allowed to use parts from other vapes in my own vape which i try to sell???

hey guys!

am i allowed to use parts from other vaporizers in my selfconstructes product which i try to sell?

already thanks for the answer!

have a nice day!

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i donno exactly...

... i would assume yes as long as they were not proprietary parts/pieces..

i also would assume this would not be the most economical way in sourcing parts, imo.

good luck

:peace:

just_the_flu,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I think we would need more information before anyone could answer you definitively but as just_the_flu stated above it seems it could be more expensive that way.

What kind of Vape are you thinking of making? What Parts are you asking about?

(more often then not I would think the answer would be ... No, not without permission from and payment of some-kind to the original manufacturer)

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,
Reactions: DDave

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Or until the cease and desist letter shows.. I got one from Honda lawyers once for making my own stickers for ebay.

I used to buy paintball masks and install a fan, battery and switch and then resell. I just said modified bla bla bla mask... No issues there.

Edit: I don't know really now that I posted this. :)

Last edited:

OF

Of course you can.

You bought it, right? It's yours. There was no condition of use restrictions on the sales contract. You can't market it as theirs, of course.

You can buy a BMW, remove the motor, put it in a race car and sell it for bigger bucks. You can't, however, then put a Toyota engine in the BMW and sell it as a Beamer.

Many makers will sell you parts at reduced cost in bulk if they don't see you as a direct competitor. However I once worked for a maker of specimen preparation gear for Electron Microscopes, a low volume/high profit business to be in. Not many customers, 'everyone knows everyone'. We had several products that used parts from competitors (like readout assemblies from digital micrometers) as well as non competitors. Sometimes their entire unit in our box with the cords cut off. Several of the competitors tried to cut us off, but they could not stop us from paying retail at one of their dealers.......we just raised the price to cover it.

Stay clear of their patents and don't use their name or trademark and you should be fine.

Good luck with your project.

OF

Top Bottom