A sad story along with some questions about a new vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsai006

My Da Buddah vaporizer is no more. :(. My mother found it and threw it out. I live at home during the summers in between school years, so I do have to abide by her nazi ways. I loved the da Buddah. I owned it for two years and it served me very well.
1) is there a sales thread where people sell used vapes here ?
2) if I can't find a good used vape, I guess I'll have to man up and spend another 200 on one. Should I get another da buddah? I liked it a lot but other vaporizers could be just as good for all I know. I tried the extreme q and enjoyed it. What do you all suggest around the 200 range? I don't have much more to spend as I'm saving for university.

bonsai006,
Sorry to hear about your loss ... but you gotta respect your parents ways when you are in their house.

There is classifieds section, see here. As far as what vape to get, you should have a look at some of the threads on here and find something that is right for you. Personally I replaced my DBV with an Underdog and couldn't be happier.

Rename Rev Ye Us,

METHODOLOLGICAL

my mom threw out my bong a few months ago :(

150$ thick glass 7mm with ashcatcher a foot tall or so mebe a bit more

METHODOLOLGICAL,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would say that a log vape would be a good option for you. If you are looking to go stealth and not raise any eyebrows it is really the way to go. You can also diffuse oils in it, and use it as a hand warmer on cold nights. They are also reasonably sized as well and can take a beating if needed.

Look into the UD, HI/TT, used PD, CRZ, etc...

also, there is a UD in the classifieds currently for $100 that I would check out!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/underdog-silver-maple-100.6659/#post-256689

Elluzion,

AndrewD14

Vaporizer Professor
Based on the fact that there is a possibility of getting your vape found and thrown away, I would not recommend getting a large, easy-to-find desktop vape. Based on these assumptions I would fo for a MFLB, which will set you back about $120 and is extremely portable and easy to hide with the addition of being able to produce great vapor (Although I will admit it is not as good as most desktop vapes and is somewhat breakable). Another portable vape that has been getting a lot of good revies is the Pax. If this vape creates a vapor as nice as it looks, then you should be well off. Unfortunately, I have never used the Pax so I can't say for sure, but it will set you back about $250, which seems expensive for a portable vape.

As for the desktop vapes, I would recommend the Arizer Extreme. It as both a bag and a whip delivery system which is great for social vaping. I only have used it a handful of times, but I was blown away by the versatility and it's 'WOW' factor. You can get this from eBay for $175 from a reputable seller who honors the warranty. As a bonus, you also get a grinder and 2 extra balloons. Here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-ARIZER...ltDomain_0&hash=item4603646037#ht_1809wt_1141

The DBV is said to be one of the most inefficient vaporizers out there also, but many consider it worthwhile for the thick vapor hits they can get. So the EQ will save you money in the long run with saved bud. The most efficient vapes are typically log vapes though. Anyway, I am sure whatever you choose to get you will be happy with. Now it's time to decide which vape *I* want ;)

AndrewD14,

Nycdeisel

I have had a MFLB for a while, i got a newer one about a year ago through warranty, then just early this month i purchased a brand new MFLB, right before i took a trip with my family, just a summer vacation, and it was perfect for all those seemingly inconvenient places, like outside in nature, out in the town, even in the car ride back(a few hours) and its so tiny it fits in the palm of your hand, and is so stealth. I wouldnt suggest using it in risky places like these until you have had much experience with it though, since you want to practice to not go too hot as to accidentally combust, or to exhale a big old hit where lets just say it wouldnt look good, etc. Overall its a very nice vaporizer that is high quality, not overly expensive and very reliable as long as you keep your batteries in good shape(a Maha/Powerex MH C9000 charger is the best if you would like to upgrade.

You can keep pretty much everything you need for it in a case that is around the size of a sunglasses case. I believe it would work quite well in your situation. However keep in mind there are others I would recommend.

another pretty stealthy unit, one that also has multiple functions, is the RockZap. The Zap is a log type vaporizer, which is fixed temp, though Variable Voltage Power Supplies are now available with them at purchase from the site, it is around the size of a soda can and fits neatly on just about any surface. It has no switches, controls, texts, or anything that indicates ANYTHING. The bowl area is completely separate, so when the unit stands along, it is always completely legally clean, its only the stem(aka vapor tube), which holds the bowl piece, that becomes dirty, and any glass water pipes in the vapor path of course ;) The zap stems are very easy to clean with a little bit of iso alcohol.
Oh, and the other feature it has, besides the stems being able to fit directly into a 14mm joint for vapor bonging, is that it is an aromatherapy device which you can use essential oils with. Essential oils have a lot of uses(like making a all natural, non irritating room spray or body 'perfume', or for topical use when diluted with a natural carrier oil like virgin coconut oil or sweet almond oil) but with the zap comes a small copper cup that you can drop the oils into, and i usually put in a few different types of oil at once in a combination blend but you can use one or more in a blend, and the cup sits on top of the heat port(obviously you can not use it as an herbal vape when it is being used like this) and heats the oils and a wispy vapor comes up from the cup and it is very therapeutic and it smells awesome! and very strong too, depending how long you leave it on, and how much oil and what kinds you put in. It adds a whole other fun aspect to this vape, and if anybody asks you can simply tell them its for use with these bottles of essential oils that smell really good and have different effects :)

I have had a lot of experience with both of these vapes and would highly suggest both of them (together if you can afford it :p)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nycdiesel, a RockZap is no longer an option. See Rick's thread for the disturbing story. He'd already decided to retire but there was a plan to pass the torch. Sadly, this looks unlikely for now.

pakalolo,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I agree with the portable suggestion, but i think stealth is not your main concern. And since you will be lacking a proper desktop vaporizer, i would get a Solo or a DaVinci.

Something that will not make you miss the DaBudha in terms of big hits.

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom