Any Laker Fans in here?

lwien

stonemonkey55 said:
One thing I don't like, the new Kobe Scowl? What is that? Did he just start doing that in the playoffs or did I miss something?
Yeah, that jutting out of his lower jaw. He's also a LOT more verbal with his team mates. Seems to do more coaching on the floor than the coach. I think it's just all part of him being the leader and motivator of the team and the scowl just being part of that arsenal.

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
dude, i was practicing the face, permanent underbite for me today...LOL

I do like how he is more of a leader now, that was one of my main beefs with Kobe. Felt he was a bit of a "me" type of guy instead of a "team" type of guy. Just wish he made this transformation earlier

stonemonkey55,

lwien

stonemonkey55 said:
dude, i was practicing the face, permanent underbite for me today...LOL

I do like how he is more of a leader now, that was one of my main beefs with Kobe. Felt he was a bit of a "me" type of guy instead of a "team" type of guy. Just wish he made this transformation earlier
Yup. Totally agree. He just needed a bit of time to grow up from just being a cocky kid.

I remember the days when he'd just hog the ball while his team mates were standing around going........WTF ??

Now, he involves them and challenges them to do better. He's totally active in the game, even when he's on the bench.

So whaday think after his playing days are over? Do ya think he'll go for commentator or coach, or neither, and just kick back on the golf course like Jordan? My opinion? From everything I've heard from him, I think he loves the game too much to ever leave it and it looks like coaching could come just as naturally to him as playing, and then we'll see that scowl from the sidelines when he's in a suit, and just smile. :)

lwien,

owin

Is it just me or does Phil Jackson look like he is ready to retire? Even some of the things he was saying sounds like he's just going through the motions trying to get his 10th ring. Maybe that's why Kobe has stepped up and was making plays instead of Phil Jackson. Kinda sad if that's the case because I love Phil Jackson.

owin,

lwien

owin said:
Is it just me or does Phil Jackson look like he is ready to retire? Even some of the things he was saying sounds like he's just going through the motions trying to get his 10th ring. Maybe that's why Kobe has stepped up and was making plays instead of Phil Jackson. Kinda sad if that's the case because I love Phil Jackson.
A lot of coaching goes on behind the scenes. I don't think he's ever really been an animated, vocal coach. It just doesn't fit his Zen like approach to the game and I think he realizes that Kobe has really taken on the role as leader and that the team looks to him for guidance, and like any good coach who won't let his ego get in the way, Jackson is just letting Kobe do his thing, as long as it's workin'. And Jackson's lack of ego in allowing that to happen could be a reason to respect him even more.

But yeah, if he gets his tenth ring, he'll be out of fingers and thumbs.....;)

lwien,

Choism

owin said:
That's Phil, Zen master has not changed. He's always been a laid back coach. I'm sure he still medicates himself daily. Kareem is an activist who holds a med mj card as well.

Choism,

owin

Choism said:
owin said:
That's Phil, Zen master has not changed. He's always been a laid back coach. I'm sure he still medicates himself daily. Kareem is an activist who holds a med mj card as well.
Yes you can tell Phil was medicated. He had a huge grin on his face the whole game. I've always loved him. Grew up watching the Bulls.

owin,

j-rellz

supercali-frajilistic-expiala-doscious
lwien said:
Yup. Totally agree. He just needed a bit of time to grow up from just being a cocky kid.

I remember the days when he'd just hog the ball while his team mates were standing around going........WTF ??

Now, he involves them and challenges them to do better. He's totally active in the game, even when he's on the bench.

So whaday think after his playing days are over? Do ya think he'll go for commentator or coach, or neither, and just kick back on the golf course like Jordan? My opinion? From everything I've heard from him, I think he loves the game too much to ever leave it and it looks like coaching could come just as naturally to him as playing, and then we'll see that scowl from the sidelines when he's in a suit, and just smile. :)
i see kobe being more of a commentator fresh out of retirement and maybe somewhere down the line doing some some coaching

j-rellz,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
its a known fact that Coach Jackson "medicates?"

can i play for him?! asides from being short and too old and no handles?

stonemonkey55,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I noticed the Kobe scowl in the last couple of games, but I think it's just the way that Kobe has decided to avoid technical fouls this year :lol:

I'd much rather him yell at his teammates than the refs, at least something good might come out of it. Not to mention a lot of games it looks like the Lakers starters need to be yelled at to get moving hehe :whip:

Durden,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dwight Howard's FT shooting killed any possibility for an interesting series...surprised Kobe missed as much as he did down the stretch but D.Fish came thru....as always

stonemonkey55,

owin

stonemonkey55 said:
Dwight Howard's FT shooting killed any possibility for an interesting series...surprised Kobe missed as much as he did down the stretch but D.Fish came thru....as always
Yeah and Turkoglu missed 3 out of 4 at the end of the 4th quarter. Was sad to see them lose. LA is the better team. Oh well at least the Magic got me interested in the NBA again.

owin,

lwien

Lakers by 11 right now. The Magic is gonna have to step it up and start hittin those 3's if the Lakers are gonna win on their home court.

lwien,
Top Bottom