1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried pure THC (98+%) ?

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by Cosmic Dude, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cosmic Dude

Cosmic Dude Member

I've tried to find someone who has described the HIGH from pure THC (aka "THC isolate") that has no other cannabis components. But none of the articles on the web talk about this in any coherent way.

Our state implemented mandatory testing of cannabis products sold on July 1st, so everything here has a THC percentage on it.

I've bought products that are 10-15% THC and products that are over 30% THC, and in the over 30% THC products, I could find nothing that was "more" or "increased" in the effects as compared to the 10-15% THC cannabis.

So, I thought that if I could try 99% pure THC, I might then know what was the "THC" part of the experience. :) But none of the nearby stores have it.

Any thoughts?

JCat likes this.
  2. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

It's pretty boring/shallow feeling by itself, especially with no terpenes or other minor cannabinoids to modulate the high.

RUDE BOY, Madri-Gal, C No Ego and 5 others like this.
  3. looney2nz

looney2nz Research Geek, Mad Scientist

sorry, screwed up the edit, too tired to fix it...

answers are in here.

Madri-Gal and scalescliffs like this.
  4. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

it just would keep activating the 5-HT receptor over and over without as much other receptor activation as gained from more compounds in the formula. FAAH too would be depleted more ETC.......

szai, looney2nz and invertedisdead like this.
  5. looney2nz

what got buried in my earlier post:

You're basically describing Marinol (except that it's synthesized), it is just PURE THC, nothing else.
    From accounts of patients who used it, it would get you high as a kite (and press folks anxiety buttons), but since it lacked the other compounds and any entourage effect, I would find it an empty and unpleasant experience.

when you say 'products', are we talking flower here? or edibles? concentrates?

it still boils down to the flower.
    if you've got a grow with a nice character to it, you want to maintain that as you make products from it...
    but most folks are in a mad dash, or only paying attention to THC.
    All the other cannabinoids, ESPECIALLY the terpenes come into play defining the qualities of the particular variety (sorry, not found of the 'viral' description of cannabis cultivars).

You could have a product with 15% THC, and a full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes, vs a product with 25% THC and NO other compounds. They will be VASTLY different experiences.

6. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

It's not perfect, and she keeps calling CBD "cannabinoid", but it shows the effects of THC vs THC + CBD
    Click to play YouTube Video

7. looney2nz

wow, a 10 year old piece of BBC propaganda during one of their more ridiculous phases :(

would love to see the study methodology :). Why did they not show CBD on it's own as well.

synthetic or natural sources? dosages? effects of bypassing the liver?

Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Madri-Gal likes this.
  8. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I’ve had 91% THC in the distillates oil carts. I live in a legal state where products are tested. I have some now in BlackBerry.

9. EverythingsHazy

I never said it was perfect, but it doesn't seem to be too negative or anti-cannabis.

The woman's reactions don't seem to "out there" if you consider the fact that THC can cause paranoia and worry, and that CBD seems to mitigate that.

10. looney2nz

Sorry, I felt, and still feel, that it did appear negative :(

Both cases seemed be showing her 'out of control'. Hence my followup questions.

Silver420Surfer likes this.
  11. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Remember many testing labs will give a variance of around 15%, + or - .

12. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

That was just f**king rediculous. I've dabbed 98% THC distillate on a dozen occasions, and it's the exact opposite of the way that nutty woman was acting. I used it when I wanted to get up and happily do things, not be depressed. lol

And would someone please explain to her that THC IS A CANNABANOID!!!

Madri-Gal and looney2nz like this.
  13. EverythingsHazy

Regardless of the video's truthfulness, I would imagine that taking pure THC through an IV would be pretty intense, especially for someone with no tolerance. If the experience went south, it could feel pretty terrible.

What do you guys think about this?
    Click to play YouTube Video

Mr. Gweilo 420 likes this.
  14. looney2nz

Personally, while I've tried various forms of isolates, for me nothing beats whole plant extracts.
    The entourage effect is kind of critical for me.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors