Any vapes in 2019 with all glass isolated air and vape path

C No Ego

Good, as I'm thinking of ordering one myself!

when you pach herb into the glass adapters and insert them into the stainless herb chamber the vapor pathway is all glass... the herb is in glass and the vapor travels upwards through all glass.....

What about the blue silicone gasket in the Fury 2, POTV One, Fury Edge, etc.? It's very close to the heating chamber, and I've read that silicone can give off lots of chemicals.

cacahahacaca,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What about the blue silicone gasket in the Fury 2, POTV One, Fury Edge, etc.? It's very close to the heating chamber, and I've read that silicone can give off lots of chemicals.

Properly cured high quality silicone, like what is used in the Fury, does not off gas at all. Some may be sensitive to the taste, which can also improve as it is cured and broken in, but Fury2/Edge silicone is some of the most neutral available. It also is further from the chamber than the silicone gasket that seals chamber against body of the vape (hard to see in pics) so if any would concern you it would be that one for that. The other one remains cool and kinda out of vaporpath as well since it just holds the screen. This other silicone above chamber is also out of path bc of how shape of the blue one connects, glass stems also get it out of path.

Properly cured high quality silicone, like what is used in the Fury, does not off gas at all. Some may be sensitive to the taste, which can also improve as it is cured and broken in, but Fury2/Edge silicone is some of the most neutral available. It also is further from the chamber than the silicone gasket that seals chamber against body of the vape (hard to see in pics) so if any would concern you it would be that one for that. The other one remains cool and kinda out of vaporpath as well since it just holds the screen. This other silicone above chamber is also out of path bc of how shape of the blue one connects, glass stems also get it out of path.

Thanks for your thoughtful response! I'm still a bit weary of it, though. Is it true that you can get rid of the blue silicone gasket by switching to a different mouthpiece / tube?

BTW, have you seen the Fenix Pro? It still has the blue silicone gasket, but maybe if you swap the tube...

See here for a full teardown (in German, though):

cacahahacaca,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Silicone leaches at room temperature. Stick a silicone spatula in a bowl of crushed tomatoes for 10-15 minutes and watch what happens. If you want to talk about what silicone does when heated, anyone with an Instant Pot will tell you the silicone gasket smells like whatever meal you last cooked in it. I went back to a cast iron pot...

One of many reasons why I'm building my own glass vaporizer with a true isolated air/vapor path.

Silicone leaches at room temperature. Stick a silicone spatula in a bowl of crushed tomatoes for 10-15 minutes and watch what happens. If you want to talk about what silicone does when heated, anyone with an Instant Pot will tell you the silicone gasket smells like whatever meal you last cooked in it.

One of many reasons why I'm building my own glass vaporizer with a true isolated air/vapor path.

:o

Is there any such pure vaporizer that does not cost a small fortune though? (€200+)

C No Ego

when the WPA is instered into the Fury chamber the glass seats all the way to the metal screen in bottom of chamber... the herb chamber is about 3/8 inch deep so the WPA is 3/8 inch away from the silicone... and as @Shit Snacks mentioned... even the other attachments do not directly touch silicone...

C No Ego,
when the WPA is instered into the Fury chamber the glass seats all the way to the metal screen in bottom of chamber... the herb chamber is about 3/8 inch deep so the WPA is 3/8 inch away from the silicone... and as @Shit Snacks mentioned... even the other attachments do not directly touch silicone...
OK, but the silicone has two sides, right? One is on top, where the stem goes in, so no contact with the air. But the other is below the screen, where the air gets heated up before passing through the screen and the herb above.

cacahahacaca,

Shit Snacks

OK, but the silicone has two sides, right? One is on top, where the stem goes in, so no contact with the air. But the other is below the screen, where the air gets heated up before passing through the screen and the herb above.

No? With glass stem inserted into bowl there is no silicone side in the airpath... With the accessory mouthpiece it could... Honestly if you are concerned or sensitive to silicone at all, this is probably not the vape for you... It is a great one, but still not quite as pure as others mentioned here

tom32

If you are willing to accept a ceramic heater in the air path and a cord then you might look at the ... Vape Xhale EVO.

The Vape XHale Cloud Evo air path is entirely isolated. There is a single glass tube that runs the length of the vaporizer. Intake and exit are both outside of the vaporizer itself. The heater wraps the glass tube. No air ever passes over any electronics, heater, or non-glass piece except for the metal herb basket.

tom32,

C No Ego

the air path leading into the herb chamber is a stainless steel isolated airpath with nothing but a heater in there. you can see the little holes on the bottom of unit... they start the air path tube that pulls in fresh air to heat and vape with... so with a glass insert the heated airpath is stainless steel to glass only, no other materials are there

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's nearly impossible to find a true isolated path on an electronic portable vaporizer. With the Fury 2 theres definitely a heating element with wiring, solder, and a PTFE or Silicone insulator in the oven. Plus the word is still out on these tiny little coil heaters, most of them have to glow/oxidize to get hot enough to create convection vapor.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/a...d-air-and-vape-path.41087/page-2#post-1387536

invertedisdead,
the air path leading into the herb chamber is a stainless steel isolated airpath with nothing but a heater in there. you can see the little holes on the bottom of unit... they start the air path tube that pulls in fresh air to heat and vape with... so with a glass insert the heated airpath is stainless steel to glass only, no other materials are there
But the part that seals the mouthpiece against the chamber is the underside of the blue silicone, isn't it?

See here:
silicone.png

So inevitably the silicone is directly in contact with the hot chamber and the air that leads up to the herbs through the metal screen.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

But the part that seals the mouthpiece against the chamber is the underside of the blue silicone, isn't it?

See here:
silicone.png

So inevitably the silicone is directly in contact with the hot chamber and the air that leads up to the herbs through the metal screen.

Once connected though it is not really exposed, the silicone is what is creating the seal and holding the screen. so like I said it's not really a problem but if you are sensitive to silicone this is just not the product for you regardless...

C No Ego

See here:
silicone.png

yes, that is close to the chamber but as I mentioned, insert a glass attachment and the glass seats all the way into the herb chamber 3/8 inch deep ETC...... so the herb is closed entirely in glass.
Fury Vape Glass attatchments https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Fury+Vape+Glass+attatchments&t=ffcm&atb=v165-1&ia=web

@cacahahacaca forgot to mention... the newer Fury edge has a different type of WPA... the Futy2 WPA is what I am talking about... the fury2 wpa fit the edge too... they just seat down into the chamber fully.. the newer edge WPA uses the silicone and does not seat into the chamber...
this is the one -
https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p24/FURY_2_Glass_WPA.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom