Any reason to buy ball vape after butane desktop vape?

Durbandream

You can see my poor editing skills in the last post, it should be "must" not "is must" because I was being speculative since I don't own one. But, the 360 and the 18mm QC both hold about 1g of weed, both are glass tubes, both are surrounded by a heater and both are conduction leaning hybrids at max potency. I heat soak my QC, with a 2 heating technique, so lots of conduction. The 360 recommends a 30s heat soak for 1 hits, so it also basically functions like the QC.

This is me one shoting a lot of weed with a well heated QC.

That is impressive. I can barely use half that much at a time and I get blasted off with the QC, your tolerance is savage

Durbandream,

hoptimum

ball vapes have some neat perks. smoother hits, even heating, and great flavor! plus, they're super portable for on-the-go use. for me, each vape has its unique charm, so it's all about personal preference:)
which portable ball vape are you using?

hoptimum

I don't think that bot understands when people reply to it since it never replies to them. But maybe they are working on that feature.
I didn't realize it was a bot.

I've never seen a portable ball vape, unless it's torch powered, like the DC Elev8r. Though that might be a little awkward to use in an on the go setting. Not to mention wicked hot.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've never seen a portable ball vape, unless it's torch powered, like the DC Elev8r. Though that might be a little awkward to use in an on the go setting. Not to mention wicked hot.
Yeah. I think the only portable ball vapes are the ones inspired by Phattpiggie's TA. Unless you count the ones that use boro balls to even out the heat, but not as a heat source.

Grass Yes,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Yeah. I think the only portable ball vapes are the ones inspired by Phattpiggie's TA. Unless you count the ones that use boro balls to even out the heat, but not as a heat source.
Not disagreeing in any way. However I think sometimes we have to redefine ’portable’ vs ‘pocketable’

like can I move a dab ready outside and use a battery on my patio

or are you trying to go to a festival ….or camping…or use in the bathroom at work.

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Not disagreeing in any way. However I think sometimes we have to redefine ’portable’ vs ‘pocketable’

like can I move a dab ready outside and use a battery on my patio

or are you trying to go to a festival ….or camping…or use in the bathroom at work.
Yeah. Totally. I thought about mentioning my Zenith or Halo because you can run it off a mod, but you will also need to pack a glass piece, etc.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Can you use it as a microdoser? Yeah and I guess you can use a shoe to pound in a nail too.
Using a baller head for microdosing with it set at high heat and no heat soak, each microdose hit is like a really big toke off a fat pure weed joint. I keep a little grinder dish with enough for a fat joints worth of session next to the rig to reload from when i finish the bowl.
I even use (very) old kingsize slims as a dosing device for a session sometimes.
Also use them to snug up slightly loose glass joints on cheap glassware(most of my glassware). Massively improves performance and taste, having no air leaks.
Rack up 0.05g(ish) in the bowl,set the screen high close to the injector joint. No heat soak.
Hit it hard. Reload. Repeat. Repeat. Repete .retep. Tereap. Breepbreep. reReReRe!?!

Generaly I prefere a Hammer to a shoe .;)

Curious Gorilla,
Reactions: TedJones

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Using a baller head for microdosing with it set at high heat and no heat soak, each microdose hit is like a really big toke off a fat pure weed joint. I keep a little grinder dish with enough for a fat joints worth of session next to the rig to reload from when i finish the bowl.
I even use (very) old kingsize slims as a dosing device for a session sometimes.
Also use them to snug up slightly loose glass joints on cheap glassware(most of my glassware). Massively improves performance and taste, having no air leaks.
Rack up 0.05g(ish) in the bowl,set the screen high close to the injector joint. No heat soak.
Hit it hard. Reload. Repeat. Repeat. Repete .retep. Tereap. Breepbreep. reReReRe!?!

Generaly I prefere a Hammer to a shoe .;)
Still won’t fit in your pocket.

Durbandream

I actually have a 4'5" piece that could easily fit into a purse or large coat pocket along with a glass vape. But then you have to worry about the torch. I do bring that piece and my Air Max with me all the time though and it's a heavy hitter for being so portable.

Durbandream,

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
It can fit in my pocket but i would never have children again(The missus would be happy any rate).......... and you cant walk very far untill the P.I.D. falls off the table.
Is that burning Sausage I smell......?

I have seen a 12 volt PID and coil before, about a year ago. With an efficient naked coil baller head, and maybe a nice 12v (lithium ion?) battery bank, or a car.

Last edited:
Top Bottom