7th floor orders, shipping, support...

kea

Hi,
I've ordered a DBV from the official site 10 days ago. I've received the order confirmation, but since that, nothing. I've send emails to customercare (at) dabuddhavaporizer.com and customercare (at) 7thfloor.biz, but they don't answer.

So, I was wondering if anybody have had this kind of experience from 7th floor. Do they usually have long delays? Do they ever answer an email? Do they send notification when the order has been shipped? Is there any other address to contact them?
Also, I'm in France, so what about overseas shipping? Is it long? Problematic?

10 days without any information, I'm getting worried :(

kea,

jklasd

my experience with the emails are terrible with the company, only have i believe 3 or 4 did they respond and ive seen other people complain about emails as well. if you want to talk to them, calling is your best bet, but remember they are pacific time(i believe), so keep that in mind when you call.
overseas shippin is bound to take a while, im not sure the standard though. did you not get a tracking number with the confirmation email? i would hoenstly call.
but i would not be worried. it will be there. i dont think i read a problem with someone not getting their vape from them, as bad as they are at answering emails.

jklasd,

kea

Nope, I didn't get any tracking number, because the only email I got was an order confirmation, not a shipping notification. As far as I know, it still hasn't been shipped.
Anyway, thanks for your answer. I'll try calling them.

kea,

Beezleb

Dang, the twice I ordered from 7th floor they were quick on the order confirmation and shipping information once it shipped. I second the calling them and verifying everything and getting shipping information.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
You should really call them kea. They are not good about answering emails. I don't know what the problem is. I've experienced it myself. They do really try to give good customer svc., but the company has grown so much so fast that it's all they can do to try and keep filling orders. Getting Steve or Tina on the phone will get you the best info and results.

max,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
I ordered some spare parts from them and they forgot to ship them. I emailed about a weeks and a half later. No response, but they shipped the package the next day. Apparently they are swamped right now.

KeepCalm,

kea

Thank you all for your answers. It's a nice place you've got here, I've just subscribed and already feel the good vibes going around this forum :)
I called them. I ordered some custom parts, and they had trouble with it. Damn! I should have just got the dbv first and spare parts later! Maybe I'll ask them to send the dbv alone, spare parts later and negociate some kind of deal :)

kea,

Beezleb

Bummer, at least you now know what the issue is.

Yours is not the first order I have seen have issues with their custom stuff and communication thanks for updating.

Good choice in your vaporizer. I love my DBV.

Beezleb,

kea

Someone finally answered one of my email to tell me that:
the guy who did the orders and relied to customer inquiries was let go and having to train someone takes a minute.... not to mention we have increased in business like crazy the last couple of months!!!!!
Since then, I've been calling them almost everyday. So first, they didn't have the glass pieces I've ordered anymore. So, they blew new ones, and sent me photos (completely different colors, but anyway). I said okay, and when I called 2 days later, they had misplaced the glass knob. They proposed to send me the dbv and mouthpiece alone while they were blewing a new knob. YES PLEASE!!!
Today, I call them to get the tracking number, and they tell me it has been sent to the wrong address. EPIC FAIL!!! Can you believe that?
Worst support ever! Either they should stop using they're own product so much, or they really need to hire more people!

kea,

MiahX

kea, did you get everything straightened out now? Which color DBV did you order?

I hear the black ones are out of stock.

MiahX,

max

Out to lunch
they really need to hire more people!
They did, and that's a big part of the problem. :lol: This company went from just Steve and his sister Tina (plus one employee) in early '06, to an additional dozen or so employees by last fall. To some of these workers, it's just a low paid job, and their dedication is somewhat lacking.

kea, I'd say your order was a perfect example of Murphy's Law, where everything that could go wrong, did. It's a good thing for 7th Floor that they have such good products. If they were making box vapes, the competition would kill 'em. They really do want to give good service, so we'll just have to hope that they eventually get their shit together.

They had all the black ones because of a vendor mistake. They may not have it available anymore in the future. I guess it'll depend on demand.

max,

wutgwon

I ordered a Black Buddha a few weeks back and still waiting for it to arrive also. I'm in eastern Canada, so it's probably stuck in customs!!!:mad:

But after reading this, I might call to see if they even shipped it yet, seeing as I only received an order confirmation without any shipping info. I'm just so anxious to get my hands on the damn thing!!!

wutgwon,

kea

kea, I'd say your order was a perfect example of Murphy's Law, where everything that could go wrong, did.
Well, I was willing to believe that, but things aren't getting any better. Now, it seems they don't know how to make an international shipping. My order (the dbv alone, glass pieces still not ready) has been ready to send for a week, but it still there, and UPS doesn't want to send it to my place (???). I'm calling 2 to 3 times a day now.

Which color DBV did you order?
I did order a black one, but they told me nothing about them being out of stock. As far as I know, there's one in a package with my name on it. If I ever receive a grey one, I won't be surprised...

I ordered a Black Buddha a few weeks back and still waiting for it to arrive also. I'm in eastern Canada, so it's probably stuck in customs!!!
I hope for you it stuck in custom, but maybe it still hasn't been sent. You should call Haley and ask her you're tracking number.

kea,

max

Out to lunch
Well, I was willing to believe that, but things aren't getting any better. Now, it seems they don't know how to make an international shipping. My order (the dbv alone, glass pieces still not ready) has been ready to send for a week, but it still there, and UPS doesn't want to send it to my place (???). I'm calling 2 to 3 times a day now.
That's probably more a problem with UPS than 7th Floor. IMO they should be using postal delivery instead of UPS.

max,

kea

It has finally been sent! :)
Adam, the shipping overseer, was away in january and came back. He wrote me to apology and explain that they "are a growing company that is in a period of transition and restructuring" and that they "are always attempting to streamline our processes and one of our new procedures is an automation program for our USPS shipments, and evidently it was acting up"
So we can hope that it will get better. Now, I'll see how they handle the glass pieces (which hasn't been sent yet, but I don't mind). I'll keep you informed how it goes.

kea,

wutgwon

kea said:
wutgwon said:
I ordered a Black Buddha a few weeks back and still waiting for it to arrive also. I'm in eastern Canada, so it's probably stuck in customs!!!
I hope for you it stuck in custom, but maybe it still hasn't been sent. You should call Haley and ask her you're tracking number.
Well, here's the deal. I called 7th Floor today to ask for my shipping info, but had to re-place my order instead! :(

Apparently, the guy who handled the shipping duties recently quit and, lucky me, my order somehow fell through the cracks.

So now they say it will be shipped out tomorrow, and they will give me a call with my tracking number.

wutgwon,

tokinGLX

to address some concerns.

as max noted, this is a company that used to be a very small time operation into a very busy operation with an ever growing number of employees.

tho they have the best intentions, i think they just get in over their head sometimes and then work their way out, prioritizing people the best that they can.

as for the black buddhas, new shipments are coming in, but damn those things are hot!
i cant hold on to them for more than a couple days.
head shops are starting to place big orders for the black buddhas and that makes it a little tougher for minor distributers and regular customers to get ahold of them, but they are available to the patient.
(':

tokinGLX,

MiahX

Just a quick note to say I got my Black Buddha today.

Thanks to tokinGLX, this guy is the real deal, talk to him before you buy!

MiahX,

kea

I got my black Da Buddha yesterday :D :ko:

still waiting for the glass pieces though...

kea,

wutgwon

My Buddha got shipped out on Tuesday, so I'll probably be getting it sometime next week. Can't wait!!!:D

wutgwon,

wutgwon

I'm officially VAKED!!! Different than a combustion-buzz, but in a good way!!! :D

PS: Customs tagged me an extra $45, bastards!!! Ah well, it was worth it.

wutgwon,

marcuss

above the clouds
wutgwon said:
I'm officially VAKED!!! Different than a combustion-buzz, but in a good way!!! :D

PS: Customs tagged me an extra $45, bastards!!! Ah well, it was worth it.
bloody bastards....are you european?

marcuss,

kea

I forgot to tell you I received the glass pieces 2 weeks ago. They told me on the phone the would send an extra wand, but they didn't. I also asked if I could order an ice chamber and have all the glass pieces assorted, but they didn't answer that, they just sent me what I originally ordered. So in the end, after all the delays and daily phone calls, all I had for my trouble was a grinder. Too bad I already have (a better) one.
So, in the end, the product is great, the glass pieces are beautiful and the support sucks. I really hope it will get better.

And I was lucky with the customs, they didn't charge me anything. The paper on the glass pieces package stated : "candle holder". :D

kea,
Top Bottom