Any Downsides to the Vapcap? Anything you would change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy10

I'm probably a fan boy now, stopped using fc for a good while with my OG... Broke em needed a VonG got back on fc and now I pretty much do nothing on here other than sing its praises. The next vape I get will be a supreme, other than that I think I'll get a good bit of time VAS free until technology progresses more, as far as butane goes I think the vapcap does anything I could ever want done. YMMV

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
If it were up to me I'd change the mailing envelopes dynavap uses. Totally get the shiny colored packaging from a branding/marketing perspective, but IMO they're not at all discreet. I thought I'd read somewhere on the site that they can ship in a plain envelope if it's requested, but I'm having a hard time finding it now.

I get this and have wondered about PO and others' perception about the shiny green or purple envelope while gleefully carrying mine from mailbox to kitchen counter.

There should be a plain envelope option available to any who want it, though something like this is sure to slow down shipping for all - especially during sales. IME and from reports here, shipping seems like it was stellar (as in how the Hell did they do all that?!?) with so many orders for 420 sale. Hope all always get their VCs as soon as they can, but honestly, selfishly, I don't want to see my orders slow down at all. Let's be honest... as quick as shipping is we all want it to work like a Star Trek replicator. Order, wait while it materializes, and load it up within a minute of deciding which VC/configuration you want.

IMO? I love the shiny envelopes and find ways to reuse them for other stuff. I also love the glimmer that jumps out of my mailbox when I open the door and sunlight hits them. With my big rural mailbox, the reflection casts all over the inside with a purple or green hue. Almost like when Wizard of Oz goes to color and it takes your breath a little. For me it's a prelude to the joyful buzz that follows soon after. While I get many packages and envelopes of varying colors and shiny-ness, nothing but the VC envelopes do this. Sorry about another movie reference in same post, but it also hits me like when John Belushi has his moment of epiphany in the Blue Brothers. I can almost hear James Brown shouting, "Can you see the light?" somewhere in the breeze.;)

I guess this is another of my fanboy tendencies? And on that @CuckFumbustion , my point in earlier post (and here) is that the term and its usage varies widely. Maybe better to say "Fanboyism CAN BE a paradigm in that one deceives oneself....), not that it IS. Whatever. Semantics will be semantics.

Not sure what you mean about a place to carry spare parts - and not sure why one would need to. One of the greatest things about the VC (if not THE greatest thing) is the small form factor. To me it doesn't seem possible to fit anything else. I have a nice repurposed cardboard box that is perfect to keep my VCs and all accessories in. And, don't really need anything not included when out and about. There was a tip for ABV dump posted in main thread by @WakeAndVape (I think it was him) that showed how to dump your load into the cap. Basically, pull the cap, put digger in edge, flip over, clear tip and let material fall into cap. From there you can easily dump, suck it back up into the tip for a quick "stir", or dump to palm of your hand (or wherever) to crush or mix before pulling it back into tip. One of my favorite recent tricks and works great IME!!

So yeah... I'm still posting few downsides and replying to many brought up here. A fanboy for sure! Hopefully still the "good" kind instead of the deceptively blind kind. Not that it really matters in the big picture of things (I think George & Co will continue to grow in leaps and bounds either way), but kind of feel that it's good to have responses here to give the full picture to anyone looking.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Not sure what you mean about a place to carry spare parts - and not sure why one would need to
Not sure how often the rings give up unexpectedly. I have thought about slipping an extra condenser ring and screen in my 'M'. There can be a redundancy type setup with the rings. Just roll/move the next ring/screen in position. :D The Ti tip has extra grooves, so you could have two in place. Just have extra grooves for those backup rings and position them where they would experience the least stress. Relying on those gaskets less is something I would like to change.

Basically, pull the cap, put digger in edge, flip over, clear tip and let material fall into cap.
I have used the digger function and one video reviewer had a good demo of it. However, If I'm say enjoying the outdoors using my cap and and a gust of wind kicks up. :o Well I'm not saying it' out loud it's too horrible to repeat.

The smaller bowl is probably very efficient but the trade off is the room to stir in. Perhaps I need to pack less. :hmm: I think you could have the cap clickable but able to have say a hole or ridge that the clip is 'lanyarded' to. I'm also thinking about how a bolt rifle opens and closes as another example of an open and close system that doesn't require a separate small piece to be removed. But still keep that integrity of the spark plug design. :haw:

Oh I did come up with a cap puller system. BTW. :peace:

CuckFumbustion,

DirtyD

Loving the M. Had to mod just a bit, but amazing for a quick 2 3 roasty toasty hits. Only weak point i see already is high temp orings wearing out with beginner use or long term wear and tear... Maybe include ,2 or 3 with ea order but what about a threaded tip or less o ring action in general( where tip joins) . hopefully it just keeps evolving like it has.. Impressed. Drinking vapkoolaid....cheers, D

grokit

well-worn member
Careful with the digger if you have your tip set to the smaller bowl sizes. I have my ti woody xls set the smallest one, and the digger can dislodge the ccd. It only resulted in some plant matter in my mouth, but I can see it resulting in a 'disappeared' ccd when out and about--which could be a minor disaster.

:sherlock:

zor

I was going to edit my post but instead I'll just add my thoughts here.

After watching the most recent Dynavap vid on heating the cap in different areas to get different temps, well, hooooo baby I found my one hitter spot. A great sweet spot near the end of the cap furthest up the stem. Held a few different lighters there, some 2-4 seconds after the click, and poooooof, thick clouds (I swore I was combusting at first). Completely spent ABV. Woah.

vaporist4LIFE

Total fan boy . In the best way haha. Never had any issues .imo it's a desktop in a very portable form .I get massive clouds off mine ! Messaged @Pipes about the induction heater that will take it to new heights . @biohacker I know you like using glass with vapes the vapcap is a beast with glass. I think some people are turned off by the OG glassy experience which is different from the woodys and up.

biohacker

Thanks @vaporist4LIFE, i've lost interest in this thread a while ago, but since you tagged me i'm back. I just don't think this vape is the right one for me for several reasons, but that isn't the purpose of this thread. I'm actually taken back by the momentum this thread has gained! Enjoy it!

vaporist4LIFE

Thanks @vaporist4LIFE, i've lost interest in this thread a while ago, but since you tagged me i'm back. I just don't think this vape is the right one for me for several reasons, but that isn't the purpose of this thread. I'm actually taken back by the momentum this thread has gained! Enjoy it!
What are your reasons ?

vaporist4LIFE,

biohacker

Prefer not to get into all of them, and start an uprising again! :lol: It's just not for me, really no torch/lighter vapes are save for the Supreme v3 which I consider to be like the second coming of christ or something. I'm very health oriented, and the supreme provides the healthiest quality vapour from unground material I have ever experienced, with digital temperature precision. The vapour is so sublime that it's the only way my girl will vape....zero irritation, even at moderate temps. I'm simply not interested in a "learning curve" or potential combustion, or draw restriction, or vapour/smoke hybrids.... i've already gone too far, lol but basically the reasons are the same as those already mentioned in this thread! ;) It's just not for me that's all! Maybe for a doomsday scenario or out in the backcountry on a canoe trip, but even then i'd just much rather bring my supreme with me as well as a battery portable with solar charger. Different stroke for different folks, but after a decade of vaping exclusively, and around 100 vapes (many multiples of the same ones included in that figure), i'm a self confessed vapour snob, and just don't see the VC fitting my tastes whatsoever, especially since i've tried them, and have a good friend who feels the same.

florduh

Prefer not to get into all of them, and start an uprising again! :lol: It's just not for me, really no torch/lighter vapes are save for the Supreme v3 which I consider to be like the second coming of christ or something. I'm very health oriented, and the supreme provides the healthiest quality vapour from unground material I have ever experienced, with digital temperature precision. The vapour is so sublime that it's the only way my girl will vape....zero irritation, even at moderate temps. I'm simply not interested in a "learning curve" or potential combustion, or draw restriction, or vapour/smoke hybrids.... i've already gone too far, lol but basically the reasons are the same as those already mentioned in this thread! ;) It's just not for me that's all! Maybe for a doomsday scenario or out in the backcountry on a canoe trip, but even then i'd just much rather bring my supreme with me as well as a battery portable with solar charger. Different stroke for different folks, but after a decade of vaping exclusively, and around 100 vapes (many multiples of the same ones included in that figure), i'm a self confessed vapour snob, and just don't see the VC fitting my tastes whatsoever, especially since i've tried them, and have a good friend who feels the same.

@biohacker If it's not for you, it's not for you. I was a big skeptic but I found it to be the best tasting portable I've used. Cool, quality vapor. And super easy to use. That having been said... it's not for everybody.

Two things if someone stumbles upon this thread:

It need not have a tight draw restriction. I have a non-Omni TI and by covering 80% of the air intake hole with the O-ring, I get an airy draw with nice clouds. Can you fog a room by completely covering it? Sure. But I see no reason to do that. The Omni series makes this even easier but I'm satisfied with my model.

Also, the "smoke/vapor" combination is a theory. Not a fact. Even when I try to get to every last bit out of the bud, it comes out an even brown. Same as my convection vapes. There's no evidence of combustion. Can you use push a VapCap so far that partial combustion occurs? Sure. Same as any other vaporizer.

CalyxSmokr

I think it is the chance of combustion plus every once in awhile when I heat it just right - I get crazy thick vapor that makes me think I have combusted. Then I am surprised it is only even brown. I don't think those hits have great taste but not combusted.

CalyxSmokr

If you combust you are using the vap cap wrong, you simply missed the click. Also, if you combust you know it because smoke tastes like shit. It is completely different than vapor. So different in fact there is never a question between the two. Of course later hits will taste different than early hits. Every vape is like that.
I'm just describing my experience. :2c:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
really no torch/lighter vapes are save for the Supreme v3 which I consider to be like the second coming of christ or something. I'm very health oriented, and the supreme provides the healthiest quality vapour from unground material I have ever experienced.

Nice exemple of fanboyism (reading from your signature)

I am very skeptical about your bold statement on S3 producing the healthiest vapour, what about all the aluminium dust present in the airpath of the supreme (created by friction of aluminium stem)? There is a lot of talk about this in its thread, and it is more easy to inhale this dust if you use unground like you do. I personally believe this is not very safe/healthy and prefere avoid anything like that, but that is just me

That being said I agree 100% convection tastes good / better but that doesn't mean healthier at all.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think the actual overheat of the unit with the lighter and a draw could cause combustion more quickly. If you just heat up the unit with no draw combusting isn't as apt to happen IMO. Of corse your bud will combust with prolonged heating. Partial combustion is combustion. When I didn't hear the click I heated too long and combustion happened when I took a draw.

We get charring with many vaporizers, so I don't include charring the edge as combustion.

This unit adds to the variety of the different vaporizers that are offered in the marketplace. This gives the vaporizing community a broad range of different units to choose from. It may not be for everyone but fits the needs of many. Things can only get better from here.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: C No Ego

biohacker

Nice exemple of fanboyism (reading from your signature)

WTF? :doh: I just stated my experience and preferences. Your perception is completely off. I suggest you re-read my signature.

I am very skeptical about your bold statement on S3 producing the healthiest vapour, what about all the aluminium dust present in the airpath of the supreme (created by friction of aluminium stem)? There is a lot of talk about this in its thread, and it is more easy to inhale this dust if you use unground like you do. I personally believe this is not very safe/healthy and prefere avoid anything like that, but that is just me

Again, all explained in the relevant thread, your perception is wrong. There is no aluminum dust present in the airpath whatsoever. Furthermore, there is no dust period when using a glass stem. You're not inhaling any dust, so please go back and re-read that info in the thread so you don't spread anymore misinformation.

That being said I agree 100% convection tastes good / better but that doesn't mean healthier at all.

Not sure what your point is here, but the Supreme is not 100% convection, although it can be used that way with a mod. I think anything that approaches the fine line of combustion or "partial combustion" or even higher temp vaping isn't as healthy as sub 200c temp vaping IMO.

Partial combustion is combustion.

We get charring with many vaporizers, so I don't include charring the edge as combustion.

Is charring not partial combustion? :shrug:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
WTF? :doh: I just stated my experience and preferences. Your perception is completely off. I suggest you re-read my signature.

Again, all explained in the relevant thread, your perception is wrong.

Is charring not partial combustion? :shrug:

Urmmm, did you not just compare a vape to the second coming of Christ? Yea, hard to see how someone could perceive that as fanboy/homerism.
You then defended that vape, more homerism. Then acuse someone of giving out misinformation. :doh: Pot meet kettle. Your pretty much trying to say "Your not even vaping, Bro!" to vapcap users with your theory.
We get that you and your good friend aren't down with the vapcap, that's cool, different strokes for different folks, as you say.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Thanks for explaining that again Lazylathe, best for whoever is interested to just search out that post because you detailed it so well. I still see aluminum filings though, so there is more to it than just the black dust IME on both of my supremes. I just cleaned mine again today and blew through the top and definitely noticed some more filings. I'm not worried about it, but prefer to stick to the glass tube for this reason.

@biohacker you are already displaying denial.. this is a post from you in Supreme thread.

I do not want to see anger though

Andreaerdna out

Last edited:

Alexis

I will say that it is indeed a valid consideration that the nature of the vapcap vapor does have a tendency to be slightly less healthy than some other vaporizers.
I believe this is the case moreso when heating the vapcap with a torch lighter.
The vapcap extracts very evenly from the bowl. However, the process is not a tightly controlled one, and some parts of herb receive significantly higher heat than others.

Personally, I prefer the larger hits from the vapcap. But this is much more aggravating to my sensitive respiratory system, and really bothers my throat.
It can also be tedious torching in a way to keep temps lower. It prolongs extraction, and the hits can be a little unsatisfactory. It is much tastier and smoother and less irritating.

So I find this a difficult line to draw. I am a special case due to severe allergies and respiratory symptoms, so my experiences are unique to me. But I have a very good nose/divining rod for what is unhealthy, being so ultra sensitive.

I also use my XL Herborizer. I find that my allergy symptoms are best managed by not sticking to one vape. I use both, and it is like they are irritating on different ways.

The high temp vapcap vapor, I certainly feel that this is not the healthiest vapor available. It is the trade off for huge, easy, satisfying on demand hits. The vapcaps are a big attraction to current and recent ex smokers. So their assessment of the vapor quality/healthiness will be different to many true long term vaporists.
Dont get me wrong, I am a big fan of vapcap. But I also recognise the potential unhealthy and irritating nature of the high heat vapor.

There will certainly be many compounds in it that are not harmless. So I really do understand where @biohacker is coming from on this. He isnt trying to slam the vapcap, and I respect his own reasons for not feeling it is for him personally. I actually agree with that, from knowing him a little and his history and preferences for vaping.

All this said, I received my jarhead induction heater from Pipes this week. Unfortunately it was damaged in transit. It works, just needs glueing together. So I only had a little try.

But I was AMAZED at how much healthier and better tasting the vapor was. It tasted like a "true" vaporizer. Much more convection. And the high was a lot lighter, cleaner, more energetic. My chest was much more comfortable as well.
This showed clearly that the torch heating is casing the vapor to contain more harmful compounds. There is no question to me that the vapcap vapor does have unhealthy elements and some harmful compounds, dependant on your heating technique of course.
So as this subject has hit the headlines, and with the spotlight on being honest with and not deceiving ourselves, I feel this point should be more widely acknowledged.

However, I did notice one issue with my 2 loads with the jarhead. The load cooked very unevenly. Only the top of the cap is heated. My loads were very dark brown on top, and light brown/green underneath.

Others have reported even extraction and abv with their jarhead. So I will need to do more testing once my glue arrives.

biohacker

Urmmm, did you not just compare a vape to the second coming of Christ? Yea, hard to see how someone could perceive that as fanboy/homerism.

It's just not for me, really no torch/lighter vapes are save for the Supreme v3 which I consider to be like the second coming of christ or something.

What is so difficult to understand? How is that statement fanboyism? Did you read the definition? That's my opinion, that I am forcing on NOBODY.

Then acuse someone of giving out misinformation. :doh:

Yes, metal filings in the airpath of the Supreme is misinformation. Feel free to visit the Supreme thread and READ.

Your pretty much trying to say "Your not even vaping, Bro!" to vapcap users with your theory.

I am? :shrug: Pretty much eh?

We get that you and your good friend aren't down with the vapcap, that's cool, different strokes for different folks, as you say.

Thank you, now please can you all just leave me alone with your attacks? All because I stated the reasons why a vape isn't for ME? :bang:

you are already displaying denial.. this is a post from you in Supreme thread.

You're really digging eh? So because I noticed a small amount of grey dust around the silicone opening from an aluminum tube that needed filing, i'm in denial? Did I say it was in the airpath? Please, stop trolling.

You may also find this thread of interest, if you're concerned about glass dust as much as aluminum dust :lol:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-on-glass-unhealthy.1882/

I do not want to see anger though

The only anger I have is with trolls. You really are looking for a reaction eh? See statement above.

See you in the Supreme thread, it's been the complete opposite of the VapCap thread....you can hear crickets chirping there, but please check your attitude before admission.

I completely regret starting this thread, I knew it was only a matter of time.

Last edited:
biohacker,

florduh

There is no question to me that the vapcap vapor does have unhealthy elements and some harmful compounds, dependant on your heating technique of course.

@Alexis i will go ahead and question it. If you don't like the VapCap vapor profile, that's fine. But claiming, when used as directed, that it is unhealthy is simply your opinion. Not a fact. In my opinion, it offers the smoothest vapor of any portable I've tried. Now it may be unhealthy in some way. But there's no evidence of that yet.

I think the issue people are having with the statements made by @biohacker and yourself is that you aren't simply saying the vapcap's aren't for you. You're also stating they are unhealthy as if that's a fact. It's not. It's your opinion. Others disagree.

Are there any other threads dedicated to the downsides of a particular vaporizer?

Alexis

@Alexis i will go ahead and question it. If you don't like the VapCap vapor profile, that's fine. But claiming, when used as directed, that it is unhealthy is simply your opinion. Not a fact. In my opinion, it offers the smoothest vapor of any portable I've tried. Now it may be unhealthy in some way. But there's no evidence of that yet.

I think the issue people are having with the statements made by @biohacker and yourself is that you aren't simply saying the vapcap's aren't for you. You're also stating they are unhealthy as if that's a fact. It's not. It's your opinion. Others disagree.

Are there any other threads dedicated to the downsides of a particular vaporizer?
I am on the vapcap's side. I am just being totally honest with myself. And Im not putting the vapcap on a scale vs other vapes.
I dont believe vapor is COMPLETELY harmless. I am very pro vaporizing and encourage it widely. There are many, many benefits.
But in life most good things come with some downside. The small cloud next to the big silver lining!

I am referring more to the high heat vapor specifically. This will run true for all vaporizers, not just the vapcap. I really am not accusing the vapcap of being unhealthy. It is just the nature of high temp vaping that does contain some harmful compounds, in whatever low amount.

With the vapcap, as I said, it is hard sometimes to draw the perfect line to get the best and most satsifying hits, while avoiding the creation of even minute amounts of slightly harmful compounds.
This was my point really. I am a vapcapper. But I am also always trying to be deadly honest with myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom