lwien

Ok, I thought about this a few times before posting this because the last thing I wanted this thread to turn into was one of trying to explain the reasons and catalyst behind this event, so if possible, if we can leave that for another time and place but instead, focus on the tragedy of it all and how some delt with that tragedy.

There's been program after program on TV today dealing with this issue, and quite frankly, I'm kind of burned out from it all. I shed a lot of tears on that day, but today, I didn't shed a one, even while watching some of the current programming on TV. No tears until............I read this and went through the pictures in this link, so I just thought I'd share a bit of Masai culture with you and what they shared with us:
http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn...-911-an-unexpected-gift-to-america/?hpt=hp_t1

Picture #7, after reading the captions of the previous pics, is what really opened the flood gates for me and I sincerely hope it touches you as well.......

lwien,

weedemon

enthusiast
sorry if this is insensitive and if anyone on this forum knows anyone who dies in the tragedy. but it was 10 years ago... not gonna get int the BS about our own government or anything. i don't wanna talk about it. it just makes me mad!

i wouldn't have remembered the significance had the media not blasted it in my face at every chance.

#7 is a nice pic though! i think that's very kind of them. it's the thought that counts on this one :p

weedemon,

lwien

weedemon said:
#7 is a nice pic though! i think that's very kind of them. it's the thought that counts on this one :p

Yup. It's humanity in one part of the world extending a helping and caring, compassionate hand to another piece of humanity in another part of the world while being totally separated not only in distance, but in culture as well. Anytime I see that happening, in ANY part of the world, done by anyone, to anyone, it kinda touches the soul, eh? At least it does for me.

lwien,

crawdad

floatin
lwien said:
weedemon said:

Yup. It's humanity in one part of the world extending a helping and caring, compassionate hand to another piece of humanity in another part of the world while being totally separated not only in distance, but in culture as well. Anytime I see that happening, in ANY part of the world, done by anyone, to anyone, it kinda touches the soul, eh? At least it does for me.

very much so. :peace:

crawdad,
Top Bottom