Another Recommendation- Concentrate Vape pen ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUnhouse

Thanks @Caligula and @Sleepin in CA If I go that way I will defiantly be in touch .

So as I search I am coming to realize that maybe there is not really anything that is not dab as you go out there .
Am I correct ?

The main things I am considering at this point are the Omicron Or Omicron light ,
Or the Dr dabber or the Dabber (vB) as suggested by @sasNW After reading the thread it seems like people are having good luck with that and being able to load more than a dab.
But I also think I would prefer the wick-less cart.

Let see what changes my mind today !

could not edit last post ?
Update;
After looking at all these pens (and I think I have looked at everything possible)
I think most of them (Omicron excluded )
are just ego batteries with branding and carts.
Ads just seem overpriced (dabber battery is $52 I think I can get the same one for 14.99)

So I am back to getting an EGO-T battery and buying everything else separate .
So I have 2 questions.

Any suggestions for carts ?
I have head some good things about the Gentleman's and I like the dabber's .
Should I stick to wick-less ?
Who make the best ones ?

#2 and suggestions for a reputable dealer for parts and batteries ?
I have been to quite a few and don't want to get screwed .

As always any help is appreciated !

Thanks @Caligula and @Sleepin in CA If I go that way I will defiantly be in touch .

So as I search I am coming to realize that maybe there is not really anything that is not dab as you go out there .
Am I correct ?

The main things I am considering at this point are the Omicron Or Omicron light ,
Or the Dr dabber or the Dabber (vB) as suggested by @sasNW After reading the thread it seems like people are having good luck with that and being able to load more than a dab.
But I also think I would prefer the wick-less cart.

Let see what changes my mind today !

Well Things have changed a bit .
I was given the ok to actually spend some money on this thing so that changes everything .
Currently i am reading the Cera thread and liking it a lot . Seems to me it takes much of the guessing out of it (ie. what carts or attys to buy) and takes away some of the learning curve problems(blowing carts) which will save money in the end I think
Am I wrong?
Is there anything else om the market that can compete?
Thanks again in advance for any advice, Hopefully I can stop reading and start ordering soon !

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizsteve

rebuildable are the way to go than its up to you on the coils the thing is you can shape them anyway you want use any wire you want and any number of post.also if you have a barbeque outside you can use it as a kiln and make your own ceramic or glass innards

clouded vision

rebuildable are the way to go than its up to you on the coils the thing is you can shape them anyway you want use any wire you want and any number of post.also if you have a barbeque outside you can use it as a kiln and make your own ceramic or glass innards

That looks easy enough, but for someone with nerve damage that affects their arms and hands, it would be difficult to do. I know at times it is difficult and painful for me to hold a pen so there is no way I could play around with 32ga wire and drill when it gets bad.

FUnhouse

@Wizsteve
Hey man great video and I would love to go that direction , In fact i would love to do that all day and help myself as well as anyone who I could help .But...Unfortunately I have no feeling in my thumb and index finger so there is no way I could actually hold the wires correctly .

@clouded vision
Sorry to hear your are going through that it truly sucks.
Are you having luck with finding anything that helps?

clouded vision

Mine isn't as bad as I make it seem and I just suffer through it most days. Luckily for me it affects my non-dominant arm the most.
The past 2 months have been hell though, everytime I turn my head a certain way my neck locks, I can feel how tight the muscle is on the side of my neck and top of my shoulder, pain shoots under my shoulder blade and then pain followed by numbness shoots down my left arm all the way to my finger tips. I try not to let it affect my life to much though and just fight through it most days.
The only thing that gives me any relief is a big dab. Flowers used to cut it but my tolerance has climbed (the dabs I take now would have given me a panic attack when I first started dabbing). Of course a hard coughing fit (sometimes even just a sneeze) will really bother it so midday l most times I'll take a couple small to medium sized dabs. I stay away from opiates and muscle relaxers though because addiction runs in my family and I watched an ex-gf transform from a productive member of society to a full blown junkie and end up in and out of jail because she started taking vicodin for her tendonitis and her addiction just progressed from there

I wish I could be more help and discuss strains, etc that might help but I'm stuck in a shItty situation right now with a lot of things working against me. First I'm in a prohibition state so I'm generally stuck with whatever I can get, at most I'll have like 3 choices and I don't believe my guys when they tell me what strain it is. The bigger issue I have is that due to an obscure law in my state, I do not qualify for disability payments so I go untreated. I have insurance but if I end up out of work because of it (ie fusion surgery, rehab, etc) I will end up losing my insurance in the middle of my treatment (how fucked up is the US medical system). The only thing I have going for me is that they have not considered ergonomics for my job, currently we work on tablets out of our cars and everyone else is complaining about their necks and backs as well plus there is no medical documentation of my condition. I'm currently waiting for someone to file their claim that their neck/back problems are occupational so I would be able to collect workers comp if I need to go out.

FUnhouse

Mine isn't as bad as I make it seem and I just suffer through it most days. Luckily for me it affects my non-dominant arm the most.
The past 2 months have been hell though, everytime I turn my head a certain way my neck locks, I can feel how tight the muscle is on the side of my neck and top of my shoulder, pain shoots under my shoulder blade and then pain followed by numbness shoots down my left arm all the way to my finger tips. I try not to let it affect my life to much though and just fight through it most days.
The only thing that gives me any relief is a big dab. Flowers used to cut it but my tolerance has climbed (the dabs I take now would have given me a panic attack when I first started dabbing). Of course a hard coughing fit (sometimes even just a sneeze) will really bother it so midday l most times I'll take a couple small to medium sized dabs. I stay away from opiates and muscle relaxers though because addiction runs in my family and I watched an ex-gf transform from a productive member of society to a full blown junkie and end up in and out of jail because she started taking vicodin for her tendonitis and her addiction just progressed from there

I wish I could be more help and discuss strains, etc that might help but I'm stuck in a shItty situation right now with a lot of things working against me. First I'm in a prohibition state so I'm generally stuck with whatever I can get, at most I'll have like 3 choices and I don't believe my guys when they tell me what strain it is. The bigger issue I have is that due to an obscure law in my state, I do not qualify for disability payments so I go untreated. I have insurance but if I end up out of work because of it (ie fusion surgery, rehab, etc) I will end up losing my insurance in the middle of my treatment (how fucked up is the US medical system). The only thing I have going for me is that they have not considered ergonomics for my job, currently we work on tablets out of our cars and everyone else is complaining about their necks and backs as well plus there is no medical documentation of my condition. I'm currently waiting for someone to file their claim that their neck/back problems are occupational so I would be able to collect workers comp if I need to go out.

@clouded vision

That sucks.
I have almost the same exact symptoms in my right arm and shoulder (my dominant arm ) all the way to my hand . And I also get it on the left but much less
I have been going through it since 2010 and had surgery twice ,once to clean it up which got it so I could actually use my arm and then a fusion which did nothing ,we think because of an infection I may have living in the nerve . That along with some lower back problems from and old car accident .
And i too do my best to fight through it and have good days and bad days .

I started using flowers for pain back in the early 90's when the doctors were use after the accident (they actually told me it was in my head )and it was the only thing that gave me relief.
I am lucky to live here in LA ( but the MMJ is the only reason) and have good access to meds .
I too wen through a bout with opiates and it was ugly . i found they give me all the bad stuff sickness anger addiction but very little pain relief. Now I take a "nerve blocker" that does almost nothing .

As far as work goes I am sort of lucky . I get to work at home and can usually work on my own schedule and take breaks when I need . But I have to work on a computer all day which is not good for my hands . And I can smoke during the work day (even on a break ) because I wont be able to do my work correctly (or at leas i don't trust myself ).

I too am having tolerance problems with flowers and usually mix in some hash or shatter but I am ready to switch to vaping concentrates . Just need to make a decision on a vape .

And I agree the US medical system sucks. And I have had so many bad experiences with doctors out here its just sad .

I hope things work out for you and I will keep it touch to share treatment Ideas if I get any .

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Personally I'd recommend you go to Up tech because they are constantly coming out with new product and have a lot of options to choose from. Our Dabbler vape pen is a super clean hit with a unique type of heating element wire and a high quality battery... but still I recommend up tech if they are close to you and can help you out directly.

We're here waiting to help you with your box vaporizer :) It is a life saver for so many people I suspect if you didn't like it it's probably a matter of a solvable issue- Either the unit is not working right or the method needs to be tweaked. When it works right the hits are the biggest best densest sweetest I've ever had on a vaporizer at any price. I'll send you a message to clear up what's going on. I'll make sure your repair is free if you need that.

@FUnhouse

Sincerely, Linus V
That's good service.
Actually, I'd say that's a Class Act. WTG, VaporBros! :)

Also, I have both the Dr Dabber & the OPHOS, and I prefer the UP tech... if I had the $$$, I'd go the whole way and get the SR-71 thingy they have, it seems able to handle a whole lotta concentrates at a time, and various kinds.

I do load enough into my OPhos to last me a couple of days. Don't drown it, but it can handle a fairly largish dab, especially if it is solider stuff (shatter, really stiff oil, a nice chunk of wax). More liquidy stuff seems to clog it up more, so there's that. (SR71 for liquider, I think)

FUnhouse

Actually, I'd say that's a Class Act. WTG, VaporBros! :)

Also, I have both the Dr Dabber & the OPHOS, and I prefer the UP tech... if I had the $$$, I'd go the whole way and get the SR-71 thingy they have, it seems able to handle a whole lotta concentrates at a time, and various kinds.

I do load enough into my OPhos to last me a couple of days. Don't drown it, but it can handle a fairly largish dab, especially if it is solider stuff (shatter, really stiff oil, a nice chunk of wax). More liquidy stuff seems to clog it up more, so there's that. (SR71 for liquider, I think)

@Enchantre
Thanks for the info .
Still thinking about the Up tech doing further research on the SR-71 .
Have kind of mover past the Dr Dabber and Dabber . They sill look ok but I think I am going to step it up to the next level.
Also what cart are you using on the O-phos?

Edit: Need to make a correction form my original post
"I have a vapor bros Whip style vape that I hate (its in a box in my garage ) "
This is incorrect I have a Whip style vape it may be an EZ VAPE but it is definitely not a Vapor Brothers unit , And I mean no disrespect to Vapor Brothers at all .
Just my faulty memory at work .

Last edited:

FUnhouse

Sorry for the double post could not edit previous post .

Well I finally joined the club!! i got myself an Omicron light .
Picked up some wax and get to try it in a few hours.
Very much looking forward to it . Hopefully it wont be too frustrating .

Thanks to everyone of FC for the help in figuring this out.
I have learned a tin here .
And will probably have more questions!

sasNW

The ones that are tubes that you load about half a gram in? Just curious how it's all working out for you, best of luck with it all

sasNW,
Reactions: FUnhouse

FUnhouse

The ones that are tubes that you load about half a gram in? Just curious how it's all working out for you, best of luck with it all

@sasNW
Actually a cart like the KISS jut different materials
The Girl at Up tech told me what it was and I cant remember (long term loss of short term memory !)
I am going to try the "oil" cart today (the tube one ) I will let you know how that works out.

Caligula

Maximus
KISS carts are meant to have single dabs loaded on them at a time. Repeat as needed. The wick is ceramic and the wire is made of grade 2 titanium.

The old style carts (metal tube) comfortably hold 0.5g but sue a fiber wick and standard nichrome (?) heater wire. Two very different animals to be sure.

Caligula,
Reactions: Enchantre

FUnhouse

Here is my experience with My Omicron light so far .(sorry in advance for rambling)

Fist off I bought the Omicron from e-bay from the up tech closeouts . Why?
I was not sure this type of vape was going to work out for me after my previous attempts (see the first post in this thread) . So I wanted to get in as cheaply as possible but still get something of quality .
And so far I think I did just that . Side note I found out that it was on clearance because of old packaging, no Kiss cart and no warranty . I was ok with out the warranty because I figured if it worked out and broke down the line I would just upgrade to an Omicron or a Persei.
I went to Uptec's office in Van Nuys . the people I dealt with there were great and helpful and wanted to make sure I got the correct thing. It came with the oil cart and I purchased a nichrome cart and went on my way . I then went and got three kinds of wax ans set out on my adventure .
Most people are probably wondering why I dint get the kiss cart everyone raves about .
I got the nichrome one at the suggestion of the woman form Uptech. because it was less fragile and you could load more than just a dab at a time ,and also because I was told they were harder to blow out and I wanted to start with as little frustration as possible .
I got home and loaded up the nichrome cart with some shatter after charging the battery and was on my way . It took me a few pulls to get the hang of it but after a bit I started getting good hits .
I did have a scare with the battery after a few hours I had to plug it in for another charge but it has been fine since .
I noticed a big difference in the feeling compared to burning flower . I felt much more of a body high and much clearer in the head . I seem to get a bit more pain relief and it didn't make me as sleepy which is good and bad . I found I still had to have some flower before bed to get to sleep .
This could just be the strain I choose as well (although I did get only Indica as I have for years)
I used some shatter and some softer wax . I found I like the shatter better (could be the strain )
and the shatter seamed to be more efficient ?
After another day I filled the oil cart with about .4 of a softer wax . I use the blow dryer as instructed .
It took about ten minutes to fill it and I could not get a hit at all . I heated the cart up with a torch lighter for a second and that seemed to melt the wax into the cart better and i could get a hit . Once again this took some practice and learning some technique and I think I got it down .
I took it with me to an art gallery (http://markryden.com/news/index.html highly recommended ) And walked around Hollywood with it for a while and never got a second look . I will have to wait and see how long the .4 in the oil cart lasts .

So Overall a good experience so far . I would like to find something more efficient but I dont know if that exists ?
I will prob. try the Kiss cart down the line and get a 601 to 510 adapter to try some others (suggestions?) And its just nice to know this system works for me .
I think I might still buy myself a Cera with the LL and EO carts (want to vape flowers as well ) but that's a few months away .

Much thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and helped me in making my decision .

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I also find the effects from concentrates vs flower to be different. I also need both effects, as I have multiple things that meds are good for.

:)

I have the KISS cart, and I overload it constantly, but as long as I use only clean shatter or waxy crumbles, it's good. I had some smushier oily stuff that had plant matter in it (too long of a soak...), and that destroyed the carts. yes, two of them. sigh.

Enjoy! :)

FUnhouse

I also find the effects from concentrates vs flower to be different. I also need both effects, as I have multiple things that meds are good for.

:)

I have the KISS cart, and I overload it constantly, but as long as I use only clean shatter or waxy crumbles, it's good. I had some smushier oily stuff that had plant matter in it (too long of a soak...), and that destroyed the carts. yes, two of them. sigh.

Enjoy! :)

I am hoping the need for flower goes away eventually . I would prefer to have as few tools(ie: vapes bongs etc.) as possible at this point.

And that is exactly what I was worried about with the KISS cart>

FUnhouse,

FUnhouse

@FUnhouse if you are looking for a cartridge that hits harder and lasts a lot longer then anything on the market the Hercules might be something you want to look at. Just saying the regular EO carts are good the kiss is better but the Hercules is best.

@THC SCIENTIFIC
I actually talked to them about that when I was there . So I am thinking about doing just that down the line.

FUnhouse,
Reactions: Caligula

FUnhouse

Again cant edit the post above . But had another question to continue this discussion .

So I am digging the Omicrion light after a little more than a week ,And I got it at just the right time,as I have had another inflammatory reaction and all my broken parts lit up for the last four days .

Anyway I have been using the vape daily just to keep me comfortable.(cant take pain meds)
But I am still smoking some herb out of the bong before i go to sleep as it usually makes me sleepy and the vape so far has not been .

So the question is do I keep smoking herb or buy a vape.

And That opens the other question of what herb vape to get .
It will probably be used mostly at home but would like to be portable as well.
Don't really want a whip or bag stile and the open element and the bags seem to magnets for the animals in my house And I was not a big fan of the whip style when I got it. (that's just me )
It would be great to have an all in one (herb/oil) portable but it may be to expensive .

My thoughts so far lean to the TV Cera or Luna if I can afford one.

So any suggestions on whether I should bother vaping herb or just keep smoking .

And ant suggestions would be great .I have done a ton of research so I know whats out there .
One important think i would like to be able to vape at high enough temps to extract the most CBD possible.

And if any one knows some good CBD Indica strains going around I would love to know what they are so I can look for some .

Thanks again to all the Great people here on FC I really appreciate the help and education .

FUnhouse,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom