Any Classical Music Lovers Out There?

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Classical music has been my life long passion and my job. Certainly there must be other FC members who are classical music nerds. I thought I might start a thread just for us! Feel free to discuss anything about classical music, composers, or post videos of your favorite pieces, performances, etc.

I'll start you off with one of my favorite composers, Maurice Ravel. This is a portion of Ravel's Daphnis and Chloe.

SD_haze

I have a decent handful of favorites, from growing up with a Dad in the orchestra (violin)

Definitely my favorite is Gustav Holst's: The Planets
"The Planets", Op. 32, is a seven-movement orchestral suite by the English composer Gustav Holst, written between 1914 and 1916. Each movement of the suite is named after a planet of the Solar System and its corresponding astrological character as defined by Holst. With the exception of Earth, which is not observed in astrological practice, all the planets are represented.

1. Mars, the Bringer of War (00:00 - 07:21)
2. Venus, the Bringer of Peace (07:22 - 15:59);
3. Mercury, the Winged Messenger (16:00 - 19:51);
4. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity (19:52 - 27:49);
5. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age (27:50 - 36:31);
6. Uranus, the Magician (36:32 - 42:14)
7. Neptune, the Mystic (42:15 - 49:01).

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
A motet by Guillame Machaut (1300-1377) French medieval composer who was also the most renowned European poet of his time.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have always loved the classics. Mozart, Hayden, Brahms... I have a whole case of cassettes of "music of the masters"... including their bios. Loved that.

I currently like listening to Heathen Metal, New Age, and classic Rock. Oh, and Bon Jovi.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Crohnie

Seren

Away with the fairies
My taste in music is pretty eclectic ..... here's a couple of my favourite classical pieces ... hope you enjoy :)

Ahhhhh...... beautiful! :clap:

Seren,
Reactions: Crohnie

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Maybe going off on a slight tangent here, but these guys are great! :D

I think Mozart would have had a good giggle. Here's classical pianist Arcady Volodos also having some fun with Mozart's famous Turkish March playing his own transcription. Trashy good fun. Enjoy!

Crohnie,

Seren

Away with the fairies
Sorry for the double post mods - but this thread seems to have gone a little dormant - and I thought it would be nice to share a few of the tunes I'll be working along to today :):

:peace:

Seren,
Top Bottom