Alcohol Tincture w/ AVB - Advice?

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
So i have 20grams of AVB
and i'm gonna buy 32oz of 190 proof food grade alcohol soon.

I've been wanting to make an alcohol tincture / green dragon for a long time now. I read somewhere that an 8th of high quality flower and 2 oz of 190 proof grain alcohol is a good mix for something potent.

Wondering, since i have high quality AVB, medium roast throughout. should i double the ration of cannabis to the alcohol? So 7grams in 2 oz, sitting for a week or 3, or maybe heating the mix to evaporate the alcohol and reduce it?

Also, what electric burner do y'all recommend so i can reduce the tincture's alcohol content safely?

*I will post a good testing log after the tincture is done. Maybe some pictures and some videos too.
*I will also make some tincture with fresh buds too, but after the AVB, to make comparisons.

DreamHaze,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I pour the abv in a sealable jar.... 20 grams will do fine.
A jelly jar works well.
I pour in enough alcohol to cover the abv completely so it can be shaken easily.
After shaking, and filtration, I filter the mixture and I put it in a small graduated 1 cup pyrex measuing cup, so I can clearly see the level ....
I throw a small metal rack in the bottom of a large pot and fill about halfway with water, and bring to a boil.
reduce to a simmer, and set the measuring cup on the rack inside the pot.. and let it sit....
I do not try to reduce the liquid more than 75%..
In other words if I start with a cup, I reduce it slowly to a quarter of a cup.
Before pouring it into dropper bottles, I swirl the liquid around well to re-capture the ring of oil that has climbed a bit above the line of the liquid... that is pure cannabinoids that rose as the alcohol cooked off.
Do it with a fan on (I turn on the stoves exaust)

Last edited:

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
I pour the abv in a sealable jar.... 20 grams will do fine.
A jelly jar works well.
I pour in enough alcohol to cover the abv completely so it can be shaken easily.
After shaking, and filtration, I filter the mixture and I put it in a small graduated 1 cup pyrex measuing cup, so I can clearly see the level ....
I throw a small metal rack in the bottom of a large pot and fill about halfway with water, and bring to a boil.
reduce to a simmer, and set the measuring cup on the rack inside the pot.. and let it sit....
I do not try to reduce the liquid more than 75%..
In other words if I start with a cup, I reduce it slowly to a quarter of a cup.
Before pouring it into dropper bottles, I swirl the liquid around well to re-carture the ring of oil that has climbed a bit above the line of the liquid... that is pure cannabinoids that rose as the alcohol cooked off.
Do it with a fan on (I turn on the stoves exaust)

Awesome! Thanks!
How long does the reduction process usually take you?

DreamHaze,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
About 2 hours... checking and stirring......and using the stir spoon to use the liquid to get any ring of rising oil back into the solution.
I have finished it a few times in about an hour (but was using lesser amounts).

Top Bottom