Any vapes in 2019 with all glass isolated air and vape path

Thanks again for all the additional info, everyone. My worries are mostly calmed for now.

So far I kinda like the fury 2, and vaping in general does seem like the way I'll do things from now on. One thing I don't like about the fury is there's a taste just from drawing from an empty chamber (heated or not), and from the taste it's clearly not just herb residue. It's like what you'd expect from a device made from metal that smells like an electronic device. Even though I don't get that distinct and unpleasant a taste while vaping, I can tell it's mixed in there pretty strongly, and getting in the way of a much more pleasant taste.

I'm only vaping at 320 degrees for now, because it does get a bit uncomfortable at higher temps, and I find the straw bubbler attachment kinda sucks. The bubbler just adds too much to the draw resistance and makes it a pain in the ass to use. I'm going to order the bent glass mouthpiece at some point, just to eliminate the silicone o-ring, and also give a bit longer for the vapor to cool. And when my finances pick up a bit, I want to continue my quest for the unadulterated vapor quality, and it does seem like pure glass vape path is the way to go. I couldn't tell you what glass smells or tastes like, unlike metal, and so I'll go with that if I don't want to taste or smell anything but my stuff.

You will find out what happens when you suck in hot ass vapor for long duration's for the first month or so.
What does happen? Do you mean it just makes the throat uncomfortable after a while?

Lastly, in case else anyone stumbles this thread, or anyone else just curious - I realize they're a company who is going to put things in the best light possible, but this was their response to my concerns about Chinese factory farts:
HealthyRips said:
We are the manufacturer with our own contracted Healthy Rips by Green Curative, Inc. division within the Vaplus manufacturing plant the that builds our vaporizers to our specifications. We have our own design team within Vaplus for the customization of our devices. Our design team has personally determined which specific materials will be used in the manufacturing process of the FURY 2. We have also chosen to allocate our capital to assure the highest quality build and the safest materials in the development and manufacturing of our Vaporizers. And yes, we do all of our own testing here within the United States to assure all of our devices are crafted to our specifications.

Health is one of our top priorities here at Healthy Rips. To put your mind at ease, there is nothing in the vapor path that can cause you any harm, as it is completely isolated from the electronics. The Isolated air path is a food-grade stainless steel tube that runs from the bottom of the vaporizer all the way up to the chamber, which is also made of stainless steel. The heating element is the only other component of the device within the air path, located below the chamber. All of our devices are RoHS Certified for your 100% health and safety. To read more about our dedication to health visit our Health and Safety page.

I also asked what the heating element was made of. I'll post the response back here.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Thanks again for all the additional info, everyone. My worries are mostly calmed for now.

So far I kinda like the fury 2, and vaping in general does seem like the way I'll do things from now on. One thing I don't like about the fury is there's a taste just from drawing from an empty chamber (heated or not), and from the taste it's clearly not just herb residue. It's like what you'd expect from a device made from metal that smells like an electronic device. Even though I don't get that distinct and unpleasant a taste while vaping, I can tell it's mixed in there pretty strongly, and getting in the way of a much more pleasant taste.

I'm only vaping at 320 degrees for now, because it does get a bit uncomfortable at higher temps, and I find the straw bubbler attachment kinda sucks. The bubbler just adds too much to the draw resistance and makes it a pain in the ass to use. I'm going to order the bent glass mouthpiece at some point, just to eliminate the silicone o-ring, and also give a bit longer for the vapor to cool. And when my finances pick up a bit, I want to continue my quest for the unadulterated vapor quality, and it does seem like pure glass vape path is the way to go. I couldn't tell you what glass smells or tastes like, unlike metal, and so I'll go with that if I don't want to taste or smell anything but my stuff.

What does happen? Do you mean it just makes the throat uncomfortable after a while?

Lastly, in case else anyone stumbles this thread, or anyone else just curious - I realize they're a company who is going to put things in the best light possible, but this was their response to my concerns about Chinese factory farts:

I also asked what the heating element was made of. I'll post the response back here.

here is the puffitup fury page... https://www.puffitup.com/category-s/255.htm
this one here looks great if you use it dry and no water- https://www.puffitup.com/Healthy-Rips-Fury-2-3D-Flow-Glass-Mouthpiece-p/qctq.fury2-3d_flo.htm
they have the bent stem too ...
I personally use the WPA and a bubbler or banger to vape through water.

LabPong

What I meant by the "what happens" part is that you will sort of know how you fair as far as others with what the hot air does to your experience. Some have a hard time...others do not....some get immune to it quick and others it takes longer to get used to only vaping all the time.

But as you gradually get used to it you will be able to turn up the temps some. Normally an average temp is about 360-380 for most users.....some lower some higher than that. And all temps are not the same from vape to vape....so 360 on one vape could be 345 or 370 on another.

As for what you taste with nothing in the vape......wouldn't you love to give that to the manufacture and ask them what that taste is....lol They can write all the words they want.....but the vape is what it is from your mouth....not your eyes! This is why gaining knowledge on vaping is so important to selecting a vape to use for extended periods. You will be able to learn a lot real quickly here....ask questions of all kinds...nothing is too dumb or off the wall.....well maybe some reply's to your questions..haaaa

And as C No Ego mentions.....try the wpa and use a water rig....it will be a much better experience for you.

Welcome to vaping!

thanks @LabPong , and yeah, it'd be nice to have my own private lab I could just ask to test everything for me.

here is the puffitup fury page... https://www.puffitup.com/category-s/255.htm
this one here looks great if you use it dry and no water- https://www.puffitup.com/Healthy-Rips-Fury-2-3D-Flow-Glass-Mouthpiece-p/qctq.fury2-3d_flo.htm
they have the bent stem too ...
I personally use the WPA and a bubbler or banger to vape through water.
Oh I didn't even think there might be aftermarket parts like that. I'll probably order one of those divoted straws then.

Are there cheap bubblers around that aren't gonna shatter into a thousand pieces for no reason, but are good enough to be worth using I could use with a wpa? I guess cheap is a relative term, but what's the minimum I can expect to pay for something like that. I probably will end up going with something more elaborate and expensive eventually now that I'm already feeling the limitations of not having it, but for the time being something that can let me introduce water into the equation without the crazy draw resistance of the bubbler straw from healthy rips? Something I can set down that won't roll off the table or fall over super easily.

Oh yeah. Speaking of noob questions. I don't have a grinder. I'm just breaking it up by hand to small pieces. How important is grinding and/or am I missing out on something or wasting alot this way?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are there cheap bubblers around that aren't gonna shatter into a thousand pieces for no reason, but are good enough to be worth using I could use with a wpa? I guess cheap is a relative term, but what's the minimum I can expect to pay for something like that. I probably will end up going with something more elaborate and expensive eventually now that I'm already feeling the limitations of not having it, but for the time being something that can let me introduce water into the equation without the crazy draw resistance of the bubbler straw from healthy rips? Something I can set down that won't roll off the table or fall over super easily.

Oh yeah. Speaking of noob questions. I don't have a grinder. I'm just breaking it up by hand to small pieces. How important is grinding and/or am I missing out on something or wasting alot this way?

You should be able to find a nice little bubbler for $30-40. I really doubt it's gonna shatter unless you drop it.

Grinding helps a lot with most vaporizers, it increases the surface area of your material to vaporizes more evenly and efficiently.

sickmanfraud

thanks @LabPong , and yeah, it'd be nice to have my own private lab I could just ask to test everything for me.

Oh I didn't even think there might be aftermarket parts like that. I'll probably order one of those divoted straws then.

I have never purchased from them, but there are a lot of FC'ers who are happy with glass from https://www.dhgate.com/store/sunshinesmokeshop

There are many other vendors of water pieces on DHGate, check the prices and shipping before purchase.

So they got back to me about the coil material which is in the vapor path and its nichrome. I might go back to combustion temporarily until I can afford a better vape. I understand combustion has its own health issues, but at least the effects of frequent marijuana inhalation have been studied and tested somewhat. (EDIT: found some nichrome inhalation research I pasted below)

Are any of these vapes like the e-nano or the vriptech truly isolated from everything but glass, including the heating coil? I'm not really sure how that'd work to be honest, but seems worth asking. (EDIT: emailed epicvape (e-nano) and vriptech people to see what they had to say as well)

Found some research on nichrome inhalation related to e-cigs:
that research said:
...Since it is an unstable form, it is highly unlikely that chromium VI is emitted to the EC aerosol. The most likely source of chromium in e-cigarettes is chromium-plated materials used in the atomizer structure and heating coils (both kanthal and nichrome contain chromium). The risk assessment analysis was performed by evaluating the chronic PDE levels from inhalational medications levels; EC daily exposure was found to be 30 times lower compared to PDE...

...A potential source of nickel in e-cigarettes is nichrome heating wire, as well as other parts of the atomizer which could be made from this material. Daily exposure from EC use (average of all products) was almost 5 times lower compared to the chronic inhalational PDE level. Six products did not emit any nickel to the aerosol, while for the rest the range of daily exposure was 1.6–9.4 times lower compared to PDE...
Basically it seems like it would be harmful if you were to use more than would be used in normal daily use, but yeah. I'd like to keep the foreign stuff entering my body to strictly the intentional stuff.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I understand the health concerns involved with some materials that could be in the air path. But it seems really counterproductive to go back to combustion because the vapor path doesn’t feel pure enough to you. At the very least if vaping isn’t pure enough, try tinctures or edibles instead of combustion.

Last edited:

C No Ego

So they got back to me about the coil material which is in the vapor path and its nichrome. I might go back to combustion temporarily until I can afford a better vape. I understand combustion has its own health issues, but at least the effects of frequent marijuana inhalation have been studied and tested somewhat. (EDIT: found some nichrome inhalation research I pasted below)

Are any of these vapes like the e-nano or the vriptech truly isolated from everything but glass, including the heating coil? I'm not really sure how that'd work to be honest, but seems worth asking. (EDIT: emailed epicvape (e-nano) and vriptech people to see what they had to say as well)

Basically it seems like it would be harmful if you were to use more than would be used in normal daily use, but yeah. I'd like to keep the foreign stuff entering my body to strictly the intentional stuff.
you will breathe in worse stuff in a city in a few seconds... people live in them all day all night breathing in all that time.
here is the bubbler I use- https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-feb-newest-glass-bong-9-quot-inches/247499767.html
it is out of stock but that is the type that works with smaller vapes
this one looks like it could do it too https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/skull-honeycomb-glass-percolator-ash-catcher/195844542.html

Thanks for the info @C No Ego

But it seems really counterproductive to go back to combustion because the vapor path doesn’t feel pure enough to you.
Yeah I tried combustion just one time after I posted that. Even after vaping this short of a time, combustion feels really gross and unhealthy.

Isn’t the chromium risk primarily in e-cig coils and other heaters that glow?

Some like the Nomad (and I hope the Fury 2?) can give us the air temps we need with lower metal temps and I think much less risk. It would be nice to have these things lab tested though...
I'm not sure, I was trying to research the risk, and there's something called Chromium Hexavalent that's mentioned separately from melting temps. I haven't had a chance to research it further yet, but I'm not sure if it's dependent on temperature, or something that happens during manufacturing or what.

Tranquility

I'm not sure, I was trying to research the risk, and there's something called Chromium Hexavalent that's mentioned separately from melting temps. I haven't had a chance to research it further yet, but I'm not sure if it's dependent on temperature, or something that happens during manufacturing or what.

"They're called boobs, Ed."
--Erin Brockovich
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/77bc3352-7546-4465-8004-199b7c481d03

In the movie, Erin Brockovich, the spunky gal with the boobs (Julia Roberts) was out to get the nasty polluters. Polluting with hexavalent chromium--which really, really, really seems to cause cancer.

Of course, they were eating, drinking and playing in it to get the cancer loci. Most who worry about it today seem to focus on welders and others who use extreme, metal melting, temperatures.

On a side risk, don't worry about the biofilms that collect on the all glass boro-path, I'm sure it's safe.

Tranquility

That's sarcasm, right?
Yes and no.

Yes, the fact you shouldn't worry about it is not well supported in the literature. No, the fact you shouldn't worry about it is because there are all KINDS of risks in EVERYTHING we do. Vaping is not (from a safety perspective) about eliminating risk, but about mitigating the risk. Balancing the risk to the reward/cost is the main decision a person must make.

I think the risk to heating the biofilm and breathing in of the vapor is more of a risk than any potential offgassing from nicrome wire being heated. And, unless you use a fresh stem every time, you cannot realistically prevent the biofilm.

I previously mentioned my risk tolerance as a lad.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...-about-yourself-here.205/page-69#post-1031734
There was no internet to swap information. There were friends who swapped stories (There is no greater expert to a person who has smoked once than the person who has smoked twice.) and The Anarchist Cookbook, that the dankless brought to mom's kitchen to follow the instructions on how to get high off of banana peels. I love the care so many here take to be safe—including on what is put in one's body. In the day, I've smoked stuff with rat droppings in it in a “pipe” make of tinfoil wrapped around a pencil to make a tube that you remove and bend. That could not have been good.

Tranquility,

Vaporhead99

The nano heating element is isolated from everything else and the glass just sits on top of the element when you want to use it so yeah it would suit your needs however I do have a nano and it's the least used Vape in my collection, it's a micro dosers dream and I'm not that.

I'm also looking for a new vape now, my air is knackered so I think I'll get a solo 2 this week to go in to rotation with my EQ and Pax...

stinkytofus

Hello everyone. I'm new here, hope I posted this in the right place. I tried the search function, but I couldn't find anything recent on the topic.

I was hoping to find a vaporizer that has no compromises as far as materials go, and isolating the vapor path from electronics. Convection is preferred, but not mandatory. Portable is preferred but not mandatory. Also, that means portable as in I can walk outside with it. I plan to do this in my home/yard. It's not important that I'm able to go to the store and hide it in my pocket.

Every time I think I found the best option I find a thread or review that contradicts it. Either air from a plastic chamber seeps in, the air passes through electronics, the model is discontinued, etc, etc.

I just want something uncompromising where I don't have to get paranoid because I finished my bowl and realize how plastic or metallic the air tastes.

Something easy to clean would be preferable, but beggars can't be choosers. I would also prefer under $300, but I'm more flexible with the price than I am with the health concerns. Thanks!
Cloudevo is probably cleanest ive vaped

Top Bottom