Anyone let their glass get dirty?

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Only case I've seen is Pappy on FuckCombustion mentioning this a number of times"

This brings up an interesting point that I was going to mentioned but couldn't quite word it correctly.

Mold requires 4 things to grow – available spores, organic food/nutrients (resin), appropriate temperatures and moisture. The ideal temp range is 68-86 degrees F, with around 78 degrees F (25 degrees C) being optimum for lab cultures.

I vape in room that doesn't get that hot and prefer to use water from the fridge. My water temperature rarely goes above 70 degrees.

Filtering it through murky water just doesn't make any sense. What drips around the gong joints is one thing but I couldn't imagine anyone trying to reclaim what grows within and above the water.

Once again, the water would not murky and is dumped out after every session. I've never tried reclaiming from glass cause it never appealed to me. Fuck me for asking, right?

From the reading I've done, nothing will start growing within 24 to 48 hours of adding water. If the bubbler is cooled or dried within that time, there will be no growth.

SD_haze

This brings up an interesting point that I was going to mentioned but couldn't quite word it correctly.

Mold requires 4 things to grow – available spores, organic food/nutrients (resin), appropriate temperatures and moisture. The ideal temp range is 68-86 degrees F, with around 78 degrees F (25 degrees C) being optimum for lab cultures.

I vape in room that doesn't get that hot and prefer to use water from the fridge. My water temperature rarely goes above 70 degrees.

Crazy good point!
My room gets to 78 regularly. Never lived in a house with A/C here in San Diego.
(and I've definitely had some mold issues throughout)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

Once again, the water would not murky and is dumped out after every session. I've never tried reclaiming from glass cause it never appealed to me. Fuck me for asking, right?

From the reading I've done, nothing will start growing within 24 to 48 hours of adding water. If the bubbler is cooled or dried within that time, there will be no growth.

Dude I meant no harm by my post. Don't mistake my comments as they would have sounded completely different if they came from my mouth. Makes much more sense to me that you dump your water every night. I get decent looking oil in pieces with lots of percs or my recycler. I've never been able to reclaim that successfully. I thought you were talking about the goobers that come floating in my water if I DON'T dump every night. I mean fuck, I am a pothead and lazy is a common word used by wife when describing me. :cool:

I am not one to fight if you prove me incorrect and that sir you have. I apologize.

jpdnkstr

No... well not really. Wait, what was the question again? J/K. All subjective, as stated above. A friend of mine lets his get real dirty, I prefer my glass clean!

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: mvapes

thesoloman

Crazy good point!
My room gets to 78 regularly. Never lived in a house with A/C here in San Diego.
(and I've definitely had some mold issues throughout)
No A/C in SD isn't that bad... try it in Temecula.. its a god awful desert here in the summer, tho this year hasn't been as hot.
Something I wanted to say was i think clean glass gives way better flavor, yesterday me and 3 friends all cleaned our solo stems and all our buds tasted so great afterwards! I do however have one friend who won't clean his.... :horse::puke::doh: <--- this is how i feel when i look at his stem

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I clean my solo stems like crazy bro, I find that for some reason the screen in there taste like ball sweat (not that I've tried it)if you don't clean them at least weekly. It may be because I use oil soaked weed in my solo but something get's it nasty quick. Or perhaps my solo has an STD....

donkeyshow2_zps36686acd.jpg

I should have never taken it with me........

Kief

Medicated
The more I read, the happier I am that I use RezBlock/NACE.
Just something to add... The organic particles that are getting by your screen are going to provide more/better food for mold to grow than the golden vapor goo. Reducing the occurrence of herb particles getting past your screen(s) should also help keep the mold down.
Maybe not mold, but what about bacteria?

OK, just a question... not trying to be negative at all. Are you looking cleaner reclaim? or are we just discussing this to see how lazy one could possibly be with cleaning?

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Are you looking cleaner reclaim? or are we just discussing this to see how lazy one could possibly be with cleaning?

Just wondering if it's possible for the sake of discussion. Just really vaped the other night and thought to myself, I wonder what a really dirty Vapor bong looks like, I've only seen dirty combustion pieces.

I use both NACE and RezBlock most of the time, but I like the clean look/taste of clear water every once in awhile. While using plain water there are certain spots on my bubbler that collect resin pretty quickly and if I don't immediately clean them off they require a solvent. It's not just a film but actually globs of golden resin, just after a few sessions.

Wouldn't reclaiming with ISO kill any bacteria that would be growing? Or the heat from evaporating the ISO.

Tweak,
Reactions: ou812?

z9

Kushmang post: 434998 said:
Am I the only one that likes to recycle for edibles? haha

I occasionally cook with my reclaim but I generally prefer to top bowls with it before bed. Gives me huge clouds in the vape, but more importantly it gives me that stoney high I desire before bed without going to crazy high temps on the vape.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
No A/C in SD isn't that bad... try it in Temecula.. its a god awful desert here in the summer, tho this year hasn't been as hot.
Something I wanted to say was i think clean glass gives way better flavor, yesterday me and 3 friends all cleaned our solo stems and all our buds tasted so great afterwards! I do however have one friend who won't clean his.... :horse::puke::doh: <--- this is how i feel when i look at his stem
Hey boss, I'm riiight under ya ;) what a lovely day eh?

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: mvapes

Kushmangoes

Glassblower
Glass Blower
I occasionally cook with my reclaim but I generally prefer to top bowls with it before bed. Gives me huge clouds in the vape, but more importantly it gives me that stoney high I desire before bed without going to crazy high temps on the vape.

I agree, perfect for right before bed vaping, but I also like to put it in some butter and throw it in my coffee in the morning. The caffeine mixed with thc gives me a pretty good morning high

thesoloman

@Quetzalcoatl It's an awesome day out today indeed! It was really foggy this morning, but cleared up nice. It's warm enough to evaporate the god's piss today, I think this will find it's place in the sun today
Iso_zpsda1c4a0e.jpg

thesoloman,

ou812?

For me its about 2x a day I dump the water in my daily driver, I run piping hot water and Dawn dish washing soap thru it,shake it up and continue to run the hot thru it, ,run it under cold water, shake it out and rinse with distilled and fill with it as well, a few drops of NACE and back on deck waiting for the next session.I don't think there's even a shot glass of water in it, small tiny earl rig w/a stemline. I am using such a small rig that if I didn't dump the reddish brown tomato soup from it, I think the 1.5 lungs I have left would suffer :ugh:tremendously. Gets foul, REAL quick:puke:..Great for every day vape w/solo though. Waiting on Jhan Pixel sidecar UFO shower head bubb :love:to take its place,...... Life is good when your vaping with some squeaky clean, sparkly glass .....No offense to re-claim community ,I'm there w/ABV and milk boil solo stems and kief catcher :peace:

ou812?,
Top Bottom