710 coils

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
YOU need all combinations I guess! ;)

Perhaps a clear 30mm banger + 30mm opaque inserts + 30 mm axial coil + 30mm bubble cap first? Sounds reasonable for your kind of dabbing I believe. Don't forget the coil clips and the quartz beads.
If you should like to test the performance of the larger dish of the 30mm you also can use the 30mm w/o inserts for first impressions although the opaque one shall be tastier in use w/o insert but inserts seem to work better with clear bangers.
And the opaque bangers/inserts shall need more efforts for cleaning.
After reading all about the pros and cons of the different setups it's my choice at least.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
After all I've read here that's the way when using inserts.
Clear for easy cleaning and best thermal transition to inserts.
Opaque for best taste when used directly with trates but with a bit worse cleaning properties.
And dish area of a 30 mm insert is nearly the same as the one of a 25 banger.

Just about ready to hop onboard the 710 coil train! Still unsure whether to go clear or opaque for my inserts? And can't decide between 25mm and 30mm for my .025-.05g max dabs! Shane I think i'm going to be ordering the motherload package!! ;)

PS. What dabbers are you guys using? Shane any plans to stock any?

I’ve been using the CCA flat dabber since I got it a couple years ago. Perfect for shatter, sauce, and batter. I like the fine tip that a titanium dabber provides. Before that, I had a Sherbet pencil.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker i would recommend opaque. It’s can get dirty easier. But it also brings out the flavor of your dabs much more than the clear does. I have pretty much only been using opaque for that reason. It spoils you over time =)
More 25 opaque will be up shortly and you could mix it up and go for the clear inserts. But I would still recommend the opaque =p
I also have dab tools being worked on.

@superdang9000 axial coils are about a week out and I made sure to order a decent amount this time. More colored quartz pi caps are also inbound. 10 colored sets so they should last for more than a day =)

@brucee10 i can’t help myself. I must continue to expand my selection of wares =p

More 25mm opaque will be available today hopefully within the next hour I will have them checked and live

Hope everyone is having a great day

Shane

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@710Coils I think you’re doing a nice job considering this is a brand new business kicking off. That it’s proving so popular with peeps in the know as word-of-mouth spreads is a freakin awesome problem considering that most startups struggle. I really like your sales philosophy, mainly not selling shit you don’t actually have and proudly standing behind each sale, which sadly sets 710Coils far apart from most cannabis-related retailers.

I got a suggestion for the shop though, when something is sold out, go ahead and leave the price on the product page but leave ordering disabled. That way, a potential customer still can budget and obsess over their future order when the products are replenished. Also, the VRod coil is still listed although sold out but other items disappear when sold out, like the colour bubble caps. Just little things I noticed... because I’ve done technical editing it’s like a curse. I can’t just read or look at something. :mental:

EDIT: Removed accidental “crazy” smilie by 710’s handle. I’m the one who is nuts.

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@pxl_jockey My site is going to get some work done on it soon. If you select a type of the product (Color or size) once you select those the price will surface again. My end game is to have a wordpress site built and migrate to it.

I really appreciate everyones help as I evolve =)

710Coils

Manufacturer
So I have had a few people hit me up and ask to pay ahead of time for stuff that’s out of stock. If you need to pay early and don’t mind waiting. I can send you an invoice to lock something down for you.

Just wanted to throw that out for the people that would prefer this =)

biohacker

More 25 opaque will be up shortly and you could mix it up and go for the clear inserts. But I would still recommend the opaque =p

What about Hogni's comments about Clear being the way to go for the banger and using opaque inserts? And at an average dab size of .025, do you think I should go 25 or 30? 30 due to inserts? Forgive my slow learning curve! :D

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker If you want to do small dabs on average. The 25mm would be better than the 30. The 30 is great, but will also blow you up if you are not ready for it. Where the 25mm is much more subtle compared to the 30mm. For the inserts. I would personally go with an opaque banger and get opaque inserts. The reason for this is because if you ever want to do a straight dab on the banger. You are good to go since its opaque. But the clear would work great if you wanted to mix things up. You will have the clear bottom banger for easy cleaning if you wanted to dab directly and using the opaque inserts would allow you to enjoy the opaque dabs when you dropped them in.

The main takeaway is the opaque gives you much more flavor and also vaporizes the dabs faster due to the tons of tiny bubbles trapped inside the opaque puck. They cause the heat to generate very evenly and so the dabs just vaporize much faster than the traditional clear quartz. This is incremental and would take comparison dabs to be able to really see it. So either way you go will be great =)

I dag directly and tend to do gluttonous dabs and so the 30mm opaque is great for me as I want to blow myself up and be able to power through my over sized dabs

Hope this helps =)

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

biohacker

Boy does it ever, and talk about quick response! Appreciated Shane! :rockon:

Perhaps i'll start with the 25, and allow the 30 to be my future VAS! :lol:

Curious though, why not use inserts? What are the downsides? I figured it would be a no brainer way to go for maintenance ease?

I’d much rather have a vape equipment shop that only sells product it has

JUST SAYING :lol:
@biohacker If you want to do small dabs on average. The 25mm would be better than the 30. The 30 is great, but will also blow you up if you are not ready for it. Where the 25mm is much more subtle compared to the 30mm. For the inserts. I would personally go with an opaque banger and get opaque inserts. The reason for this is because if you ever want to do a straight dab on the banger. You are good to go since its opaque. But the clear would work great if you wanted to mix things up. You will have the clear bottom banger for easy cleaning if you wanted to dab directly and using the opaque inserts would allow you to enjoy the opaque dabs when you dropped them in.

The main takeaway is the opaque gives you much more flavor and also vaporizes the dabs faster due to the tons of tiny bubbles trapped inside the opaque puck. They cause the heat to generate very evenly and so the dabs just vaporize much faster than the traditional clear quartz. This is incremental and would take comparison dabs to be able to really see it. So either way you go will be great =)

I dag directly and tend to do gluttonous dabs and so the 30mm opaque is great for me as I want to blow myself up and be able to power through my over sized dabs

Hope this helps =)

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

What’s an oversized dab, for context? I’m curious where the bigger dabbers are on these setups. A huge dab for me is like 0.25g.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker I am lazy and dont like waiting for the heat up and such. But I have used them and can appreciate what they bring to the table. Being able to watch a dab start to vaporize and hit that magic window. Pure flavor heaven. But I typically dont have the time for the drop and wait. So I end up with dual 30 opaques and my fatty dabs and as long as I clean up good. They stay clean =)

@scalescliffs I crush a gram of sauce pretty fast and so a 1/4 gram dab is not uncommon for me. Total dab pig =P This is where I find the 30mm to work great for my large and not in charge dabs =P

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker I havent seen anyone leave the insert in the banger. I have only seen them dropped in pre loaded and cold. But you could try it. Personally I would just dab straight on the banger and buy a second banger to always have a clean banger ready.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Maintenance on the quartz is very easy, dry swab, wet swab. When needed soak in ISO to break down resin, rinse then soak in simple green to degunk the carbon, scrub simple green with qtip and rinse, dry swab, done. Actually can be done in between sessions rather quick.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Wanted to give a follow up review to my 710Coil's set up, now that I've had a chance to run a few grams through it. Forgive me, it will be kind of rambling as I've been testing the equipment heavily today!

Long story short, I still love it and it's my favorite way to consume concentrates that I've tried so far.

I'm using a 30mm opaque with an axial coil, and have been having my Auber set to 525. I'm using different combinations of gemstones in the banger, and will touch more on that later in the post. I have to 2 clear inserts, and have experimented with those some, but don't like using an insert as much as just a the banger itself.

I've also had to increase the temp some when using an insert, I assume this is normal? Not using it as a drop in/up temp tech, just keeping it in the banger.

I like the idea of inserts, as they make cleaning easier and you don't have to take the coil off of the banger. But I do prefer just the banger itself. I like to move the bubble cap around fairly quickly, to get the gems moving, but it sometimes slides the insert around so the air slit isn't facing the neck of the banger any more. It seems the insert adds a bit of draw resistance, and I like having the extra surface area to get the gems moving.

I'm glad I got the 30mm over the 25mm, even though I don't do very big dabs. I don't weigh my dabs, but I'd assume my average dab is more in the 0.05 range. I like having that surface area to move the gemstones around. It's no issue with small dabs, but I have the head room for crazy globs if someone needs a punch to the face!

Cleaning:

Cleaning has been fairly easy and straight forward for me so far. I'm using a combo of both a Simple Green soak, and @ensabbahnur suggestion of a baking soda soak/scrub. While dabbing, I do a normal Qtip tech of swabbing after each dab. I usually use 2 qtips per dab, trying to get in between the gems as much as possible. I also do some swabs with damp qtips when gems aren't in the banger.

After the banger starts to get dirty and needs a deep clean, I soak it in some straight concentrated Simple Green. Hopefully overnight, but at least for a few hours. I do not have a candle warmer yet, but might pick one up soon. I know the heat would help speed up the process.

I did have something weird happen earlier though. I got some warm water and put my Simple Green soaking jar in it to simulate the heating process. The green color in the solution separated and floated to the top and the rest of the liquid was sort of cloudy. Once it got back to room temp, everything recombined and it's back to normal. Been using the same solution and it's still cleaning well. So some temp above what the candle warmer reach, causes some weird reactions in the Simple Green.

Back to the cleaning, after a soak in the SG, I pull it out and us a qtip to scrub the bottom and sides. I find the SG cleans the bottom of the opaque banger well, but I usually end up with a ring around the sides of the banger from the gem stones. That's where the baking soda really works for me.

I put a spoonful of baking soda into the banger, and just enough distilled water to make a paste. Then, just scrubbing with a qtip again, the ring around the banger comes up fairly easily. The banger is returned to like new condition without too much fuss.

I have a 2nd 30mm banger on the way to me soon. That way I can always have one soaking/already clean and ready to go.

Cleaning Gem Stones:

While you're qtipping your banger after each dab, make sure to make as much contact with the gems as possible to get them clean. I store mine in the little glass concentrate containers from dispensaries. After you pull them out of the banger, but while they're still warm, you can wipe them down with a doubled up piece of paper towel. This will help prolong the time between deep cleanings.

Once they're ready for a deep clean, I have a snack size ziplock bag full of baking soda and just enough distilled water to make it a very thick paste. Dump all your gems in the bag and let them soak for a little bit. After they've soaked, I just take them between my fingers in the bag and squeeze them. As they kind of pop out between my fingers, the pressure scrubs off the gunk. You can see the streak it leaves behind in the white baking soda. It's pretty crazy how well it works, the gems come out looking brand new.

Using Gem Stones:

I've been experimenting with different combinations of gems stones. I currently have:
-7, 5mm ruby and sapphire pearls
-2, 4mm ruby and sapphire pearls
-5, 3mm ruby nano pearls
-2 steam rollers
-3, 6mm quartz pearls
-3 8mm quartz pearls

I haven't even used the 3mm nano pearls yet. They're so damn small, I'm scared I'm going to lose them!

My favorite seems to be all of my 5mm and 4mm ruby and sapphire pearls in my 30mm banger. The steam rollers work, but I prefer the spheres. They have more room to fully move around.

The 8mm pearls seem a little large to me, but might try them out again sometime. I definitely prefer the look and function of the 6mm and smaller.

Also, I've found it's not important at all to get the pearls spinning at all. In fact, I prefer it when they don't spin. You just need to get them moving around. I'm using a Gordo GTR cap and can get the pearls to spin if I want. But I find spinning the pearls just causes oil to travel up the sides of the banger. If you just get the pearls rolling around the floor of the banger, that's all you need, and all you really want.

I have one of the new 30mm Quartz Pi caps coming my way soon, so curious to try it against the GTR and see which I prefer.

That's a long post, and I'm sure I'm still forgetting something I wanted to mention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom