3D gaming/movies, anyone tried it?

technique

So i kind of assume alot of vapers also love playing games and or watching movies and wanted to know what you thought of 3D as i am seriously thinking of dropping a nice chunk of change on a 3D projector.

Before anyone asks, yes i could have this discussion in a more technical forum but in such situations i always like to know what my family think lol

technique,

djonkoman

I only aw one 3d movie once, avatar(the movie based on that cartoon/anime serie, not dancing with smurfs)
they didn't do much with the 3d, a very few effects and that was it, but more the movie's fault than the technology. beforehand I had thought may not able to see it, since I'm crosseyed, you don't really see it but I never look with both eyes at the same time, unless I'm high. I think I vaped before the movie, not really sure since it's long ago but I do now I was able to see the very few 3d-effects

also recently saw the newest harold&kumar, downloaded it since it was never in the cinema around here, but there were multiple scemes where you culd see it was ntended to be 3d and I think those 3d effects would've been pretty cool

but from what I've seen from 3d so far I wouldn't pay huge amounts of money for it, I would wait till it gets better and cheaper, but that's just me

djonkoman,

technique

djonkoman said:
I only aw one 3d movie once, avatar(the movie based on that cartoon/anime serie, not dancing with smurfs)
they didn't do much with the 3d, a very few effects and that was it, but more the movie's fault than the technology. beforehand I had thought may not able to see it, since I'm crosseyed, you don't really see it but I never look with both eyes at the same time, unless I'm high. I think I vaped before the movie, not really sure since it's long ago but I do now I was able to see the very few 3d-effects

also recently saw the newest harold&kumar, downloaded it since it was never in the cinema around here, but there were multiple scemes where you culd see it was ntended to be 3d and I think those 3d effects would've been pretty cool

but from what I've seen from 3d so far I wouldn't pay huge amounts of money for it, I would wait till it gets better and cheaper, but that's just me

Thanks for the response mate. I wonder if anyone has a positive experience though, especially for home equipment and if used for gaming

technique,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Gaming in 3d is the shit if you like the titles available. Every now and then when everyone is asleep I will break out a bowl and Tron 3D and I love it.

stickstones,

HuskerMath

I have no idea why this happens, but for some reason, 3D gaming on the PC (through a monitor, not a projector) gives me a blasting headache after more than 2 hours of gaming. The same can't be said with console 3D gaming, so that's fine, but just something to consider.

HuskerMath,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I have been using Nvidia's 3DVision with my PC and Mitsubishi 60" DLP 3D TV for years now and i absolutely LOVE it! Gaming is so incredible on it, esp after you dial in the right depth/convergence settings and what not (to give you proper pop-out effects and such). Definitely nowhere near as impressed with 3D movies since you cant adjust that shit tho, everything seems flat and unimpressive it most movies because they dont put too much depth cause most ppl cant handle it.

Highly recommend my setup, but I've tried a lot of shitty 3D on shitty setups tho. If you dont like 3D from one experience dont rule it all out.

(yeah i realize i'm resurrecting an old thread here but i just saw it)

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
We bought our daughter a Nintendo DS 3D XL for Christmas. It's hidden until it can be wrapped. I'll have to report back after Christmas to let you know how we like it. :)

Vicki,

steiner666

Serial vapist
We bought our daughter a Nintendo DS 3D XL for Christmas. It's hidden until it can be wrapped. I'll have to report back after Christmas to let you know how we like it. :)

Nice. I'm sure she'll love it. I had a 3DS for a while, was good overall. The 3D effect wasnt as impressive compared to what I'm used to tho, since the screen was so much smaller (60" vs ~4"). I'd love to try one of the XLs tho. My main issue with it was the cross-talk from the passive, glasses-free type of display used. You have to hold it within a certain range distance and at a straight-on angle, otherwise your right eye will see some of the picture intended for your left, and vice versa. I shift around a lot when playing on a mobile device so it was troublesome for me, and on games where you can use gyro controls u can forget using 3d there lol unless you plan on tilting your head with the screen perfectly. But as bad as i'm prob making it sound, they are still pretty impressive devices.

I like the idea of glasses free-3D and i think they'll have it perfected in the future, but it's not there yet, at least not that i've seen. For now, with existing 3D display tech, I like having active shutter glasses to make sure each eye sees the proper image and nothing more.

steiner666,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Nice. I'm sure she'll love it. I had a 3DS for a while, was good overall. The 3D effect wasnt as impressive compared to what I'm used to tho, since the screen was so much smaller (60" vs ~4"). I'd love to try one of the XLs tho. My main issue with it was the cross-talk from the passive, glasses-free type of display used. You have to hold it within a certain range distance and at a straight-on angle, otherwise your right eye will see some of the picture intended for your left, and vice versa. I shift around a lot when playing on a mobile device so it was troublesome for me, and on games where you can use gyro controls u can forget using 3d there lol unless you plan on tilting your head with the screen perfectly. But as bad as i'm prob making it sound, they are still pretty impressive devices.

I like the idea of glasses free-3D and i think they'll have it perfected in the future, but it's not there yet, at least not that i've seen. For now, with existing 3D display tech, I like having active shutter glasses to make sure each eye sees the proper image and nothing more.

I hope she doesn't dislike it because the 3D isn't as good as it could be, but the 3D can be turned off, right? The only game we bought her to go with it so far is Pokemon Black and White 2 (Black). We need to look for a good 3D game, or do all the games work in 3D mode?

I went ahead and decided to buy the bigger XL because she has had a small DS for years, so it's an upgrade for her. :)

Vicki,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah you can turn the 3D effect off completely. There is a slider on the right side of the screen that allows you to control the amount of depth (and in some games you can even increase it further through in-game options menus). There are only a few parts of some games that actually require you to use 3D (super mario 3D land comes to mind, where theres a part where you cant see which blocks are sticking out and able to be jumped up on unless you have that depth perception).

I'm sure she'll like the 3D, but 3D aside its still a great system, with the eshop where you can buy/download games directly from the system, plus theres Netflix for it too (would be much better on the XL i'd imagine). The AR (augmented reality) stuff is pretty nifty too, as long as you use it in a brightly lit environment. Taking 3D pictures is fun too.

TBH i bought the system almost exclusively for the 3D remake of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, one of my all time favs. I beat that and got the mario 3d land, mario kart, and resident evil and beat those, then i realized that having to spend $40+ on each game is too much for my piratey blood, so i sold it off. Otherwise i'd probably still have it.

steiner666,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom