Anvil by Vestratto

coolbreeze

I think it is great but would not replace any of my vapes
Same.
besides the vapcaps.
For me they're totally different things with different uses. The Anvil would be more of a threat to the B0, conceptually. But they happily coexist at my house, along with all their little Dynavap friends!
036ed3c1-f7fa-43cd-8d23-cc150c5eb38f_text.gif

Grumpyrider

Infamous__vapes on Instagram
When I bought my flowerpot last year it changed everything for me. Since then I’ve sold every other vape I owned except my volcano (which is on borrowed time) 3 weeks ago I got the usa kit and so far it’s holding its own it’s my on the go vape and at home shares my usage about 50/50 right now, which is very impressive. I have an Anvil coming in tomorrow (og stem not integrated) planning on using it for my water setup

Clapped_r6

When I bought my flowerpot last year it changed everything for me. Since then I’ve sold every other vape I owned except my volcano (which is on borrowed time) 3 weeks ago I got the usa kit and so far it’s holding its own it’s my on the go vape and at home shares my usage about 50/50 right now, which is very imimpressive.
Between the Anvil and the TA, the desktop only comes out on blue moons anymore.

fangorn

I use it quite a bit right now! it allows an ultra fast session during the day! it hits hard so it can relax me quickly.
the other thing i love is that when i have poor quality cannabis and my other vaporizers are not getting anywhere... anvil is the only one that can get something out of it!

my big negative point is the flavors... I reduced my collection but it came quite low in my ranking in terms of taste!

Are you satisfied with the flavors? I ask the question to all those who love the anvil... maybe I'm doing it wrong... but I don't feel like...

ah and the other negative point is that it gives off a strong smell at the end of the session... when I empty my avb!
my wife tolerates all my other vaporizers but for this one, and if I haven't already, she always asks me to light a candle...even when I stick my head out the door to exhale outside!

in short, I would like a feedback on your experience in terms of flavors please!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

in short, I would like a feedback on your experience in terms of flavors please!
It isn't the pure flavor of a glass vapor path and convection heavy heating. Anvil does many things very well, I think flavor is the biggest trade off. But for me it's still not a huge trade off. Mostly because I use it with conditioned herb and with hash, which both suffer less from flavor loss, especially within the one (herb) or two (hash) hits it takes for me to cash the bowl.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It isn't the pure flavor of a glass vapor path and convection heavy heating. Anvil does many things very well, I think flavor is the biggest trade off. But for me it's still not a huge trade off. Mostly because I use it with conditioned herb and with hash, which both suffer less from flavor loss, especially within the one (herb) or two (hash) hits it takes for me to cash the bowl.
Totally agree with all of this. Also the best flavor with Anvil comes from aiming the torch at the copper ring near the end of the oven. In my experience, the flavor drops off pretty rapidly after the first hit.

Gray Area

I picked up a founder’s edition about 2 months ago from a member here.
I love it for sure and it’s a heavy hitter alright…

I find it completely different to my Dynavaps, (which still get used regularly) and often wonder at the constant comparisons… I guess due to form, clicker and torch it’s inevitable… but a different beast imo

@fangorn totally agree about lower quality product, the anvil will get what is there out of it much better than anything else I’ve owned.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari spot on about the hash… I’ve tried a lot of vapes with hash, and think this might just be the best to date.

As far as flavour goes, I find it better and longer lasting if you torch either at the first copper ring after the oven as @Grass Yes said, or just above that on the oven itself (usually I’ll do a bit of both during the heat up).
I use mine natively joint style, and will get a good few tasty pulls before the flavour drops off this way.

Anvil has shelved most of my other vapes, including some heavier desktops. I've been ~80% Anvil since I got it in April. The signature hits me right and it's the easiest thing to pull out for a quick satisfying rip. It just gets the job done every time. It's definitely not the best vape I have for flavor, but I'm not a big flavor chaser. It does taste pretty good IMO, as long as you're not riding the line. I usually heat the ditch right above the thermal battery.

My_50p_worth

I’ve always said, if you want flavour buy a Vapman or a convection vape with most/all glass pathway. Complaining about flavour with portable heavy hitters made of metal is somewhat missing the point of said device in the first place

The anvil is built to extract as efficiently as possible and to do so in one heat cycle, and it does that better than any other portable I’ve tried. Design goal more than met by John. I’ve since moved onto the TA which has slightly lower flavour drop off, assumedly due to the higher convection ratio.

I’ve been following the Anvil since around November ‘21 and generally speaking, the discourse never really turned objective and fair until it started getting into the hands of a decent amount of users and it wasn’t just the “founders cult” talking about it.

Of course, a certain site still harbours one hell of an aching hate boner towards the Anvil - but interestingly a lot of them don’t actually own one or have hit one.. how odd.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I'd like to see vestratto bring out a electrically powered desktop vape.

HzlDTX4.png

They are going to turn the anvil into that using a desktop IH, or at least try to haha. I am skeptical that an IH can reproduce the same hit as my ronx torch, but if John's claims are true I believe this will be a game changer for a lot of people to try the anvil.

Edit: to add on about flavour, when I switched from my e elev8r to my flowerpot. I had seemingly already gave up on that front. So it was an easy switch to the anvil. If you want flavour, all glass/quartz is the way to go.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I find the flavour to be dependent (as mentioned already) on how close you RTL, and also what quality of herb you’re running. I use my Anvil natively about 50% of the time and I really enjoy the taste myself. Through glass? Meh. Doesn’t come close to comparing to something like a Toad for taste, but it beats out a lot of other vapes I’ve tried, especially with the XL bowl and finger rub

Greenleaf88

I find the flavour to be dependent (as mentioned already) on how close you RTL, and also what quality of herb you’re running. I use my Anvil natively about 50% of the time and I really enjoy the taste myself. Through glass? Meh. Doesn’t come close to comparing to something like a Toad for taste, but it beats out a lot of other vapes I’ve tried, especially with the XL bowl and finger rub

I agree when u hit it native you actually taste the terpenes it's actually fantastic.

Like every vape when u run thru water it decipates the flavour but allows you to take massive hits while rtl.

I have every piece that tried to replicate the anvil like a fmj a Dani now they r dissapoing when you have tried an anvil but If u never tried a anvil ya u would think it's the same but it not even close.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
What's a finger rub? I mean what do you mean by that.
Like when you’re trimming bud or harvesting it, you collect the resin that accumulates on your hand or glove, and some people also collect the stuff that builds up on their scissors too (I’m one of those people) it’s very pure tasting and basically unprocessed hash. Very very sticky but when you dry it out it has a beautiful, blonde, crumble consistency.

Also I was gonna add that the size of torch you’re using seems to matter a lot too, I get better flavours from my Vapman torch than I do any bigger sized ones.

Texus

I mean it did replace my flowerpot (B0) after a few months I finally sold mine off. Going to get a nice custom wooden stem and case.
I still maintain that Anvil is the only real portable heavy hitter out there. It slaps hard.

But that doesn't keep Dynavaps from also being great. Depends what you are looking for. I might give DV a bit of an edge for flavor still. And sometimes nice to have a different style hit and effects.

condition

I also use it daily. Since I got the WPA, I am vaping through water. The vapor is very dense, satisfying and had a nice visual effect on the bong, as it gets "smokey". Mornings are for DV though. It takes around 3 cycles with the same amount loading/clearing at once with Anvil, so I use it slowly with morning ☕
. I’ve since moved onto the TA which has slightly lower flavour drop off, assumedly due to the higher convection ratio.
What is the TA?

Orvaxxx

I also use it daily. Since I got the WPA, I am vaping through water. The vapor is very dense, satisfying and had a nice visual effect on the bong, as it gets "smokey". Mornings are for DV though. It takes around 3 cycles with the same amount loading/clearing at once with Anvil, so I use it slowly with morning ☕

What is the TA?
Thermal Accumulator from Phatpiggie, butane vape

My_50p_worth

It looks like the most joint-like experience I've seen, I think, besides some of the direct-hit glass vapes.
Oh man it’s a beauty of a vape! I like that you can either blast it for a big hit or heat it in that “sip and rip” Vapman heating style - which gives a really nice prolonged session that still hits.

Highly recommend, it’s different enough from the anvil that they can coexist :)

coolbreeze

Oh man it’s a beauty of a vape! I like that you can either blast it for a big hit or heat it in that “sip and rip” Vapman heating style - which gives a really nice prolonged session that still hits.

Highly recommend, it’s different enough from the anvil that they can coexist :)
It's really the most interesting of these post-Anvil vapes. I'm usually inclined to go thru water but in this case I will probably want an option i can use with a stem, too. I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

mixchu69

I’m late to the Anvil party but is there an easy way to pop the screen in the condenser for the WPA kit. I combusted and want to use a new screen. Vestratto needs to add some instructional videos to their website.

Edit:is it easy to pop in a new screen?

Top Bottom