are log style vapes a fire hazard?

wildkfx

Hello everyone,
this is my first post, I've been lurking on here for a while doing research for my first vape. I believe the log style vapes would be the best fit for me because they can set out in plain view and your average person that comes to visit would never know what it is and the style they have just fit me better than other types.
Now to my question. Are log vapes a fire hazard if left plugged in 24/7? I know they can char the wood closest to the heat port but can it spontaneously catch fire? I searched for this first but couldn't find an answer.

wildkfx,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
havent heard of any fire issues .i doubt any log vape can go high enough combust herb ,and to set solid log on fire .... Go with the another of the 'immortals' -dbv wont let you down, in case u r paranoid.

Abysmal Vapor,

lwien

As long as you operate it within spec and don't use things to bump up the temp, like aftermarket AC adapters that operate at a higher voltage or use the unit with a variable power supply or wrap you unit in a koozie and leaving it there, there is no more of a fire danger than leaving a nightlight on at night.

Regarding the above post, I would be more concerned with the DBV being left on 24/7 and possibly falling over and coming into contact with something flammable, than a log vape being that the Buddha has the ability to be left on at a MUCH higher temp than a log vape operating within spec can achieve.

lwien,

wildkfx

I'm not too worried about it myself but my wife was concerned. The log look is what I'm after because i can let it set out and not worry that everyone will know what it is + they are super efficient. I know there are many different vapes on the market that are really nice but they just don't fit me.

lwien said:
As long as you operate it within spec and don't use things to bump up the temp, like aftermarket AC adapters that operate at a higher voltage or use the unit with a variable power supply or wrap you unit in a koozie and leaving it there, there is no more of a fire danger than leaving a nightlight on at night.

Regarding the above post, I would be more concerned with the DBV being left on 24/7 and possibly falling over and coming into contact with something flammable, than a log vape being that the Buddha has the ability to be left on at a MUCH higher temp than a log vape operating within spec can achieve.
Thanks lwien, i was just planning on using it in stock form, no koozie unless I'm using the unit and its too cool. I also think I might let it set on my stone fireplace mantel for extra safety.

wildkfx,

lwien

wildkfx said:
Thanks lwien, i was just planning on using it in stock form, no koozie unless I'm using the unit and its too cool. I also think I might let it set on my stone fireplace mantel for extra safety.

Yeah, I have mine on a glass coffee table. No concerns whatsoever.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You can also look into the new MZ. Rick is using a ceramic insulating blanket around his heat exchanger which eliminates any charring of the wood. :2c:

momofthegoons,

weedemon

enthusiast
never had any charring on my units yet i leave me on 24/7.

my biggest concern would it be coming into contact with something flammable. like if papers fell down on top of it. something like that. safe storage and you are good to go imo.

i put mine in a bookshelf with about 8 inches clearance from the shelf above, no issues. now i store it behind my monitor :)

weedemon,

lwien

weedemon said:
never had any charring on my units yet i leave me on 24/7.

Sure you have. It happens on the inside between the heat exchanger and the wood. Doesn't happen on the outside where you can see it.

lwien,

Todai

After handling hot ti nails, butane torches, beeline wick, lighters, etc. while high, the PD is probably the least of my fire hazard worries, lol.

But seriously, the top does get hot, so be careful. I don't think a log vape is any more of a hazard than any other appliance.

Todai,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Log style vapes are inherently safe to operate 24/7. The heating element is virtually identical in all brands. It is designed to operate continuously at 12 volts. If for some reason too much voltage is applied, it can only get so hot before the nichrome wire inside the heater burns out and breaks the circuit. Then no more heat energy can be added. There is approximately 5/16" of stainless steel materials between the heating element and the wood. The heating element cannot get hot enough to spontaneously combust the wood.

When you buy a new car, it has the ability to go really fast but will not last as long if you drive it fast all the time. It will get you where you need to go and last a lot longer if you drive it at normal speeds. If you are going to spend a lot of money on something, you want it to last a long time.

Good luck with your selection.

Alan,

wildkfx

thanks everyone for your advise, i figured i had nothing to worry about but its nice to have it confirmed by users of the products.

momofthegoons said:
You can also look into the new MZ. Rick is using a ceramic insulating blanket around his heat exchanger which eliminates any charring of the wood. :2c:

The myrtlezap thread is where I've lurking most. I have been following the evolution of Ricks vape and waiting on the final product to be ready, hope i don't have to wait much longer.

wildkfx,

weedemon

enthusiast
there is also underdog, purple days, woodeez, and the toasty top to consider. have fun choosing!

weedemon,
Top Bottom