7th floor orders, shipping, support...

JohnDoeHoe22

I'd be happy they even ship to you. Be a little more patient. Well I'm glad you've got your stuff and are now enjoying it. I'm going to be ordering a black DBV very soon, I hope I have no problems.

JohnDoeHoe22,

bladegroupx

Well I decided to try this out as well. I ordered my SSV on March 24th (last Tuesday) and I have yet to receive a shipping notification. I have a feeling my order will take about 1-2 weeks before I see it.

I don't have a problem with any of that though. I figured they are backed up. I guess patience is the main key here.

bladegroupx,

JohnDoeHoe22

On the site they say they're backordered til April 09, 2009. So I'd say you'll get it around then.

Anyone know if the DBV's are backordered?

Thanks.

JohnDoeHoe22,

bladegroupx

Ahh. Well that must be new to this week. It wasn't on there when I ordered mine. I even have been on the site for a couple of days. So they must have just updated it.

Oh well. I still think mine will come around the date posted. No big deal. I'll post updates as it goes to help give others a better idea of order to ship to receive time.

bladegroupx,

tokinGLX

bladegroupx said:
Well I decided to try this out as well. I ordered my SSV on March 24th (last Tuesday) and I have yet to receive a shipping notification. I have a feeling my order will take about 1-2 weeks before I see it.
i would call them asap if i were you. recently they have been pretty horrible with their order confirmation process, but when you call them it gets handled almost instantly.

tokinGLX,

bladegroupx

tokinGLX said:
bladegroupx said:
i would call them asap if i were you. recently they have been pretty horrible with their order confirmation process, but when you call them it gets handled almost instantly.
Well I called them today based off of your reply. They said it hasn't been shipped yet. The guy also mentioned that the other day they had a huge snow storm and it has caused some delays.

When I called the guy, he was very quick to look up my order information to see whats up. He said everything looked okay but it hasn't shipped yet. He said he was thinking it was being delayed because of the free bag they give you. I told him if the device wasn't shipped with the bag I wouldn't care.

He took down my information to give me a call later to officially see what's up from the shipping department.

bladegroupx,

bladegroupx

7th Floor gave me a call back about an hour ago or so. The guy I talked to earlier just wanted to tell me that he talked with the shipping people and that it would be sent out today.

Shortly after I received a confirmation saying my order has been shipped already. I was confused though because the email I received said that it was already shipped today and that they tried to deliver it. It also had the wrong shipping address. The email was a reply though from a previous attempt at me trying to contact them. So I think the person just wrote down the incorrect information. Plus I paid for 3 day shipping and it said it was being sent USPS and not UPS.

I promptly called them and asked about it and if I could upgrade my shipping to second day. The person over the phone said it would not be a problem.

bladegroupx,

NoSmoke

man 7th floor make awesome vapes, i mean awesome. But what could be the downfall to this company is their QC, they really need to step it up cause i dont want to see this product dissapear.

NoSmoke,

lwien

NoSmoke said:
man 7th floor make awesome vapes, i mean awesome. But what could be the downfall to this company is their QC, they really need to step it up cause i dont want to see this product dissapear.
Yup. Besides these admin errors I've also seen an increase in reports of some faulty units, things like temp controls not holding steady, to broken heater elements broken in shipping, to units just failing to turn on. Not a lot, mind you, but lately, a bit more than usual.

Looks like they're just going through some growing pains due to the increased popularity of their products, but it's how they handle these growing pains that can prove to be a boon or a bust. It's great that they are responsive when you call them, but not answering their emails is NOT a good thing. Communication, ESPECIALLY during these kinds of growing pains is paramount, and should be one of their top priorities.

They make some of the best vapes on the planet, but manufacturing a good vape and running a business are two different things. I really hope that they can work through this, because I've seen some companies that produce a really great product, fail.

Some companies just allow themselves to grow too fast.

Hope 7th floor learns from all this and really pulls it together, for if they do, they'll come out the other side REALLY strong.

lwien,

bladegroupx

Well, I emailed 7th floor three times so far and also have received responses to all of them. Each I would agree to be an acceptable response time. I even changed my shipping method last minute which it did ship the quicker method I changed it to. I'm usually in no rush to get something like this. I decided however to make a last minute decision to go back to my home town. So I wouldn't be able to accept the package for a week because I wasn't home.

So I'm not sure if they have started to change their approach on things or what. I mean so far I would say they have great customer service. With prompt response times both over the phone with call backs and e-mail's with responses I received.

I will test the quality control once it get's here. :lol::lol::lol:

bladegroupx,

max

Out to lunch
Well, I emailed 7th floor three times so far and also have received responses to all of them.
Hopefully, they've turned the corner on email response, which has been really hit and miss for the longest time.

lwien is right about good vape making and good business practices being two different things. Even with crappy service, 7th Floor isn't going to go out of business, but it will eventually hurt them if they don't get it together. Their custom glass sales in particular could really suffer if someone who does good work decides to provide quality aternatives.

max,

Beezleb

Their customer service has reportedly been pretty much been hit or miss. For what it is worth, I see more positive reviews than negative ones.

I can say in the several dealings I have had with 7th floor I only had one issue in which I did not receive an extra pack of screens I ordered. On another order I had made an error and I called them and it was corrected.

I would likely make any future purchases from Tolken's shop for 7th floor products.

Beezleb,

lwien

Yup, many times, when a manufacturing business gets to a certain size, the best thing that they can do is to dump their sales, marketing and distribution to an outside source allowing them to concentrate on what they do best.......and in this case, it would be building and creating vaporizors.

Sounds like 7th floor is kinda feeling this out. It's fun to watch a young company grow. Been involved with a few............

lwien,

JohnnyL

I've had my DBV for 4 months now and I wanted to buy a couple of accessories. I used the online 7th floor DBV site and ordered some screens, 20ft of tubing, a new spare wand set up and a ice chamber down stem to turn my little zinger into a IC unit. The site asks for a measurement on the stem length and I did my best and gave them a "guesstimate" and the color I'd like. Later that same night I kept thinking my lengths were off so I emailed the site and explained how and what I was measuring. I asked if they could tell me what I should be looking for and I would get right back to them. This was on 2/24/10 and I never heard a response since then. I did get a customer confirmation number and item list but no other info. I sent another email on 3/3/10 letting them know that since I've gotten no reply that they must understand what I'm talking about. I fully understand that quality stuff takes time and some shit just runs out of stock but I hate being left in the dark. My order is coming priority mail and that's an easy 5-9 days but most of the online vap stores I've dealt with always kept me updated on the status of my order. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with ordering from 7th floor and how it was resolved.

JohnnyL,

Beezleb

I have for a bit of time have been advising people to use a more customer service oriented company like one of the retailers in our trusty thread.

The prices are not also the same but if you select some vendors they will give you a discount on top of the price for being an FC.com member. Look at the thread for the codes.

For custom glass pieces for the DBV and SSV I would normally say to go through Tokins shop but email and speak to him first as to best understand what you want.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom