AirScapes Storage Containers: defeat Air/Oxygen & Light, the Enemies

ejackyou

Hamilton
'Airscape'
For those looking for the ultimate storage solution for Your stash!
Available in stainless or Ceramic in attractive colours.
Have used My two, for over ten years, still perform flawlessly
Just throw in a 'Boveda', compress, add the second lid, your good for Months!
They even make an 'Airscape' Bucket Insert, to convert any standard 3-7 gal. pail!
Cheap at the Price!

www.planetarydesign.com

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
These are very interesting and not terribly expensive since it’s not marketed to stoners. Thanks for posting this product, bonus points awarded! This is going on my Christmas list because I’ve been good this year.

The cvault I hoped would last for ten years started leaking smell in <2yrs. Then I discovered their warranty is only ONE year, lol! I believe the silicone seal shrinks over time & I’ll never buy a clamp or clip type container again, lesson learned. The AirScape avoids those deficiencies but keeps the SS durability. SOLD!

EDIT: holy shit, I just realised that the inner lid can go down as the contents are used! Not sure how I missed this before. That would really help the boveda/integra pack & oxygen absorbers do their jobs and last longer since they wouldn’t have to work harder as the content level drops.

Those bucket lids would be kick-ass for the grower during harvest, trimming & curing phase imo!

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
'Airscape'
For those looking for the ultimate storage solution for Your stash!
Available in stainless or Ceramic in attractive colours.
Have used My two, for over ten years, still perform flawlessly
Just throw in a 'Boveda', compress, add the second lid, your good for Months!
They even make an 'Airscape' Bucket Insert, to convert any standard 3-7 gal. pail!
Cheap at the Price!

www.planetarydesign.com
Very cool! They should make some even smaller ones for us cannabis users though :) ... could use some 1/4oz and 1/2oz sizes too (the small is about a 1oz size?)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I saw a AirScape pot leaf variant on Amazon, still the small 4” tall ones tho. I generally will get an ounce and then move through a series of jars and jyarz to keep the oxygen level lower. The great thing about this is the lid goes down so I wouldn’t have to transfer material as I vape it up. Having said that, if they made a .5 oz xtra small size, I’d scoop a small and a XS at least. Probably more because my personal goal atm is to build a decent stash with varying amounts of good herb, of course that requires more frequent re-ups and good storage containers. That would fill the void of a larger size that’s missing in the Jyarz range.

The AirScape folks are from Missoula Montana, which makes me like them even more. @JCat if we asked, I wonder if they would consider it or just say “but the lid makes it any size”? Which is true, except stoners need lots of storage solutions in this golden age & if they make it, it would sell. No doubt. IMO. Of course.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I did too, lol! They’ll be thinking “Who is this cannabis trend-setter in Hamilton Ontario that’s putting us on the map with these Combustion Fucking vaporists?! He must be one of those YouTube video stars!”

EDIT: Tbh, I think if this thread were to gain some traction, Planetary Design could do quite well selling their AirScape line to the FC board members, especially if they added a size or two. I think about the word-of-mouth sales around Jyarz and CVault, and wonder how PD hasn’t been in this conversation? Although I did have a CVault already, I didn’t know Jyarz at all until finding FC; I think @ejackyou just introduced them into the conversation. I’m sure glad he did.

I’m not dissing Aldo, I love Jyarz and will always want more because they’re freakin’ awesome. But most Jyarz lovers will say they wish they had a bigger size or two. Enter the AirScape! I just think the cannabis pie is big enough to support a few good storage solutions just like there seems to be enough to go around in the vaporizer industry. I’m just saying...

One last stoned thought: I also noticed they customise! Can you imagine an FC logo variant?! :brow:

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@ejackyou As the thread’s creator, what do you think of asking the mods to change its title? I’m only suggesting it because I think “AirScapes Storage Containers” or “AirScapes from Planetary Design” might draw more interest and clicks in the Vape Related Equipment section. People would then know it’s a product thread rather than maybe a misplaced general vaporization discussion topic.

I clicked because I saw you were a new member and honestly I expected it to be just that, a misplaced discussion topic with what you had to say on the subject. I’m always ready to learn, but I was really excited to see it was an existing line of killer products (imo) that I had never heard of before!

So give it some thought and if you want to, DM either @Stu or @pakalolo and they can do it at their leisure. So you know: our mods are sweethearts, especially to new members, IME. I’ve seen mean mods in other unrelated forums but FC’s #1 rule is be nice so don’t be scared to ask or make a mistake around here. :tup:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@ejackyou As the thread’s creator, what do you think of asking the mods to change its title? I’m only suggesting it because I think “AirScapes Storage Containers” or “AirScapes from Planetary Design” might draw more interest and clicks in the Vape Related Equipment section. People would then know it’s a product thread rather than maybe a misplaced general vaporization discussion topic.

I clicked because I saw you were a new member and honestly I expected it to be just that, a misplaced discussion topic with what you had to say on the subject. I’m always ready to learn, but I was really excited to see it was an existing line of killer products (imo) that I had never heard of before!

So give it some thought and if you want to, DM either @Stu or @pakalolo and they can do it at their leisure. So you know: our mods are sweethearts, especially to new members, IME. I’ve seen mean mods in other unrelated forums but FC’s #1 rule is be nice so don’t be scared to ask or make a mistake around here. :tup:

Good suggestion, title changed.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So I got a reply from Planetary Design, thought I would share it with y’all:

I appreciate your input and passed it along to our production manager. Thought you would be interested in hearing his response:

"Thanks for passing this along Bob – definitely nice to know that there’s more customer feedback from the cannabis community in regards to how our product fits that niche.

We are currently in the very early stages of having our engineering group look at the in’s and out’s of a smaller Airscape model. At this point, it would be safe to say that it will be some time before we have one in our hands.

Thanks for the feedback – it’s really awesome to see customers get excited about products that don’t exist yet!

Even though it’s not imminent, still pretty cool that they’re even exploring it already. Much nicer than “no way, no how!” or simply no reply at all. So I’m going to get a couple of small SS ones for now and think about a large!

pxl_jockey,
Reactions: Squiby

Skunkport

They're available from quite a few UK retailers and their french press coffee mugs seem pretty good too.

Top Bottom