Advice on a portable that doesn't smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

j man

I really want to buy a portable, but currently am holding off until the Ascent comes out. Thinking of goin ahead and buying one anyway for the wait. Im considering either the Pax or the upgraded/updated Da Vinci. what are your guys thoughts? I want something to fit in your pocket, get the job done, and also be stealthy concerning the smell (NO or little SMELL). battery life is also a concern, but it seems as the newer Da Vinci has addressed this issue

j man,

max

Out to lunch
j man said:
also be stealthy concerning the smell (NO or little SMELL)
There's really very little difference between portables in this respect. The user determines how much smell there is by controlling the amount of vapor exhaled and keeping the vape clean. Those two factors are much more important than the vape design.

You're free to start your own Ask FC thread. Responses here should be for the thread starter.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There's really very little difference between portables in this respect. The user determines how much smell there is by controlling the amount of vapor exhaled and keeping the vape clean. Those two factors are much more important than the vape design.

You're free to start your own Ask FC thread. Responses here should be for the thread starter.

I have to disagree here. The design makes a lot of difference. A device like the Pax is always heating the load and therefore gets pretty smelly in a hurry. A device like the MFLB only heats on demand.

Thread created.

pakalolo,
Reactions: elevation

OO

Technical Skeptical
Don't want smell? use water cure, there's no other practical way around it.

OO,

max

Out to lunch
I have to disagree here. The design makes a lot of difference. A device like the Pax is always heating the load and therefore gets pretty smelly in a hurry. A device like the MFLB only heats on demand.

Thread created.
The major determination of odor is still up to the user IMO. I've used enclosed heating chambers as well as the LB, and that one has smelled as much as any for me, if not more, if it's not clean.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The major determination of odor is still up to the user IMO. I've used enclosed heating chambers as well as the LB, and that one has smelled as much as any for me, if not more, if it's not clean.

My LB doesn't smell much at all, but I've always dried my material thoroughly. Damp weed will make your LB smell for sure. Having said that, there's no comparison to a Pax that has been on for a while. It's not even close. If you're turning it on for a second round on a load, the Pax absolutely reeks to the point where I (and others) find it offensive. It no longer has that fresh weed aroma, it just stinks of ABV. Plenty of stories in the Pax thread of people with the same experience.

I can't see how any device that continuously heats the load can be discreet in terms of odour. The smell given off by heating will always be stronger than residual smell from a dirty device simply because heating creates convection currents that will inevitably circulate and distribute the odour.

lookhigh

FC member
I wanted to know is there much difference in the smell of portable vapes. I know the MLFB is very low odour but im more interested in the newer ones.

mod note: Merged into the right thread.

lookhigh,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom