1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Apix Design Glass

Discussion in 'Glass' started by skyline, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Amazing :haw:

[​IMG]

With no Splash Catcher or 2nd disk perc, the draw is seriously unrestricted. Just shoots vapor right down your gullet! Learned my problem isn't a bigger tube, but a highly restricted big tube. With this thing clearing instantly I am having no problems handling the beast.

edit: You might notice there's no APIX logo. I was surprised as I never brought it up nor did he. Either way I feel similarly to other FC Members where logo-less clear scientific glass is simply beautiful.

Might try to make a more professional in-action video this Thursday.

[​IMG]
  2. keepsake

keepsake Soul Searchin`

3. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

Basically the same perc as the Dirty Rico Apocoline.

Sweet rig!
    JoeKickass likes this.
  4. keepsake

keepsake Soul Searchin`

Here is a video of my Apix tube w/ the LSV.

5. skyline

skyline The Connoisseur

Looks like lately Dan has been making tons of stemlines/kingstems/gridded discs with all kinds of color work. Here's some stuff he recently posted to his site:

Kingstem to King Disk
    [​IMG]

Stemline
    [​IMG]

Plus here's some custom work he's been posting on instagram lately:

[​IMG]

Internal Recycler
    [​IMG]

7-arm Internal Recycler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. skyline

skyline The Connoisseur

These new pieces are pretty as hell... I'm so tempted to get that second one right now but I must resist... :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. joekar

joekar Well-Known Member

WOW....some beautiful designs..
  8. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

A new silver fumed stemline popped up recently. Still under $200
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Enchantre and JoeKickass like this.
  9. hookedonvape

hookedonvape Active Member

So pumped Danny d getting me my king stem to king disc. Mostly for my Vapexhale. Just put the finishing touches last night. Stardust blue and slime accents. Saw the cloud in the pics sd haze. Is that his normal joint or something bigger to hold the cloud? I'll post some pics when i get it. He emailed me so i dont think he got pics up. So nicely priced . Half. Of what we all woulda paid for some prodo piece put out. Support this art and especially. Dan
  10. hookedonvape

Will his normal joints be stressed too much with a 4mm joint. I didn't even think of asking his work looked so good.lol
  11. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Hmm, well on the apix website he says he's using "Uber 4mm joints". However, in the emails quoted to me he mentioned a 9mm uber joint he was using.

Maybe he switched what he was measuring, or maybe he prefers the 4mm. Either way, I'd go with what he suggests as its probably not a cost issue but more of a practical issue. I could also see how a thicker heavier joint might add a tinge more stress to the tube.

Note:
    If you're specifically using it for the VXC,
    (and this goes for almost all stemless tubes),
    keep in mind that if you start the perc, then pause, then start again... the pause will send some vapor through the cloud's bamboo via negative pressure. Do this every day for months and the cloud's inner tube will get a bit unclean. Hopefully this issue will be less important if the VXC 2.0 has a replaceable bamboo that the user can remove to clean.
  12. hookedonvape

Thanks haze, should br shipped out tomorrow, looking forward to some nice milk shots. All in all the experience dealing with Dan was a pleasure and id recommend people to support his sic work. Think he's gonna add a couple marbles for creative flare for me.lol. looking forward to the smoothest tube I've ever used. Didnt even think about the cloud any way to clean it now?
  13. itschad

itschad Well-Known Member

I got a piece from Dan a few months ago and absolutely love it! Gridded stemline to 2 discs with a mouth reduction and colored bridge/slide. I wanna say it was about $270 shipped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dan's a great guy and a pleasure to work with!
    ogcook likes this.
  14. hookedonvape

Shipped, final specs. King stem 65mm can to king disc 60mm. 15.5 inches, bore reduction to 32mm for mouthpiece, slime accented rim. Slime accents on bridge and bottom window, worked slime four pinch slide. Something crazy like 90 holes for gridded diffused smoothness:) can't wait to get some pics up.
  15. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

+1 on 32mm mouthpieces and up :rockon:
  16. Rrose Selavy

Rrose Selavy log enthusiast

those internal recyclers are sick :whoa:
    Tweek likes this.
  17. way2

way2 Well-Known Member

I've been looking at those too. IDK who made this vid....but I like it! :mmmm:

turdhole and CheeseSandwich like this.
  18. Rrose Selavy

Rrose Selavy log enthusiast

yea way that one is the one that caught my eye to.....love that color
  19. hookedonvape

So I got my king stem to king disc with slime and 32mm mouth. Any of you out there with experience with Dan's king ti kings let me know if when you hit it does the water seem to stay above the dis and create almost another chamber. Also some holea in my disc are larger, maybe giving more chug instead of a airy pull. Anyone have this on theirs? Seems the grids were cut nice but kinda percs between about 7 or 8 big holes, is it supposed to diffuse to all? I've been using my vxc and flowers. It's still an amazing piece and I wouldn't hesitate to make another purchase from him. Just wondering if all this was normal. On the disc moat holes are the same size about 4 larger and some I'm not sure if he was trying to fit seven on the disc, are much skinnier and smaller in design. I've seen pics of both, just wanted to know the general concensus was. Also he made a wicked 45 degree adapter for the cloud slime accents and all, good, good, dude. Want a bub from him but makes very little told him I'll pay good.lol. anyone good bubs for vxc, direct me to the glass link? Peace and have a meditative day
  20. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Still love my regular apix stemline :tup:
    My lungs have adapted to the volume pretty well.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  21. hookedonvape

my stem ti disc is treating me like a king. still love the cloud specs. i can do that with mine just worried about the joint so dan made me a slime adapter. stand up guy. with a tube this big im taking down elbs in two pulls.lol haze got a treehouse bub with6 ball circ 420 holes of diffusion, should keeo the vape cool. do you find yourself overwhelmed with a hit on that size tube sometimes?
  22. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Overwhelmed? Sometimes haha.
    Usually not.

Big dabs through it: that's what will make me cough a lung.
  23. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

Snappo, mlo4sho, Quetzalcoatl and 2 others like this.
  24. xer0

xer0 Well-Known Member

WOW...I'm loving those fumed pieces. :o
    JoeKickass likes this.
  25. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Dan's stemline makes for some cool-looking reclaim
    Reminds me of neurons branching off in the brain :freak:
    [​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors