Argo vs fw5 vs fury2

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Well I wasn't really searching for anything (happy with my Solo II, Mighty, and OmniVap). I purchased more out of curiosity, and the want of an ultra-portable to replace my ArGo. Maybe I'll just shop around for pants with larger pockets so I can bring the Mighty with me.

Perhaps I spoke too soon with my criticisms. I have to experiment a little more with grinds, packing density, flower humidity, etc.

I will say that both the taste and clouds are best (for me, so far) with the bent glass stem.

So I'll give it more time. I tend to agree with most of what you say – on any thread – and I've read so many positive words from others as well on the Fury 2, that I've got to think that I've just not found a good technique yet.

I'll sort this cheeky girl out eventually. And, damn – she's just so cute: who wouldn't love her?
If you're a Mighty fan and enjoy electric portables you should try a Fierce if you haven't already. The bent stem with a screen in it is really nice. While Troy (and everyone else really) never stops praising the Mighty I prefer the Fierce for the glass airpath and the ability to produce comfortable vapor at a range of temps. I've mostly only used caps with the Mighty and I dislike what a weed hog it is. Six to eight big rips and it just stops producing vapor and the avb, while useless at that point, it barely brown. I can't manage any meaningful temp stepping with it. Contrast that to the Fierce where I can get ten hits at 370-380° and then another six to ten short hot hits at 410 to 420°. It's also way more pocketable than the Mighty, though nothing like the tiny little Fury 2.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Well I wasn't really searching for anything (happy with my Solo II, Mighty, and OmniVap). I purchased more out of curiosity, and the want of an ultra-portable to replace my ArGo. Maybe I'll just shop around for pants with larger pockets so I can bring the Mighty with me.

Perhaps I spoke too soon with my criticisms. I have to experiment a little more with grinds, packing density, flower humidity, etc.

I will say that both the taste and clouds are best (for me, so far) with the bent glass stem.

So I'll give it more time. I tend to agree with most of what you say – on any thread – and I've read so many positive words from others as well on the Fury 2, that I've got to think that I've just not found a good technique yet.

I'll sort this cheeky girl out eventually. And, damn – she's just so cute: who wouldn't love her?

loose pack I've found is best with fury2... I used to tight pack but the lesser draw resistance with loose pack provides more oxygen per hit and greater breathing mobility . I've adjusted though to the lesser amounts used in a light pack and want that lesser tolerance so as to enjoy it better... I've never even tried any other way to vape in fury2 than with the WPA exclusively...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
loose pack I've found is best with fury2... I used to tight pack but the lesser draw resistance with loose pack provides more oxygen per hit and greater breathing mobility . I've adjusted though to the lesser amounts used in a light pack and want that lesser tolerance so as to enjoy it better... I've never even tried any other way to vape in fury2 than with the WPA exclusively...

I almost never use the WPA on the Fury2. It’s my commute to and from work vape, so I’m using it with the standard mouthpiece 95% of the time.

But yeah, loose pack is the way to go with the Fury2.

Last edited:

John Coaltrain

. . . Fierce . . . . The bent stem with a screen in it is really nice. . .

Thanks, @bossman. Do you use a regular or XL glass stem? Would it make more sense to go for the XL and then size tailor it (with a screen) if need be? And are you using the screen to stop flower from passing through the stem's holes?

John Coaltrain,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks, @bossman. Do you use a regular or XL glass stem? Would it make more sense to go for the XL and then size tailor it (with a screen) if need be? And are you using the screen to stop flower from passing through the stem's holes?

Mine is the XL from before HR realized it was too deep for the original heater firmware. I was for sure thinking I'd prefer the smaller standard one until I put the screen in there. The screen reduces the chamber size a bit, keeps the material more in the chamber, and keeps the draw resistance more pleasantly open. I wasn't so much bothered by stuff getting through the glass screen holes, it's more that they'd get blocked up more easily and the stem would need to be cleaned more often. Now I can just torch the screen to restore the airflow when it starts to get gunked up. Even with a clean bent stem the draw resistance without the inserted screen isn't as good.

John Coaltrain

. . . The screen . . . keeps the draw resistance more pleasantly open. I wasn't so much bothered by stuff getting through the glass screen holes, it's more that they'd get blocked up more easily and the stem would need to be cleaned more often. . . Even with a clean bent stem the draw resistance without the inserted screen isn't as good.

Thanks. Yes, I've been doing exactly this with my ArGo and Solo II for the same reasons.

John Coaltrain,
Reactions: bossman

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC

If the Mighty was my main vape and I needed a pocketable vape; I would look no further than the Crafty.

Little Bill,

John Coaltrain

Update: I'm getting along much, much better with the Fury 2. I've actually toyed with the idea of ordering a second unit while they're marked down to $99 (today is the final day for that markdown).

I'm pretty sure it was a flower humidity issue. I had just started using Boveda packs about a week before the Fury 2 arrived, and have now sorted out how to get along with them.

Clouds are now dragon-esque, and flavour (particularly with the glass mouthpiece) comes pretty darn close to my Solo II.

The battery still leaves something to be desired – but love is all about compromise, right?

I am now very fond indeed of the Fury 2 – and on @bossman's recommendation, I've ordered a Fierce.

So if anybody out there is on the fence about a Fury 2 – get off that damned fence right now and order one.

At $99 – it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Update: I'm getting along much, much better with the Fury 2. I've actually toyed with the idea of ordering a second unit while they're marked down to $99 (today is the final day for that markdown).

I'm pretty sure it was a flower humidity issue. I had just started using Boveda packs about a week before the Fury 2 arrived, and have now sorted out how to get along with them.

Clouds are now dragon-esque, and flavour (particularly with the glass mouthpiece) comes pretty darn close to my Solo II.

The battery still leaves something to be desired – but love is all about compromise, right?

I am now very fond indeed of the Fury 2 – and on @bossman's recommendation, I've ordered a Fierce.

So if anybody out there is on the fence about a Fury 2 – get off that damned fence right now and order one.

At $99 – it's a no-brainer.
That's great to hear; thanks for the update.

Yeah, these days I'm in the habit of leaving ground weed on a sheet of paper from a day to let it dry out. Since I get smaller quantities I don't fuck with boveda packs at all now.

Curious to hear how you like the Fierce once it arrives. Mine still gets regular use even though my Splinters are far and away my favorite vapes. With extra dry weed it's fun to use the bent stem at like 360° or even lower for more of a Mighty experience. It temp steps well from there and the XL bent stem with a screen inserted has great draw resistance and a load size that's good for sharing with one person, which I appreciate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom