram in 30 days. And we have another who rolls 7 gram blunts?

Personally I too have had modest success with .05 or so loads, but only for 'top ups', not from a 'sober start'. Something like I'd expect from a solid hit or two from a normal load?

Believe what you want, but I suggest you rethink the convection idea. If you have an open mind. Try this simple test: Load that small charge at the top of the bowl and then barely insert the stem past the seal (not into the cup) and puff away on a heated Solo. 100% convection with 'no' conduction. What happens?

Then fully insert a similar stem and let it sit for a couple of minutes (100% conduction with no convection) and take a quick hit. What happens?

The very 'fact' that Solo benefits from 'heat soaks' between hits indicates it's conduction based (benefits from time between hits for replacement heat to conduct in). Convection would suffer from such pauses since the load would cool off requiring lots of hot air to reheat it again. Right?

Even if the air was heated to say 390 degrees (not possible given the fast passage and tiny surface areas of the port walls, the average has to be much much lower than the cup), 390F air is not going to heat the load enough to make vapor (making vapor takes extra heat energy, and there are losses to consider) 'Real' convection vapes have much hotter heat sources. Typically incandescent ('glowing hot').

By all means use whatever technique gives you the results you want, but please be careful using technical terms when they don't seem to be accurate?

Regards to all.

OF

Tried this test and it worked well, better than I thought, and basically because of the 'Law of conservation of mass' - no vapor leaked because the vapor pressure inside the Solo II remained almost the same through the 3 mintues of testing - and the taste was also good. actually pretty good.

So, the thing to pack it, is just for people who don't use screens. with packed bowl, you less likely to get herb particles into your mouth.

StringTheorista

I’ve been mildly obsessed with cooling beads for my dynavap glass stems, , and just added about 15 6mm glass marbles to my Ed’s tNt Blackwood stem (with a screen inserted at the top to hold them inside). Very very nice adjustment to that stem!

OF

Tried this test and it worked well, better than I thought, and basically because of the 'Law of conservation of mass' - no vapor leaked because the vapor pressure inside the Solo II remained almost the same through the 3 mintues of testing - and the taste was also good. actually pretty good.

"Vapor pressure" really means something different than you intend here? It's a temperature related expression of the tendency to evaporate (usually from liquid to gas, although there are rare solid to gas cases like dry ice and moth balls) at any given temperature. It's a pressure, usually in mm of Mercury, at which the material evaporates at the exact rate as it condenses. It's what makes fog work, and water boil since it's vapor pressure is 760mm ('normal pressure') at 100C. So water gas would make up 100% of the 'air' above the water? At lower temperatures the reduced pressure makes up a percent of the air, which backs into 'relative humidity'.

The total pressure remains the same. The THC vapor simply displaces Oxygen or Nitrogen molecules near by, and becomes a percentage of the total. It's not like steam escaping a boiling tea kettle.

Anyway, the fact that no vapor (which is really a small part of the total air/vapor mix we inhale) escapes is related. It condenses out on slightly cooler areas. That is it 'recycles' back to liquid again awaiting our pleasure. In the heyday of PD, many of us spaced out with a stem of herb (about .035 grams) warming in the unit.....overnight. The vapor recycled, all night, and gave still potent (but not very tasty at all) hits the next day. Not advised, of course, but it demonstrates whey the good stuff doesn't 'get away' over reasonable times. While not advised, many of us conducted this experiment........

If you've ever watched the big boys 'doing dabs' you can see this in action. There the cloud over then hot nail is 'saturated', basically pure gas at that temperature, but as soon as it cools even a little bit that pressure has to drop so 'THC fog' forms. That fog is an aerosol technically (small clumps of molecules, distributed through the air), not really vapor (individual molecules) as we call it. It's not individual molecules but clumps from a micron (thousandth of a mm) or a bit less to several microns in size. This is why some vapes are more efficient than others it seems, given the same loads/concentrations. Particle size in the several microns never makes it deep into the lungs, rather gets trapped before. Very large ones never make it past your mouth and throat. Very tiny ones may go deep but statistically are unlikely to touch moist tissue and are simply exhaled to no net effect. As I understand it the 'ideal particle size' for us is in the few micron range. Some vapes produce more of these than others, percentage wise.

Or not.

And I think 'conservation of Mass' is really a religious term....having to do with Catholics I think?

Glad you got good results. That's what counts in the end. "A rose, by any other name" and all that.

Regards to all.

OF

1. You must grind or chop the bud with scissors. Do not use whole nugs.

2. Sip slow and long

3. Bump up the temp over 400. Ending the session at max temp.

4. Let it heat soak between rips.

Congrats on your purchase :peace:

OF

2. Sip slow and long

Good advice for sure, at least for some? I've no real problem with numbers 2 and 4, but it is possible to vape intact nugs in Solo/Air/ArGo. And some folk like it that way for reasons they consider important. So I think new owners should at least try it? I don't do so personally since I find bulk ground more convenient to my technique/use but I don't think it's right to tell someone to "never" do something reasonable they might like?

Likewise, many of us have problems at 'full tilt' (428F?). I think owners should experiment with temperatures, but not take as Gospel such advice.

To your list I'd add 'keep it well cured (dry) going in'. Not only do you get more vapor faster but your gear stays much cleaner. Fouling is much reduced without condensed water goofing it up.

I especially agree with the last comment above, a great purchase choice indeed!

Regards to all.

OF

hans solo

Left coast Canada

2. Sip slow and long

Check out this vid from sneaky Pete on the subject of vaping whole nugs.
Spent last night vaping a bunch of strains using whole nugs in my solo ll at 338f and it was very fine.

Good advice for sure, at least for some? I've no real problem with numbers 2 and 4, but it is possible to vape intact nugs in Solo/Air/ArGo. And some folk like it that way for reasons they consider important. So I think new owners should at least try it? I don't do so personally since I find bulk ground more convenient to my technique/use but I don't think it's right to tell someone to "never" do something reasonable they might like?

Likewise, many of us have problems at 'full tilt' (428F?). I think owners should experiment with temperatures, but not take as Gospel such advice.

To your list I'd add 'keep it well cured (dry) going in'. Not only do you get more vapor faster but your gear stays much cleaner. Fouling is much reduced without condensed water goofing it up.

I especially agree with the last comment above, a great purchase choice indeed!

Regards to all.

OF
These are basic guidelines. Obviously different people prefer different techniques.

He wasn't getting much vapor so I’m giving him tips.

Did I say never? Did I say this was gospel?
No.

Vaping whole nugs works well in some vapes but not the Solo2. You’re never going to extract it all. Unless you break it apart.

Running it through water at max temp is fine. What problems are others having with this?

This is why I don’t post much here anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

GtrBob

Spent last night vaping a bunch of strains using whole nugs in my solo ll at 338f and it was very fine.

338, I love it

The goal is not to get fully whacked but to experience enlightenment.
...love that too. :-)

Running it through water at max temp is fine. What problems are others having with this?

My throat and lungs get sore, even at 345 or so [I use ice water too, sometimes warm H2O].
Maybe it's all the 2nd hand ciggie smoke from playing in bars so many years, or 5 decades of pot smoking?

Can't imagine full temps and big clouds myself, more's the pity. :-)

This tool is so EZ and awesome. Nice flavors too.

Last edited:

hans solo

Left coast Canada
338, I love it

...love that too. :-)

My throat and lungs get sore, even at 345 or so [I use ice water too, sometimes warm H2O].
Maybe it's all the 2nd hand ciggie smoke from playing in bars so many years, or 5 decades of pot smoking?

Can't imagine full temps and big clouds myself, more's the pity. :-)

This tool is so EZ and awesome. Nice flavors too.

When I bake a nug at 338 it crumbles in my fingers so it seems like I am getting all the good stuff.

OF

When I bake a nug at 338 it crumbles in my fingers so it seems like I am getting all the good stuff.

I think that's very true. Not sure about 'the crumble test' but empirical results say it's happening? The issue is the rate and ratio of THC to 'other stuff'?

Consider that evaporation takes place below boiling point. I think folks get confused by looking at all the temperature charts without considering this. Water boils at 212F and yet a rain puddle drys (evaporates) on a warm afternoon? It just does so slowly.

Evaporation is temperature related. IIRC water has a "vapor pressure" of something like 20mm of mercury (out of a total of 760 in normal air) at 20C. This is what '100% Relative Humidity' is at that temperature. If we have say 10mm (pressure) of water vapor, 1 in 76 molecules, we have '50% RH'. If it tries to go higher than 1/36 (100% RH) the 'extra' condenses out into water vapor (and we have fog down here, or clouds up there). This generally happens when the air cools and the capacity to 'hold water' goes down.

I can't put numbers on THC, for some strange reason vapor pressure numbers seem to be missing from available data.......clearly more (government funded) research is called for in a truly civilized society. Still we can follow the general idea?

THC slowly evaporates, faster at higher temperatures. If we 'sweep' the vapor out (take a hit) room is made in the atmosphere inside the vape for more to evaporate to replace it. If not some condenses out to keep the total at 100%? We see this as Solo sits at idle, vapor 'recycles', awaiting our pleasure......

So it's really a matter of time (rate) and concentration? Good things for those not in a hurry.

Regards to all.

OF

smirak

Ok all...very insightful knowledge and help. Of course, I’ve been back at it...here’s my “current flow”...

1) pack the stem using my pinky...leaves about 1mm to the top of the bowl

2) turn on my unit to 385 and insert stem

3) start vaping. I know understand the heat soak comments...because, when I immediately take a hit after turning it on, it takes about 2-4 pulls to really get something out of it

4) I usually get about 4 10 second count pulls before I stir. I take the top off and dump it in my AVB container and stir the rest. I usually get about 2-3 more slow pulls before I’m done.

5) I am getting much better vape and much better high now...

Top Bottom