90 degree connectors?

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
I had a brief conversation going in the EVO thread, but didn't want to clutter it up. Anyone have a good source/link to 90 degree connectors? I'm specifically looking for 18mm M to F, or M to M if I can't find those. I've scoured dhgate and most online retailers, but can't seem to find them for sale.

Semi-related, if anyone knows of a good glass shop in the San Diego area, please let me know know! I've been unsuccessful at locating somewhere with good products and customer service.

howie105

I had a brief conversation going in the EVO thread, but didn't want to clutter it up. Anyone have a good source/link to 90 degree connectors? I'm specifically looking for 18mm M to F, or M to M if I can't find those. I've scoured dhgate and most online retailers, but can't seem to find them for sale.

Semi-related, if anyone knows of a good glass shop in the San Diego area, please let me know know! I've been unsuccessful at locating somewhere with good products and customer service.

Talk to this guy https://www.oregonglassblower.com/18-18mm-ADAPTERS_c8.htm he is known for adaptability.

MoltenTiger

I'd go with made to order rather than off the shelf.

Off the shelf (lab grade) quality adapters are very expensive, the DHgate stuff is only fine if it suits your needs. They have a fairly limited selection, and I don't recall seeing 90 degree adapters. And I would nearly guarantee that it wouldn't be perfectly right angle.

You will get much nicer quality from using factory joints from Germany/US than China anyway. You can feel and see the difference for one thing.
But also, many glass blowers have access to this stuff for fairly cheap. OGB is the FC go to, but there would be hundreds of potentials in CA too.

For vaping, you might as well get the quality of lab glass just without the volumetric precision. The precision is nearly all the cost with lab glass, but premium joints are nice, especially male joints where you actually come into contact with the ground glass

edit OGB has something close 14mm male to male 90 degree adapter, for reference

Depending on what you're trying to do, you could customise the dimensions with a made to order option too

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@MothChewMoth definitely do yourself a favour and email Mike at https://oregonglassblower.com

His work quality is top quality and well known here, recommended by many respected members. No not including myself, I mean members that are truly respected! He’s so easy to work with and he can absolutely make anything you might need. I saw the photo of this hack in the evo thread and immediately thought of OGB. If I were putting this together and wanted it to last, I would have Mike make the pieces.

His prices aren’t going to be comparable with the Gate, but fortunately the glass won’t be either. Considering the quality, his prices are reasonable and damn good value for money. I got a few accessories from him recently and man, he really took care of me. I’m putting another list together to order later on because after receiving the stuff, I realised that it’s worth every penny for anything I regularly use.

Alternatively, you can find blowers of scientific lab glass online and they will make anything you want. But I have no idea how much custom work is. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your contraption!

Phenix

What is the right place to look into for EUropeans?
I could need a 18mm 45 degree adapter :)

Phenix,

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire

Phenix

Thanks! Tough I need 45 degree; I want to get a beaker and need the joint to be straight, else I would use a (recycling!?) ash catcher, which might kill too much flavor?

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
Thanks! Tough I need 45 degree; I want to get a beaker and need the joint to be straight, else I would use a (recycling!?) ash catcher, which might kill too much flavor?
I can reads gud, lol.

Actually I found a ton of 45 degree pieces on dhgate, but really had trouble with the 90. If you search 45 degree adapter on some of the glass stores, you should find plenty.

O-G-Reg

I too am building that evo claw hack.

Scoured the Internet and could only find the 90s on DHgate or OGB which imo are the extremes in terms of quality/price.

I’d like something half way. I don’t care where the glass comes from but I do very much prefer some sort of middleman company to make sure the joints are good and its true 90.... no luck yet.

I will be using Stevenlmz’s cloud buddy as the spine of the claw. I will add a 18mm f2m adapter to the male and far female joints +2 plastic keck clips which should allow for rotation.

Below i have a pic of the cloud buddy (which comes as a 2-pack) and a talentless sketch of what I’m building. The 90 adapters would have the ends that are not kecked facing downward into the paper. Hopefully the carb will be ok horizontal.
194-C3-F56-F768-46-A9-8-D43-B95775-BD9-F70.jpg

EAA8-EDBF-AE55-47-B8-B95-C-9419-AF261-DC9.jpg

I’ll report back in about a month when its assembled and tested.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
www.GlassblowersDirect.com out of Southern California has a bunch of stuff plus does customizations. They repaired a hydrotube for me. I really like their Assassins Necktie as my travel glass. It goes with everything.

O-G-Reg

www.GlassblowersDirect.com out of Southern California has a bunch of stuff plus does customizations. They repaired a hydrotube for me. I really like their Assassins Necktie as my travel glass. It goes with everything.
Thanks for the link! I checked them before actually but they didn’t have em, OGB doesn’t either?! On your suggestion I emailed them asking for pricing. I’ll postback here when they respond but im Guessing 15 usd each.

OyVape

For what it's worth, I got one at my local head shop. Maybe you can find one.

OyVape,
Top Bottom