Am I a Vapor Martyr?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I only ask this because it seems that I will all but go to the ends of the Earth to help convert my fellow smokers.

I have gifted too many VGs to remember.
My old Iolite went towards a trade of (another) MyrtleZap so that I could give the MZ to a smoking buddy (success)
My Launch Box is on its 3rd owner now (gifted) because of its stealth and efficiency.
And most recently my Supreme Vaporizer is in the hands of another buddy (Merry Xmas to you) because he loved it so much and because he let his buddy borrow his combustion pipe.

ALL of these vapes had a very special place in my heart (and rotation) and every last one of them gave me a pang in my heart to see them go - but feeling good at the fact that I may be helping just one more person discover the mucho betterness of vaping.

But shit, it still stings! I miss them! :p

AGBeer,

Pappy

shmaporist
It's better to give than receive, isn' it?
But what comes around goes around! ;)

Pappy,

vapirtoo

I haven't let go of fffin' anything, except some bud....maybe.
Let those miscreants fend for themselves. Let them learn as you learned.
Martyrs make people weak! :lol:
Just vaked and tired. :D :2c: :peace:

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Are you a martyr? I'm not sure, did you die? :lol:

Seriously, though, I thought a martyr had to be dead? I don't think #3 & #4 apply here. :p

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/martyr

martyr

noun
1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.

2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.

3. a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.

4. a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.

Vicki,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vicki said:
4. a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.

Oh, I think with that post AGBeer might qualify for #4. ;)

Seriously AGBeer, you're a saint not a martyr. I salute you. I've given only one LB away (but I do expect that will change).

pakalolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
No, #4 would make me a hypochondriac. But I know this isnt true because how can I be a hypochondriac when Im sick all the time? :lol:

And while I havent necessarily 'died' it sure is killing me knowing that there is STILL a chance that some of these people will let these tools collect dust because they are so damned set in their ways. (I dont get it)

Id say Im at about 75% success rate.

AGBeer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
AGBeer said:
No, #4 would make me a hypochondriac. But I know this isnt true because how can I be a hypochondriac when Im sick all the time? :lol:

That is very true. :lol:

Vicki,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I guess so, but in all honesty its weird that I am able to 'sacrifice' (dontate, longterm loan, gift) as many vapes as I have. I swear up and down that 'this vape will never be given away' and eventually it happens. :p

I guess I am 'happy' with my 2 remaining vapes (and NO these will NOT be gifted... Well) But I almost feel empty without my other vapes now. Kind of like I want to buy new ones..

Oh crap here we go again... :o
(I guess I just need to quit collecting them!) NOT!

AGBeer,

vapirtoo

AGBeer,
you are a saint and your reward will be in heaven,
but your friends are being disserviced by your willingness to part
with your treasures.
Stop throwing pearls before swine. All of my peoples :lol: have
bought their own LBs. They do come over and liberate my batteries.
Oh well, what can a LB missionary do. ;)

vapirtoo,

Raf007

Retailer
75% of conersion is really good rate !

Only two of my friends switched to vaping (thx to the EQ).

4 others purchased a LB but are still combusting everyday.

Most of the others, are still smoking and are not completely convinced they can and want to switch to vaping.

So AG you're blessed ...for a martyre :D

Raf007,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
According to his sig, AGBeer still has the MZ and the SSV. Hmmm.

Where do you live, AGBeer? I'll be right over.

pakalolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Oh yeah, the SSV will NEVER EVER be given away (Good lord I searched long and hard for it, and I paid a premie price for it too) The MZ would only be gifted to family (if it was ever gifted)
You better believe I would be in touch with Rick immediately for another if this were the case though!

But to agree with Raf, some of my vapor converts have been more difficult to get away from the combustion. That part of it is frustrating, but still a necessary evil sometimes... And as the saying goes - there is no perfect vape. One of my buddies who I initially gifted the LB to used it at first only part time. Once I got an extra MZ it became his only way of consumption. (He quit combusting completely)

BTW Im here on the lEast Coast of the USA. (Ill let you know where the key is) ;)

AGBeer,

Beezleb

Most friends I know who use smoke. I have introduced just about everyone I know to vaping and about 1/3rd I would say took it up. The rest simply do not like vaping as much as it is not for everybody. 0I do not know anyone who strictly vapes. Its typical they do both. I am just thankful, it is for me hehe!

One of the biggest turn offs I see from people is that it takes longer to vape compared to smoking. I do not try to convert people. I introduce it to them and its up to them what they do. I do not really care if people take up vaping or not. Its an option and one that people should understand but I do not impose it.

Beezleb,

Nycdeisel

Pretty much everyone who I have introduced vaping to seems to like it, but rarely does one really go out and buy shit themselves(these people are for some reason afraid of a long term investment).
However, I am currently in the works of converting another soon-to-be-ex-smoker :lol: Well, hopefully....:rolleyes:

In addition, I have been caught just giving things away that I didnt use anymore to others, since I thought they would benefit from it more then I would while it would be collecting dust.

Nycdeisel,

djonkoman

I noticed that the nontobacco smokers I introduced to vaping love it, but most of my stonerfriends also smoke tobacco, and they all prefer joints with tobacco and weed mixed(that's also the reason I smoke them up a lot, since if it's my weed I can also choose the method of smoking/vaping, and I hate the taste and effect and hurting throat of tobacco)

djonkoman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Beezleb said:
One of the biggest turn offs I see from people is that it takes longer to vape compared to smoking.

That depends entirely on your device. I can get blitzed on my LB at least as fast as I can smoking a jay. I think devices like the Lotus and VG are also as fast as combustion, but I haven't used those.

pakalolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
But sadly with those, the learning curve is greatly increased. As was stated before, many folks like combusting cause its easy. You cant overcook your herb cause thats what you are trying to do to begin with! Its simple, pack, light, inhale, repeat. The mindlessness of it outweighs the flavor, high, and variability that vaping provides.

Its like how I compared the BMC drinkers when I brewed beer. The masses were happy with the PBRs and Ms Beast - cause it got you drunk, who cares how it tastes? Your mouth will be numb after the first one anyway.

I like to think of the vaporist as a cannabis connoisseur. We enjoy our herbs (and blends) more thoroughly, and for different reasons.

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

AGBeer said:
The mindlessness of it outweighs the flavor, high, and variability that vaping provides.

I like to think of the vaporist as a cannabis connoisseur. We enjoy our herbs (and blends) more thoroughly, and for different reasons.

I strongly agree with this, even though combustion is a lot 'louder' then vapor, people can still do it almost subconsciously(especially if they are addicted to cigarettes or something) and that really takes away from the experience for me, as well as the speed. Smoking is too fast, since it just burns up your herb in a second, not to mention how inefficient it is, so you end up loading more anyway.

Vapor allows me to enjoy cannabis in a way that no other device can deliver, and then you get into different kinds and types of vaporizers and theres so much variety! I also agree that smoking seems quite 'easy' and simple in a way, once you have started vaporizing.

Nycdeisel,

Raf007

Retailer
AGBeer said:
Yup, I too.
And I really don't get how one can really taste a strain without vaping it.

@djonkoman
I also have noticed that my non smokers friends are more encline to prefer vaping over combusting, while the one that are smoking miss the combustion buzz.

Raf007,
Top Bottom