420 2021 Sales

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
they do look different, true. but im a noob and i think how different can two glass hooks of the same length be?

Yeah, very different, it has an inner stem with cooling spikes, pretty complex configuration carefully made by hand... It is also fairly thick, colored glass, with a nice flat tapered mouthpiece... Customer support too in USA

Now don't get me wrong, I have some great DHgate glass, my inline honeycomb rig bubbler is thick and solid, however there can be limited options particularly for jayhooks, particularly for the mouthpieces... And yeah it can be difficult to find thick glass as well, reliable sellers, quick shipping, and you often can't get any additional cooling options.

I myself have a lot of J hooks at this point, and a good curve, particularly a right angle bend, can be more effective than any cooling spikes, however there are a lot of different cooling spike patterns and designs that vary in effectiveness as well... Length is far from the only factor, I should get a photo together to show all the difference in a glass j hook possibilities and costs and customs!

Point being, look closer maybe, before you criticize someone else's product and pricing compared to different ones in China? :tup:

PS nothing wrong with being a noob and expressing an opinion, I'm just teasing as I am educating, answering the question I believe you should have asked :D

Last edited:

Spike11552

Yeah I guess I was a little harsh on DHgate. I have some stems that are hit or miss but for the price it’s hard to resist. It’s just like snacks said the build/quality isn’t the same. It’s good for use and to get by but I prefer better quality and made to last a lifetime unless you’re clumsy.

VASked_Avenger!

I was lucky enough to score most of the Oconnell's off Cream City Vapes for 25% off, Micro/Cricket/Bong. Saving $87.50 total there. I then spotted this thread, 42% off on his site for the stems + j-hooks. Of course I can't pass this up. I mean, I barely know what Jhooks are. But @Shit Snacks confirmed they work great with many vapes, and i've had trying them in mind for awhile now 😉 This deal though? Wooweeee! Savings starting to really add up! Keeep buying lol. So I scoop a Smoked Jhook + Smoked Colored Inception Stem... Then A purple Jhook + w purple Colored Inception Stem.. Throw a green one on, take a green one off (can't get all the colors). Might as well throw a pink Stem in too, because that would look sick on the Oconnell collection I just picked up. Hey maybe even on the TM :) This transaction, lead me to another whopping $100.92 in savings. Bringing total saved on Oconnell stuff alone, to $188.42... Big thanks for the heads up y'all! So I know one can score decent products from time to time off Dhgate.. However, you just can't find the same RELIABILITY in solid advice, (from relative strangers at that), from folks you have gotten to trust here on this site! That's invaluable in my opinion, and you just won't find that elsewhere.. 😊

* edit: I then went ahead and ordered a Viviant GO as well.. Because it was the next listed item that I saw 40 something % off on in thread. They got me by using the words like "vaporizer" in the advertisement, and "discount". I just had to have it lol. It was 4/20, and another undeniable deal on the table 😂 🤷‍♂️ 🙏

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I wish I could get a Lotus for my 420 purchase, but oh well.

I'm a hair trigger away from pulling the trigger on a Stickybrick Jr in Black Limba for $120 to go along side my Hydrobrick Maxx.

Anyone care to talk me out of it and into some other awesome 420 vape deal?

Best wishes with your Vapman @Ramahs. It's funny how the mind works when VAS has a hold on you. I could tell you were set on a butane vape. First the Lotus, then the Stickybrick, but out of left field here comes the Vapman. ;) All great vapes.

I was also looking hard at a Stickbrick this 420 myself. First I wanted the OG. Then moved to the Runt, which is more compact but the glass wasn't as exciting as the OG stem. The problem is I hate using a torch. So my interest was more around the how cool the device is and the craftmanship that goes into them. I would buy one and admire it, but then not use it very much. I have eyed Vapman's in the past for many of the same reasons as they are a beautiful vape.

The Lotus was a great vape and it's a shame they went out of business. I bought mine a while ago when the caps were different and it was my DD for over a year. I would have picked up a new cap for the upgrade, but now it will sit as a possible collector's item someday.

So while I have come to appreciate well crafted wood vapes, in the end my 420 purchase was a mass produced battery unit. :lol: A Core erig to satisfy my urge for a easy portable dab experience. I also treated myself to a bunch of live resins that were on sale at my local dispensary.

My next wood purchase will probably be a custom Dynavap stem. Maybe the Dynacrafts guy will start up again. I'd love one with a SS lining.

Last edited:

Texus

So while I have come to appreciate well crafted wood vapes, in the end my 420 purchase was a mass produced battery unit. :lol: A Core erig to satisfy my urge for a easy portable dab experience. I also treated myself to a bunch of live resins that were on sale at my local dispensary.

My next wood purchase will probably be a custom Dynavap stem. Maybe the Dynacrafts guy will start up again. I'd love one with a SS lining.
That Blackwood stem offered by Simrell and POTV is pretty great looking, and is on sale with the Simrell stinger for $10 off until end of day today. Not cheap but hear great things about the intercooler from Simrell.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
That Blackwood stem offered by Simrell and POTV is pretty great looking, and is on sale with the Simrell stinger for $10 off until end of day today. Not cheap but hear great things about the intercooler from Simrell.
I ordered that on a whim a few days ago. I feel like I am missing something because it‘s much less than I remember the vortex costing, which also never seems to be in stock anywhere. Is the stinger basically the same as the vortex? I guess I will find out tomorrow when it arrives.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The large BCG and O'Connell inception hook sucked me in late last night...

Ha, I got tired of hearing about J-Hooks, so I bought an inception too, mostly because of the sale price. Hopefully, the extra internal glass “condenser”, actually cools the vapor.
I love my LG BCG, received on Monday, it’s the RIGHT size, you’ll be happy, the only thing that’s sucks.... is the WAIT!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Ha, I got tired of hearing about J-Hooks, so I bought an inception too, mostly because of the sale price. Hopefully, the extra internal glass “condenser”, actually cools the vapor.
I love my LG BCG, received on Monday, it’s the RIGHT size, you’ll be happy, the only thing that’s sucks.... is the WAIT!

You'd be pleased to know I joined the big-sexy-3 plate club. But yeah the sale price is what got me to get the inception hook... different than my other two and I didnt really need a 3rd hook to be quite honest but... fuck it

Shit Snacks

I mean, I barely know what Jhooks are. But @Shit Snacks confirmed they work great with many vapes, and i've had trying them in mind for awhile now 😉 This deal though? Wooweeee! Savings starting to really add up! Keeep buying lol. So I scoop a Smoked Jhook + Smoked Colored Inception Stem... Then A purple Jhook + w purple Colored Inception Stem.. Throw a green one on, take a green one off (can't get all the colors). Might as well throw a pink Stem in too, because that would look sick on the Oconnell collection I just picked up. Hey maybe even on the TM :)

Sure to be a nice hall! By the way the inception stems, are only usable with dynavap or firewood 7, but you're going to love the hooks with everything!

Nice! So I actually think the bend, the curve of the hook, does most of the cooling, that's what catches all the debris of plant particles, then yeah the length and inner cooling spike stem helps cool the vapor a bit, but nothing crazy so don't expect anything magic lol

@BrianTL come on of course you needed this third hook, and the large BCG, these were necessity purchases and you won with the sales! Also, Rusty, guess who wishes they would have gotten the full set of plates with their large BCG now after only getting medium... I mean I only used it twice, and this will serve me, but damn it I want more color, and now I think I could appreciate the functionality (although I still might rather two additional complete BCG instead lol)

Oh and someone please tell me why I am considering a blue Ti Hopper IO again now??

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Sure to be a nice hall! By the way the inception stems, are only usable with dynavap or firewood 7, but you're going to love the hooks with everything!

Nice! So I actually think the bend, the curve of the hook, does most of the cooling, that's what catches all the debris of plant particles, then yeah the length and inner cooling spike stem helps cool the vapor a bit, but nothing crazy so don't expect anything magic lol

@BrianTL come on of course you needed this third hook, and the large BCG, these were necessity purchases and you won with the sales! Also, Rusty, guess who wishes they would have gotten the full set of plates with their large BCG now after only getting medium... I mean I only used it twice, and this will serve me, but damn it I want more color, and now I think I could appreciate the functionality (although I still might rather two additional complete BCG instead lol)

Oh and someone please tell me why I am considering a blue Ti Hopper IO again now??

Yeah, that’s why I chose the 14mm version of his JHook. It’s easier and less glass to go down from 14mm female, to 10mm. Though I did order the 10mm “Titan” Rig from MJ Arsenal, for DV’s and IQ2 & Miqro.

The 3-Plate Club, is obviously a little attempt at humor, but as someone that enjoys ACCESSORIES, I like to point out to folks, that you never know how long a company will stay in business, especially with the attack on vaping in general. Typical example, is the now defunct “Ghost”, I had that in my “cart” at one point, but never bought. I just got an email from Nude Nicotine, they sell excellent Nic concentrate for making your own ejuice, they are most likely going under due to the ban. So they have a final day sale, and I tried to make a small order, didn’t go through: “WE CAN NO LONGER SHIP TO YOUR STATE”, so I waited too long.....

So, in terms of a grinder, logically for me, it makes sense to buy all three grind plates, as you NEVER know, you may end up getting a new device that works better with a different grind, or you may change how you like your grind. I have yet to use my LG plate, still glad it’s in my kit. I did the same with the small BCG, and if I ever decide to sell it, the next owner will have the COMPLETE set, and not have to wonder.

NOTE: This advice is for those that can AFFORD a full kit.
But, you also SAVE on additional SHIPPING costs, if you get it all at once, 7-10 week wait times (mine came in 10 weeks).

Shit Snacks

Yeah, that’s why I chose the 14mm version of his JHook. It’s easier and less glass to go down from 14mm female, to 10mm. Though I did order the 10mm “Titan” Rig from MJ Arsenal, for DV’s and IQ2 & Miqro.

The 3-Plate Club, is obviously a little attempt at humor, but as someone that enjoys ACCESSORIES, I like to point out to folks, that you never know how long a company will stay in business, especially with the attack on vaping in general. Typical example, is the now defunct “Ghost”, I had that in my “cart” at one point, but never bought. I just got an email from Nude Nicotine, they sell excellent Nic concentrate for making your own ejuice, they are most likely going under due to the ban. So they have a final day sale, and I tried to make a small order, didn’t go through: “WE CAN NO LONGER SHIP TO YOUR STATE”, so I waited too long.....

So, in terms of a grinder, logically for me, it makes sense to buy all three grind plates, as you NEVER know, you may end up getting a new device that works better with a different grind, or you may change how you like your grind. I have yet to use my LG plate, still glad it’s in my kit. I did the same with the small BCG, and if I ever decide to sell it, the next owner will have the COMPLETE set, and not have to wonder.

NOTE: This advice is for those that can AFFORD a full kit.
But, you also SAVE on additional SHIPPING costs, if you get it all at once, 7-10 week wait times (mine came in 10 weeks).

Oh is there a 18 mm version of the inception hook available now? I thought it was still only 14 regardless... But yes it goes great with the IQ2! Of course with the right adapters, anything can be used with anything :tup:

Yeah you make some good points, I wouldn't be worried about brilliant cut grinder in that regard though, since it is separate from vaporizers and seems to be quite successful? Not cheap but a strong following, probably will only keep growing, they do keep innovating and releasing new products... But yeah saving on the shipping and such, getting to try more plates, that is reason enough I think!

I started with fine plate BCG and a year later ordered medium plate BCG, easy for me to justify having two grinders, but now with the third BCG it did make sense to get the plates I think instead of an entire other grinder... I do know I like the fine, since I have it for one of my regulars, don't need it as much to grind large quantity in my large BCG I don't think, however the coarse plate I still have not tried in any capacity so I really want to, maybe they will have that chunky coarse available for anyone soon enough though too??

So yeah if necessary I suppose I could just buy a coarse plate in the future, maybe one for my large and one for my regulars, perhaps I can save on shipping bundling it with my inevitable order of their stainless steel 2.5-in version lol

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I did my best to forget that I told myself no 420 purchases after getting the back up TinyMight. It worked well enough to allow me to get the new VonG from DV, but that was all I could convince myself of. Looking forward to that though. I have been wondering about the captive cap thing and now I get to find out about it.

Gumby

Nice, grabbed the hook and + a inception stem I've been eyeing for a while. Anyone have a pic of how the j hook matches up? Hoping I can use that as my around the house mouthpiece and keep the small stems and that assembly clean longer. Is it in a comfortable position?

Shit Snacks

Nice, grabbed the hook and + a inception stem I've been eyeing for a while. Anyone have a pic of how the j hook matches up? Hoping I can use that as my around the house mouthpiece and keep the small stems and that assembly clean longer. Is it in a comfortable position?

Not sure what vape you're talking about, TM? Depends on the adapters, I've been using mine with a 18 female to 14 male with TM, but direct with my Splinter Z... Also check O'Connell's thread, definitely posted photos there too and the jayhook thread I think?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Bologna

Gumby

Not sure what vape you're talking about, TM? Depends on the adapters, I've been using mine with a 18 female to 14 male with TM, but direct with my Splinter Z... Also check O'Connell's thread, definitely posted photos there too and the jayhook thread I think?
Sorry I meant with a fw7, because of shape/button position. (Ill admit I forgot the thread I was in.. for reasons).

RustyOldNail

Oh is there a 18 mm version of the inception hook available now? I thought it was still only 14 regardless... But yes it goes great with the IQ2! Of course with the right adapters, anything can be used with anything :tup:

Yeah you make some good points, I wouldn't be worried about brilliant cut grinder in that regard though, since it is separate from vaporizers and seems to be quite successful? Not cheap but a strong following, probably will only keep growing, they do keep innovating and releasing new products... But yeah saving on the shipping and such, getting to try more plates, that is reason enough I think!

I started with fine plate BCG and a year later ordered medium plate BCG, easy for me to justify having two grinders, but now with the third BCG it did make sense to get the plates I think instead of an entire other grinder... I do know I like the fine, since I have it for one of my regulars, don't need it as much to grind large quantity in my large BCG I don't think, however the coarse plate I still have not tried in any capacity so I really want to, maybe they will have that chunky coarse available for anyone soon enough though too??

So yeah if necessary I suppose I could just buy a coarse plate in the future, maybe one for my large and one for my regulars, perhaps I can save on shipping bundling it with my inevitable order of their stainless steel 2.5-in version lol

I bought thIs one, while pink is not my 1st choice, it’s closer to a clear one, then a smoked one, the only other choice offered. I like clear glass, so I can easily see when it’s time to clean.

B6E4A3A6-3D90-4939-BFE1-16436BE2E59A.jpeg

Shit Snacks

Sorry I meant with a fw7, because of shape/button position. (Ill admit I forgot the thread I was in.. for reasons).

Haha it is so easy to forget, no worries! So the inception hook, not the inception stem, with FW7? Honestly I need to find my 14 to 14 adapter so I can try my FW7 through my inception hook (the stem, I use a lot, and this custom) but yeah here is the ergonomics:

PXL-20210421-222753378.jpg

You'll have to see what is comfortable for you exactly in person, you can turn it any which way, but I like the button further away with my 18mm hooks, the reverse of how I would be using it stock set up with the stem.

I bought thIs one, while pink is not my 1st choice, it’s closer to a clear one, then a smoked one, the only other choice offered. I like clear glass, so I can easily see when it’s time to clean.

Oh yeah honestly, the smoked glass is still pretty transparent, though I suppose maybe the purple is more so? Compared to the smoked regular stem I have, yeah you can definitely tell when it's time to clean in mine:

PXL-20210421-222653520.jpg

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I'm in need of something easy to carry on walks. My grass hopper io died after 6 months. I feel like my Mighty, Tera, Tubo Evic, Mil are all either too big or have extra parts I have to fiddle with. Just fine for at home but sucks when my dog is tugging on the leash.
I was thinking Crafty+ or the new rogue. Like the sale price POTV has on Crafty+ but just discovered I'm one of the two states they cannot ship to. Wah!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I ordered that on a whim a few days ago. I feel like I am missing something because it‘s much less than I remember the vortex costing, which also never seems to be in stock anywhere. Is the stinger basically the same as the vortex? I guess I will find out tomorrow when it arrives.
Let us know how that stinger works for you @Jill NYC. I think the stinger gives you most of the cooling aspects of the vortex, minus any heat absorption you might get from the Ti stem itself.

And congrats on NY going legal. It is the only state I know of that allows public consumption. I mean, you can walk down the street puffing on a vapcap or smoking a joint? That is so fucking awesome! Not even Vegas has that yet. :bowdown:

I'm in need of something easy to carry on walks. My grass hopper io died after 6 months. I feel like my Mighty, Tera, Tubo Evic, Mil are all either too big or have extra parts I have to fiddle with. Just fine for at home but sucks when my dog is tugging on the leash.
I was thinking Crafty+ or the new rogue. Like the sale price POTV has on Crafty+ but just discovered I'm one of the two states they cannot ship to. Wah!

@HughJundys, how about a Terp pen and a small jar of concentrate? I love my Terp pen for just that.

Oops, sorry for the double post. I thought I was editing.

Shit Snacks

How about the Firewood7?? Sounds like a good option for this usage to replace the grasshopper for you, or a vleaf go why not

Top Bottom