sapetoku

I'm getting the ArGo because I want something truly portable with replaceable batteries, the Air is too fragile with its exposed glass stem. Also, since I have the Air already, I know the quality I'm getting and I'm literally buying from a local business (Arizer is nearby). I was pondering on getting a Tera but for each positive post there's a dozen negative ones, so I'm not plonking CAD $300 into a potential piece of junk. So I'll get an ArGo and a Vapcap M and I'll be set for any situation.

BlazeDis

Hi have the OG Solo but eyeing up an ArGo and just wondering if the heat up time might be a deal breaker for me . How long does it take to heat up with a battery at say 50% ?
Also anyone take say 4 or 5 rips then turn off then fire up again later ? Do the sessions have to be 10 mins ?

OF

How long does it take to heat up with a battery at say 50% ?
Also anyone take say 4 or 5 rips then turn off then fire up again later ? Do the sessions have to be 10 mins ?

I think that's too subjective a measure (normal vapor production) to be useful here. I might be quite happy with flavorful but wispy hits (I'm not, really) while you're anxiously looking for 'big clouds'? In A/B testing (one in each hand with similar loads and charge) I can't decide. Close to a push.

The timer can be changed (unlike some) as stated above, and you of course can stop anytime you want and manually shut down. Many of us might do so, leaving the timer at 12 minutes (where I have mine to match Solo) but ending this session early and expecting to resume later for the rest. Some guys pull the stem and take a couple quick 'cooling hits', I let it coast to a stop in place (cool on it's own) fearing no loss of THC doing so. I then put a vinyl cap on the end to keep the spiders out.

OF

Zoppo

Alas, here in the UK we don't have access to medical weed - even though our Prime Minister and Drug Ministers husbands both have a hand in growing it for their own financial gain - so it's a case of whatever I can get my hands on really and it all seems to be cash cropper junk full of chemicals.

That's very sad! In germany we got medicalcannabis since spring 2017, but only around 25 different strains together. But to get one of them can be very difficult. There is still to less cannabis for the patients and not everybody gets the strains he may need. Also the insurances are a big problem. I got my special!!! medical-licence in 2014, at this time there was no medical-cannabis for everyone. You had to ask the government for it, have to send all of my clinical-papers to them and than I got it. I'm medicating since 2014 continuosly, startet with a sleep-efficiency of 48%, now I'm near 90% but I'm in the middle of a lawsuit against my health-insurance, cause they don't pay for it (it doesn't work, there are better drugs, etc. etc.

That's one reason more, why I love the Arizers, cause their efficiency is state of the art, saves a lot of money, and I don't see any vaporizer which can beat them in this category!

sapetoku

What I like with Arizer is the design, it's not a cheap-ass vape and no shortcut was taken. You can disassemble a unit and see how logical and well engineered the whole thing is. This alone gives me confidence in the unit. Also, I've now been vaping with my Air for close to a year (after smoking for close to 30 years) and it's been a great experience so far, even if it takes a little longer to get high. I also get my weed medically and the low temps in the Air (blue-white-green) are perfect for fluffy clouds of high-CBD weed. I look forward to the Argo's portability and longer battery life, will make it a breeze to take along with a small pre-ground stash.

Last time I took my Air outside I broke a tipped stem when I dropped the belt pouch and a kid asked me why I was sucking on a light saber lol

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Also anyone take say 4 or 5 rips then turn off then fire up again later ?
:nod::nod:

https://imgur.com/e2GbiZ6.jpg

a>

Last edited:

OF

Cool. The screen looks 'home made'? If so you might try the domed ones, they also reduce the volume but keep the part against the glass higher for better/faster heating.

Also if you use the other link on Imgur, the one that doesn't start "i." and end with .jpg it will load:
https://imgur.com/e2GbiZ6

The one you gave won't show in our browsers since it's not in cache I'm told.

OF

Marcus

Well, after much head scratching and me going back and forth between the Solo2 and ArGo I was still no further into making a decision...

Then the wife made one for me and ordered an ArGo. She found it for £156 (which is $202ish) and I'm quite happy with that, also if I like it and find a solo2 on black friday for a good deal I can buy myself one seeing as I didn't buy this ArGo... She did. ;) :tup: But the mighty is going :(

Thanks for your help folks, I'll report back when it arrives and gets used.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Cool. The screen looks 'home made'? If so you might try the domed ones, they also reduce the volume but keep the part against the glass higher for better/faster heating.

Also if you use the other link on Imgur, the one that doesn't start "i." and end with .jpg it will load:
https://imgur.com/e2GbiZ6

The one you gave won't show in our browsers since it's not in cache I'm told.

OF

Of!!:bowdown:
Thanks for the tip ... corrected
Yes I was the one who made the screen, Argo belongs to my wife and she does not need any more medication than this. Also the greens were not full vaped without screen

dzoinp,
Reactions: OF

Marcus

Wow, my ArGo has arrived and this thing is tiny. Much smaller than I expected.
It does get warm in your hand, I was aware of this and thought it may be an issue but that's gonna be a good thing during the cold months ahead when out walking the dog as it's not too warm that you can burn yourself.
I've done 3 x 10 minute burn offs @ 220*C and it still smells a bit, but it's back on charge and I have a stem loaded with a bit of Cali O for after this evenings run.
I would ask for any tips or tricks, but the simplicity of this unit looks like there shouldn't be much of a learning curve.
Only thing I'm a bit unsure of is the retractable plastic top feels cheap and the lip of both my stems is a little higher than flush, but hey, i'll take it for a test drive later.

I'm assuming it trickle charges the last 5% of battery as it sits at 95/96% for ages then suddenly hits 100%.

Marcus,

LabPong

Wow, my ArGo has arrived and this thing is tiny. Much smaller than I expected.
It does get warm in your hand, I was aware of this and thought it may be an issue but that's gonna be a good thing during the cold months ahead when out walking the dog as it's not too warm that you can burn yourself.
I've done 3 x 10 minute burn offs @ 220*C and it still smells a bit, but it's back on charge and I have a stem loaded with a bit of Cali O for after this evenings run.
I would ask for any tips or tricks, but the simplicity of this unit looks like there shouldn't be much of a learning curve.
Only thing I'm a bit unsure of is the retractable plastic top feels cheap and the lip of both my stems is a little higher than flush, but hey, i'll take it for a test drive later.

I'm assuming it trickle charges the last 5% of battery as it sits at 95/96% for ages then suddenly hits 100%.

Yes usually the last 10-5% charges slower. No issues though if you pull off the charger at 90%....wont hurt memory...basically charging from say 40-90% is good for a cells life span.

Few tips....load only about 70-80% full stems...and do not at all pack down..just level the top off so it does not stick above the end of the stem where it can touch the oven bottom.

Yes it will get warm at the higher temps....and pending on how long you set the on time to be. I normally use at 376F (191C) for the entire load and can normally finish before the 10 min auto off setting kicks in.

When you have the stem inserted into the vape..and the glass sticks up a bit with the lid down ( i never put it up for any reason), then you can use one of the rubber caps to put on the exposed stem top.. it will fit.

You should not have much burn off smell....as with all the arizers I have had. But I normally use a longer qtip and dampen it with ISO....then rub it around the oven bottom and side walls inside the air/stem path. Then go over with a dampened qtip with water and swab out again....let site for 5 mins and do 3 burn offs (just like you did)...then repeat the qtip cleaning....and your ready to roll. I do this will all my electric vapes for sure. Arizers seem to be the cleanest out of the box.

If you use water...or have a rig...get a WPA and you will be happy. I also highly suggest trying one of the bubble stems as they offer better tasting vapor and smoother. I get mine from 420EDC....check back a page or so and see the pics.

One last thing......having an extra battery or two is nice...you never want to have to wait for a battery to get charged. Sometimes that happens at the worst time when you really need to use.

Enjoy and welcome to the club! :tup:

Marcus

Yes usually the last 10-5% charges slower. No issues though if you pull off the charger at 90%....wont hurt memory...basically charging from say 40-90% is good for a cells life span.

Few tips....load only about 70-80% full stems...and do not at all pack down..just level the top off so it does not stick above the end of the stem where it can touch the oven bottom.

Yes it will get warm at the higher temps....and pending on how long you set the on time to be. I normally use at 376F (191C) for the entire load and can normally finish before the 10 min auto off setting kicks in.

When you have the stem inserted into the vape..and the glass sticks up a bit with the lid down ( i never put it up for any reason), then you can use one of the rubber caps to put on the exposed stem top.. it will fit.

You should not have much burn off smell....as with all the arizers I have had. But I normally use a longer qtip and dampen it with ISO....then rub it around the oven bottom and side walls inside the air/stem path. Then go over with a dampened qtip with water and swab out again....let site for 5 mins and do 3 burn offs (just like you did)...then repeat the qtip cleaning....and your ready to roll. I do this will all my electric vapes for sure. Arizers seem to be the cleanest out of the box.

If you use water...or have a rig...get a WPA and you will be happy. I also highly suggest trying one of the bubble stems as they offer better tasting vapor and smoother. I get mine from 420EDC....check back a page or so and see the pics.

One last thing......having an extra battery or two is nice...you never want to have to wait for a battery to get charged. Sometimes that happens at the worst time when you really need to use.

Enjoy and welcome to the club! :tup:

Hi LabPong, thanks for those tips.

Yeah, I'm already rocking a rubber cap on the stem - it'll keep any pocket fluff out also.

I use my SSV and elev8r with water, this ArGo is mostly for out and about use but those 420EDC bubbler stems do look interesting. :brow:

I think the smell I can get is just warm oven smell and nothing else now - I have a nose like a detective's bloodhound :sherlock: and can smell things others can't so I have no worries over the unit being clean. I've burnt it off and wiped a bit of kitchen cloth with a dab of 99.9% ISO around the bowl so she should be good.

Thansk again.

:clap::)

OF

I have a nose like a detective's bloodhound :sherlock: and can smell things others can't so I have no worries over the unit being clean.

That can be both a disadvantage and the source of fun in certain social circumstances. Some people (and things) can smell really nasty up close. Coffee drinkers and cigarette smokers are your best candidate after those not fond of bathing?

It can be fun, too. I used to work with a guy with 'super smelling' at a fairly big company. He was famous for it. He got to respond to every 'strange smell' call, even the woman's room in the Ivory Tower (Admin building). He'd come back into the shop to get a clean shop coat when he had to go 'up front' on such missions. OTOH, he'd come into the shop sniffing sometimes, walk between the benches still sniffing, and ask 'has anyone see which way Carl went? I can't find him' or somesuch. We had a guy who'd bring stuff like pickled squid and kim che (fermented cabbage) for lunch and could pass gas that could peel paint on passing cars. He had lots of fun with that.

Good resource to have around when some piece of gear prompted the dreaded words 'is something burning' in the test area.

There's a few things I miss about not working any more, but too few to change plans over.

OF

Marcus

That can be both a disadvantage and the source of fun in certain social circumstances. Some people (and things) can smell really nasty up close. Coffee drinkers and cigarette smokers are your best candidate after those not fond of bathing?

It can be fun, too. I used to work with a guy with 'super smelling' at a fairly big company. He was famous for it. He got to respond to every 'strange smell' call, even the woman's room in the Ivory Tower (Admin building). He'd come back into the shop to get a clean shop coat when he had to go 'up front' on such missions. OTOH, he'd come into the shop sniffing sometimes, walk between the benches still sniffing, and ask 'has anyone see which way Carl went? I can't find him' or somesuch. We had a guy who'd bring stuff like pickled squid and kim che (fermented cabbage) for lunch and could pass gas that could peel paint on passing cars. He had lots of fun with that.

Good resource to have around when some piece of gear prompted the dreaded words 'is something burning' in the test area.

There's a few things I miss about not working any more, but too few to change plans over.

OF

It's a bit of a curse for me @OF ... I can smell the colour 7 at times. :rofl:

I took my old Arizer EQ apart to clean all the dropped bud out of it one day and noticed there was a bakelite looking piece of plastic in there... From that day on all I could smell was hot bakelite when I fired the thing up. I know there was nothing wrong with it but it was just my oversensitive sense of smell. So I asked a pal to use it and smell it, he said it was ok so I gifted it to him.

Ah man, I'm watching the clock waiting for my better half to get home so we can go run, then I can eat and try this thing out... Sod's law she's late this evening.

:bang:

Manity

If anyone is from Ontario Canada you can order an Argo for 250CND taxes in from the Ontario Cannabis Store! Shocking one of the few deals on that site. Also a Solo II for 215CND taxes in!

Maczilla

was wondering, how hot does the vapour get compared to a dynavap m if anyone has compared. I cant use the dynavap m without water because its too hot, will I get the same experience out of the argo?

Maczilla,

sapetoku

If anyone is from Ontario Canada you can order an Argo for 250CND taxes in from the Ontario Cannabis Store! Shocking one of the few deals on that site. Also a Solo II for 215CND taxes in!

THANKS!!! That's great pricing, considering it's CAD $263+tax with 25% off on the Arizer site. $5 flat shipping, I'm taking it. Boom.

Edit: it comes down to CAD $217.50 before tax (13%), or USD $164.50, that's probably as good or better than any Black Friday deal we'll see.

Last edited:
sapetoku,
Reactions: Manity

Zoppo

Test of the Solo II for CBN finished, best temperature 178°C and 13 minutes sessionlength works fine, seems that this is the optimal settings for the first session, to get the material oxydated and producing CBN for the second session.

Today I will return to the Argo to check the optimal temperature and sessionlength for the first session. First temperatures between 177 and 180°C for a few days, after this the sessionlength.

Marcus

HI folks,

After a week with the Argo, I've decided it's not for me. Its a good little vape but it's got issues.

It gets stinking hot at 200*C+, I can't hold it and for this reason alone it is being returned for a refund. The stem is too short for me, when I use it I seem to warm my front teeth (and yes I've tried different techniques and lots of face pulling) and it leaves me with a metal type of taste in my mouth by the end of a 10 minute session. The pop up top/stem protector is pointless, my stems both sit above the top when fully popped open and when pocketed the stem fills with pocket fluff so I ended up not popping the top up and just using a rubber cap that came with stems.
Also a niggling little issue for me was that the top half of the argo and the bottom half don't seem to align properly. They are twisted. Feels wrong in my hand.

Ah well, back to the hunt for a small portable for the dog walks.

Marcus,

OF

Ah well, back to the hunt for a small portable for the dog walks.

Sorry to hear ArGo isn't a good fit with you. No vape could ever hope to please everyone.....

For dog walks I suggest Summit:
https://www.puffitup.com/Vapium-Summit-p/vap.sum.htm

This was 'discovered' by our very own Sinclue years back for dog walks specifically. After a lot of looking about. It features vibration for stealth, very fast heatup and ability to drop it back into a handy pocket in a heartbeat. Personally I like the OG version (a bit smaller than the plus).

Very tough. While not useful in SCUBA diving, it's 'rain proof' at any level you and Fido are up to. And fast, under a minute from cold start though a hit or two and back into the pocket. Most of that time it can stay in the pocket heating, it'll 'buzz you' when it's time to take that hit. Not the absolute best vapor, but good kept clean. And a neat thing to boot. Looks like a cell phone in construction, here's a link:
https://imgur.com/V0pqdKL
https://imgur.com/u51LR09

The second photo shows the bowl (at the opposite end from the MP, cool vapor and body), the vibration motor (as in a cell phone) is just above it.

Sinclue was right, while useful in many circumstances, it's 'just the ticket' for dog walks.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Marcus

Marcus

Cheers @OF .
I know I'm knocking the Argo a bit there, but it has loads of good points, and off the back of using it, I have gone and purchased a Solo2 this morning in the sales for my housebound sofa sessions.
I found it quite a civilised session vape, goes well with a nice 12 year single malt. :tup:

Will look into the summit, many thanks for the heads up.

Maybe I will return for the next incarnation of the Argo... the ArGo 2!! :brow:

Marcus,

little maggie

Cheers @OF .
I know I'm knocking the Argo a bit there, but it has loads of good points, and off the back of using it, I have gone and purchased a Solo2 this morning in the sales for my housebound sofa sessions.
I found it quite a civilised session vape, goes well with a nice 12 year single malt. :tup:

Will look into the summit, many thanks for the heads up.

Maybe I will return for the next incarnation of the Argo... the ArGo 2!! :brow:
Check out the Fury 2. It's perfect for dog walks.

Top Bottom