AirVape legacy

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
btw I tried this with my YooTech chargers. These are some of the cheapest chargers on Amazon capable of charging iPhones at 7.5 watts (or at least the cheapest ones that advertise iPhone fast charging) Anyway, the legacy works fine with the flat disk version, but if I put the legacy in the upright(cradle) version I need to put something under it to elevate it slightly. A AA or AAA battery works but that wasn't the result I hoped for.

Also @Okla68, I noticed on one of your posts comparing to the Ghost, the mentioned you turn the heat down pretty log on the Ghost. I never thought about that before (Idiot, slaps forehead). But I had to breakout my backup Android phone, download the APK from https://apkpure.com/ghost-vapes/uk.co.propeller.ghost, and then set user 1 to 284º the lowest it goes. Totally changed my Ghost experience. First hit, no visible vapor but tons of flavor, then took 7 more hits mostly close to 15 seconds each. Turned out it was great, no charing, pretty even roast ... looks like I'm keeping the Ghost until the door falls off.

Btw I've been generally leaving my Legacy around 325 or lower sometimes, never gone above 350. I'm used to taking long hits with the Firefly, if I crank the Legacy past 350 It'll start charing with my long draws. So I keep the temp down lower. Btw don't put too much reliance on the temps on the display. This thing definitely gets hotter as a session goes on. It really is like a Firefly in that regard (they call it dynamic convection). All I know is that the Legacy really easy to use (as long as you don't touch that basket), it feels like a good cross between the Ghost and the Firefly
This is essentially the reason I decided I wanted to try it out. The performance of a well working ghost, and the form factor of the firefly. I just hope I don’t get one of these combusting units :ko:

Vapor Mainline,
Reactions: Xclerk

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
Although my unit was subject to combustion at first the removal of the battery reset the software and I have not had this problem since. I use the basket religiously now because it conserves herb as well as providing no compromise. This from A person who whose favorite machine was the S&B plenty with WPA.

For those of you who cannot deal with reforming your basket, be patient. Apollo contends that they will ship replacement baskets to all pre-orders in the future. These baskets would be easily fixed if someone owned a very light weight Hydraulic or knuckle punch press. The die could be made in a Few hours and the baskets could be reshaped by the hundreds, taking a mere 10 seconds each.

if anyone is a connected ninja, this should be a top priority; as you can see in the thread people can and will complain about anything. AirVape, do not give them an excuse. Preorder participants should feel very special about now.

jbm

For those of you who cannot deal with reforming your basket, be patient. Apollo contends that they will ship replacement baskets to all pre-orders in the future.
I flattened the bottom a bit and it fit better; but I still cannot get anything out of the vape when the basket is in. Apollo acknowledges the problems with the basket? Do we need to contact them, or will it show up sometime in 2022?

yogurtsauce

unlike some, by basket fits! But like them, I cant close

box comes with optical illusions

100% feels like $250, compared to my crafty+. This thing is a beast. Those who have had the firefly2, this is bigger in all dimensions by a bit. A little smaller than the ghost mv1.
On demand works for me. Now to load some weed.

I thought that the QC was in the USA
this doesn’t look like it is

the hinge is very simple, and I do not believe it will be the first to break. The oven is hot without me hitting it, which leads to the suspicion that it isn’t fully confection. Hitting at 360 on demand. This thing hits hard I won’t lie. @360, it does not taste like 360. It tastes more like 400.

One thing that I notice is that when you put the vape down, it is very soft. Easily worth paying for that.

What you’re all here for

360°f pre/post stirred.

400 is on the edge of combustion. I believe if you’re in F, add -35°F and that’s probably the true temp.

verdict: quality is $250, performance is not.

Final thoughts - Totally worth $100

I am high though. I missed my tray

Last edited:

Complexity

Okay, so my initial first impressions are, this vape is just the best thing ever! Today was truly a great day, very relaxing after a busy day at work. Time will tell but right now I freaking love this vape!! So far, I have vaped two bowls of CBD flower and two bowls of regular flower. What I noticed is that I definitely felt the effects of the CBD more, and also amazingly baked from the regular flower. I don't even know where to start. lol

Things I like:
-Has a good weight to it.
-The taste, IMO is very tasty, and for a longer period of time than with the Ghost in lower heat settings. Haven't really tried anything higher than 360.
-Draw resistance is virtually zero
-Love the display
-Having the ability to switch from session mode to on-demand mode.
-The 1 minute on-demand mode benefits the battery life. You're so baked that you even forget that it doesn't need to be turned off when you finally pick it back up again.
-The overall look and feel just defines an excellent quality vape. WELL WORTH the pre-order price and may I say full price.
-Built-in stir tool is an awesome innovation.
-Love the message it sends based upon the choice of materials made for the product and the packaging, seeing it in person it just looks very elegant and premium.
-The wireless charging is a great feature. I have a Samsung wireless charger but I have to position the vape a certain way for it to keep charging since both the vape and charging pad are sort of rounded out.
-Battery is still showing a full cell even after 4 bowls so far.

What I find bothersome:
-As others have stated, it is a PITA to load if you don't like getting flower all around the seal area outside the bowl. To minimize the flower spread, I have been loading essentially a crucible from the MV1 and gently dumping it out onto the bowl.
-To be expected, but loading the bowl lightly causes more flower to get stuck in the small gold plate and on top of the door above the bowl.
-Like everyone else, I tried the gold bowl reducer and even went up to 400 but got no vapor and only a little bit of flavor. Don't even bother with it...I said that to myself yet I still tried it.
-Plastic/rubber smell upon opening the lid and smelling it. I couldn't taste it but my partner said he smelt 'new vape' on the exhale. But that was partially my bad, didn't take the heater all the way to the max when doing initial burn runs.

When in comparison to the Ghost MV1:
-Legacy is slightly shorter.
-Legacy is lighter than the Ghost(12.XXXoz Ghost 8.XXXoz Legacy)
-Legacy is sturdier and more stable than MV1 when standing up straight, does not wobble as much if I move the desk slightly.
-Legacy has more even AVB with less effort.
-Legacy produces more tasty hits for a longer duration without tasting charred.
-I haven't had to stir the bowl yet. Been vaping at 320, 340, 360.
-I like how the mouthpiece feels sturdier compared to the Ghost mouthpiece that I almost always end up accidentally popping it out when trying to take a hit on the go.

Overall, I am very pleased with this vape for my initial first few hours using it. It gets the job done! Takes me to the moon, extracts the herbs efficiently. I don't know if it's because I haven't mastered the drawing technique on it(none is really needed unless you have baby lungs like me) but I haven't hit it long enough (I go for about 8-12 seconds) to produce massive clouds. Will be trying this vape a lot more tomorrow.
DEFINITELY taking this bad boy to work with me but gonna have to lessen the intake or I'll be too baked for the occasion. hahah

On a side note, I have not gotten the water bong attachment yet, USPS says that package is running late but still on the way. I am not even going to complain because I got the vape first! USPS does seem busy at the moment with packages lately.

boredbutmoving

I managed to try it last night and whoooo boy. I was so busy playing with temps and such to see what got the biggest cloud that I didn't notice I was gone until I was goooone. This is lightyears ahead of the Airvape X (which I enjoyed). No drag problems, and a more intense high than any other vape I've tried. It's gonna be a bitch to keep clean, and I stll haven't figured out the basket yet, but I can't wait to turn it on again.

Question re:charging, if the battery is still "full" according to air vape, does the LED show anything when you plug it in? Mine still shows as full even after last night, and when I plug it in (to test if it charges) nothing happens.

Okla68

I managed to try it last night and whoooo boy. I was so busy playing with temps and such to see what got the biggest cloud that I didn't notice I was gone until I was goooone. This is lightyears ahead of the Airvape X (which I enjoyed). No drag problems, and a more intense high than any other vape I've tried. It's gonna be a bitch to keep clean, and I stll haven't figured out the basket yet, but I can't wait to turn it on again.

Question re:charging, if the battery is still "full" according to air vape, does the LED show anything when you plug it in? Mine still shows as full even after last night, and when I plug it in (to test if it charges) nothing happens.
If the charge is above 80+ %, its not going to charge, Ive found. Yes, the battery life is Beyond expected ! I went thru 6 bowls before it got off 100% !
I started off at 392°F, temp I was running my X at. After a week, Im now Down to starting at 340°F. Much More Flavor, not on Ghost level, but, Lots More Vapor ! At 340°F, it takes 6-8 draws to cash a bowl. The 1st 2-3 Quite Tasty. Draw Speed and Intensity of draw have dramatic effects on vapor production...from Whispy to Explode your lungs(mine are 71and Well Used) hits.
Lowering the temp, Totally Changed my opinion on it producing Tasty Flavor.
Contray to some, Ive had No Problem with the Little Screen getting clogged
Went thru half a dozen bowls before removing and cleaning it(actually didnt really need it) !
Love those Pointed Q-tips. Does anyone else produce those ?
I can already see the DynaVap and IH being Shelved or Sold from lack of use.(never cared for it that much to begin with !)
The Legacy has taken its spot at the Top of the Class of Flower Vapes ! Ive used the Concentrate Pad with Diamonds(no sauce), Worked Great(464°F)...with Shatter, didnt get Hot enough and clogged the Diffusion Disc with Reclaim !(Satisfied/Impressed with it as strictly a Flower vape)

Last edited:
Okla68,

boredbutmoving

If the charge is above 80+ %, its not going to charge, Ive found. Yes, the battery life is Beyond expected ! I went thru 6 bowls before it got off 100% !

Sweet! Also, a particular thank you to you Okla! You've not only answered our questions well and provided info on the vape when we had none, your posts about how great it was were just what I needed to make it a little longer in purgatory! I'm so happy I didn't cancel this.

hinglemccringleberry

Anyone try using whole nugs yet? If so how's the experience and what size nug did you use?
Also how's the performance if you half-pack the chamber with ground bud (NOT using the reducer basket)?

I can already see the DynaVap and IH being Shelved or Sold from lack of use.(never cared for it that much to begin with !)
Uhm, I'll "shelf" it for you:)

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Okla68

Anyone try using whole nugs yet? If so how's the experience and what size nug did you use?
Also how's the performance if you half-pack the chamber with ground bud (NOT using the reducer basket)?

Uhm, I'll "shelf" it for you:)
Ill Seriously think about that. Still in the Honeymoon stage with this Legacy and the IH does further clutter the counter where I sit, along with a Nano, etc. Havent used it in a couple weeks.
Havent tried any hand pinched buds, Yet !

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Thanks Okla! It would be cool to utilize all of that power to blast nugs to the middle and reduce the amount of work you have to do and keep the airpath clean(er)...but only if it can be done without any charring.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Okla68

Okla68

Thanks Okla! It would be cool to utilize all of that power to blast nugs to the middle and reduce the amount of work you have to do and keep the airpath clean(er)...but only if it can be done without any charring.
And think about the amount of Trichomes still attached that get crushed and sifted in 4 piece grinders that would Still be attached if put in whole. Hummm...Next Bowl we'll give it a go !

EDIT:::
It Definitely prefers a Finer grind. Brokeup a bud of Pacific Seed Bank "Cherry Pie" I jarred 8/19/19. Stuffed the bowl full, temp at 360°F...the taste was Exquisite, for several draws, but, very little visible vapor. The Effects were also in the Exquisite range. Opened the bowl, removed a bit/stirred to increase/improve air flow..flavor there, but decreasing, whispy at best visible vapor. At that point I was too toasted to have an objective view.
So....may try again at some point, was definitely Tasty over ground and effects great, but, like many, I Like to See Vapor Exhaled...! Weird Huh ? When the whole idea is to get Medicated, yet, judge the experience by the amount of Exhaled Vapor !!!20190817_143433.jpg

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Cool man! What temperature were you at? Would cranking the temp get more out of the nug or is there too much potential for burning?

hinglemccringleberry,

Okla68

Cool man! What temperature were you at? Would cranking the temp get more out of the nug or is there too much potential for burning?
I was at 360°F....looking back, the lack of vapor was most likely due to Moisture content being too high, 62% Integra. When I first stirred/emptied/refilled, it came out in One bowl shaped piece. I broke that up and refilled the bowl. Vapor Increased, but, still lacking to Normal vapor production from Ground material. But, I Didn't follow my own rules of watching Moisture content by letting it dry a bit before reloading. And after 2 more draws I was Too Toasted to Care anymore, lol !
Will try again sometime !

mc

anyone else front legacy "button" thing easy to push out? The glue under it looks wet still.

mc,
Reactions: arb

mc

Picture Please.....cant figure what you are referring to !!!
TRyRDXR.jpg

Kimosabe

FIXING the basket with commonly found tools:
1. cabinet screw from your desktop computer. These are the knurled Phillips head cap screws that hold the side pannels to the frame if your pc
2. Small hammer, meat tenderizer or pliers held sideways

Step A: Place thumbscrew (Philips head cap screws in 1 above) into basket as best you can
Step B: hammer with gentle deliberate tap-tap strokes forcing thumbscrew fits completely into basket
Step C: basket now perfect size for chamber

If anyone wishes to explain to me how I "drag and drop" an image into the image box that says "enter URL" so that I too can provide stunning images with ticking anyone off for using hyperlinks to Google Photo, that would benefit us all. Wasn't it Confucius who said a picture is worth 1000 words?

Kimosabe,

yogurtsauce

1. cabinet screw from your desktop computer. These are the knurled Phillips head cap screws that hold the side pannels to the frame if your pc

Step A: Place thumbscrew (Philips head cap screws in 1 above) into basket as best you can
Step B: hammer with gentle deliberate tap-tap strokes forcing thumbscrew fits completely into basket

If anyone wishes to explain to me how I "drag and drop" an image into the image box that says "enter URL" so that I too can provide stunning images with ticking anyone off for using hyperlinks to Google Photo, that would benefit us all. Wasn't it Confucius who said a picture is worth 1000 words?
Upload on imgbb.

Click copy. Paste it in the reply box. Do not do anything else.

Press copy. Press ctrl+v.

ginolicious

That’s amazing you found that to work. But really Airvape should have tested it. Or did better quality control

ginolicious,
Reactions: Kimosabe

Okla68

Wow....didnt know what you were referring to as a "button" ! The AIRVAPE Icon/emblem. I dont think you are the 1st to have a similar issue, seems like it. Since it not in the direct airpath, a simple glue fix should work.
Quality Control issues......the Legacy seems to be quite the device. The more I use it, the more I Like it !!!!!
Just finished a Blueberry Kush/White Widow Diamond sandwich....TOP SHELF EXPERIENCE !!!
Just realized I Didn't Finish it, lol ! Laid it down and got back into watching the last few minutes of the Final "ALONE" broadcast, CONGRATULATIONS ROLAND" !!!
TOTALLY TOASTED, and theres Still Unused, Uncooked Medicine in the bowl !

Last edited:
Okla68,

Kimosabe

Thank you Yogurtsauce.
pic

"something went wrong please contact administratror" messages not withstanding.'
rven the above photo returned that message. later, I checked the preview and the picture was there

Kimosabe,

mulciber

I tried a loose half-filling today and performance was outstanding. In fact, a half-full crucible at low temperature seems about ideal in most cases. I'm not sure the basket was ever necessary, but I'm still exploring. I should add that filling the bowl to the max allows you to keep the airpath a bit cleaner, so half-filling will affect the cleaning regimen a bit. Still, works fine.

Last edited:

Okla68

An FYI....When cleaning the Diffuser Disc, besides the obvious Needle for the holes, Ive found dipping some thread into Everclear, wrapping around the slot under the disc, pulling back and forth cleans the Reclaim from under the Disc and Holes...And....Ive also changed my mind about Pristine Cleanliness being required for Top Performance. I can do half a dozen bowls with just a Brushout before I become concerned with clogging or bad sealing, seems....FYI !

Last edited:
Top Bottom