3.5 grams of AVB, 3 spoons of peanut butter, 2 spoons of coconut in the microwave and me

pressure

Why don't you READ it. I say on that thread how I like to consume my oil.

My ABV oil is strong and will knock your socks off. If you READ other people's threads and reports you will find the same.

@pressure what temperature to you vape your weed?? I seem to remember you using your device on max temp of 210c. That could possibly have something to do with your ABV being weak. I only vape under 190c. Usually 185c.

I have seen you mention in another thread that you have been vaping a lot of seed and stalk type weed. Roughly what percentage of your ABV was of this kind? Maybe the added fact that a large percentage of your weed was fairly low in THC to start with could have weakened the buzz also.

I have been vaping at 180 then 210 later on...sometimes just 180 tho.

I actually only buy "high grade" but the weed over all these days is good looking bad weed. for example, dont under estamate weed just because it has sticks and stems...

take a look at this

28mo277.jpg

this is 3 different kinds of buds. The tiny one of the RIGHT is the REGS, you can even see a seed in it. guess which weed gets me more high? Its not the nuggy red hair one of the left, or even the one in the middle...its the regular weed. But I only bought like 7 grams of the regs out of the ounce or so that I have.

its possible since I am rarely happy with the batches... weed these days is a joke. Sure, it looks better then ever before, but it 9 times out of 10 it doesn't smoke as good as it looks..I never had this problem when I was younger.

pressure,

crawdad

floatin
Why don't you READ it. I say on that thread how I like to consume my oil.

My ABV oil is strong and will knock your socks off. If you READ other people's threads and reports you will find the same.

@pressure what temperature to you vape your weed?? I seem to remember you using your device on max temp of 210c. That could possibly have something to do with your ABV being weak. I only vape under 190c. Usually 185c.

I have seen you mention in another thread that you have been vaping a lot of seed and stalk type weed. Roughly what percentage of your ABV was of this kind? Maybe the added fact that a large percentage of your weed was fairly low in THC to start with could have weakened the buzz also.

took me a quite a few attempts using various methods before i settled on a routine that has worked for me without fail (3 batches now) to completely knock me on my ass or wish i was sitting. read. test. repeat. take notes. abv edibles i seem to prefer over green and i use high temps. i dont go for amount of abv anymore i go for a particular color depending on abv quality, i smoke some first to see just where its at.

(Mason Jar/Coconut Oil/Crockpot cooking - Convenience & Perfection?)

crawdad,
Reactions: mixchu69

rakka

Vaped
throw that 3.5g into a pot (couple hours) or slow cooker (low heat overnight) with some grass fed butter and water, strain that shit with cheesecloth, let it solidify in the fridge and you got some sexy ass highly potent cannabutter. my stuff was vaped thoroughly and it still wrecked. 1g will impale you to the ceiling. Gave the gf a good time then a panic attack. :D

microwave method might work for some but its shit imo

edit: like sativasam said below you're damn lucky it didn't work 3.5g ABV would fuck you up in a bad way if it were done properly

Last edited:
rakka,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Maybe your weed is not so good, maybe you ate your ABV on a full stomache, maybe you vape your weed at temps that are too high, maybe you nuked the THC in the microwave, maybe all of these things combined. Who knows. But the one thing I do know is that you should never eat 7 grams of ABV. It's far too much and to be honest your lucky it didn't work.

sativasam,
Reactions: mixchu69

pressure

took me a quite a few attempts using various methods before i settled on a routine that has worked for me without fail (3 batches now) to completely knock me on my ass or wish i was sitting. read. test. repeat. take notes. abv edibles i seem to prefer over green and i use high temps. i dont go for amount of abv anymore i go for a particular color depending on abv quality, i smoke some first to see just where its at.

(Mason Jar/Coconut Oil/Crockpot cooking - Convenience & Perfection?)

whats the method? What tools do I need? Im off from work today and would like to go into work tomorrow with some THC pills if possible

Maybe your weed is not so good, maybe you ate your ABV on a full stomache, maybe you vape your weed at temps that are too high, maybe you nuked the THC in the microwave, maybe all of these things combined. Who knows. But the one thing I do know is that you should never eat 7 grams of ABV. It's far too much and to be honest your lucky it didn't work.

yeah your right. to many variables. But still all my weed was vaped under 210, so technically it should have done something....

pressure,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@pressure there's a lot of info in the cooking thread here on FC. Do some reading up on cannabis coconut oil and using ABV. There are so many variables when it comes to edibles. Some folks don't get a high from edibles. Maybe you are one of them.

Edit
I've put flour like ABV in a brownie recipe (from scratch) it called for coffee. The coffee hid the cannabis taste fairly well. It was a cannabis recipe for brownies made with cannaflour. It's just ABV or cannabis that has been decarbed and ground in a coffee grinder. They were really potent. After I ate one of those, I didn't eat edibles for 6 months.

I gave the rest away to a friend.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

pressure

@pressure there's a lot of info in the cooking thread here on FC. Do some reading up on cannabis coconut oil and using ABV. There are so many variables when it comes to edibles. Some folks don't get a high from edibles. Maybe you are one of them.

Edit
I've put flour like ABV in a brownie recipe (from scratch) it called for coffee. The coffee hid the cannabis taste fairly well. It was a cannabis recipe for brownies made with cannaflour. It's just ABV or cannabis that has been decarbed and ground in a coffee grinder. They were really potent. After I ate one of those, I didn't eat edibles for 6 months.

I gave the rest away to a friend.

While its true there are so many variables when it comes to this, I want to try what ever gets me highest. I think im going to buy a crack pot tomorrow and try oil extraction.

if that doesnt do anything to me, then I guess this ABV is over rated or maybe just not for me

pressure,

crawdad

floatin
if that doesnt do anything to me, then I guess this ABV is over rated or maybe just not for me

issue is there are so many variables and its not just about the vape temps, i wasted some stash before i figured out a method that worked for me given my setup of stove, abv, tools used, my tolerance, etc. you asked what method i use, i linked it above but here it is :

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

This is the chart I found that I think corresponds with what you're saying @davesmith

ive had a few of failed batches, not that i couldnt notice effects with the end product but was weak. that graph above i started using recently and have had two batches that were bad ass. i tried the mason jar deal a few times but the heat never got high enough imho inside. i got what i would describe as almost half the reaction that i was expecting based on how well it vaped/smoked prior.

now i heat 2 cups coconut oil up to 293-299 then pour in as much abv i can fit (that will get covered entirely) and try to maintain that temp for about 7-8 minutes max, perhaps 10-11 if the temp falls off for too long, etc. then off the heat and covered for about 45mins to an hour+ as it slowly cools. then, i strain it and put back on stove and dump more abv into it repeating the process until i like the color (when cold i should barely notice a green tint, its dark but not black). i aim to get (at least) 1 cup out of it and put it in brownie or cookie mix adding flour as needed to compensate for the oil. 320 for (at most) 30 mins then shut off heat and let sit to cool down some in oven. 24+ hour deal on one edible, cant complain. can nibble small amounts for less effect. peace.

tools: medium pot, thermometer, fine metal mesh for straining.

imho i think heat being too low and not using enough abv were my issues all along (i do vape high temps), the whole thing is worthless when you dont extract enough and sometimes you have use quite a bit of abv in order to have an end result that is not just noticeable but bad ass. there must be a point at which the oil will no longer absorb the cannabinoids (full saturation) but i dont think ive taken it quite that far yet. the most ive repeated the process is 3 times in one batch, i was aiming for the moon and got to jupiter. looking back i can say the experimenting was fun but glad im done wasting.

crawdad,

C No Ego

Well I decided to try it out. I just put 3.5 grams of AVB, 3 spoons of peanut butter, 2 spoons of coconut in the microwave for 2 minutes and strir it up.

it comes out like a dip, and I am using rye finn crisps to dip it in and eat it.

it doesnt taste to bad....hopefully it gets me high

I have eaten and cooked weed before with mid grades and we all got stoned very body high....so Ill report back if this is any good
maybe you microwaved to long,quite positive you did it 1:30 min to long. try the exact same way except bump the wave at 20 seconds max only each time. what I do is wave the all natural p nut btr 22 secs from right out of the fridge( cold ) , then dump abv on top of waved p nut btr and add a tbs or two of olive oil to the abv and sunflower lecithin. let the oil soak a few seconds and then stir it all up good. wave for 11 secs last time and it's ready to eat. add chocolate and honey for flavor if the nut butter alone isn't pleasing.

C No Ego,
Reactions: friedrich

pressure

maybe you microwaved to long,quite positive you did it 1:30 min to long. try the exact same way except bump the wave at 20 seconds max only each time. what I do is wave the all natural p nut btr 22 secs from right out of the fridge( cold ) , then dump abv on top of waved p nut btr and add a tbs or two of olive oil to the abv and sunflower lecithin. let the oil soak a few seconds and then stir it all up good. wave for 11 secs last time and it's ready to eat. add chocolate and honey for flavor if the nut butter alone isn't pleasing.

i tried another way, this time I just used real bud, less oil, and no decarb....followed a formula online....to make THC pills...

its really all about finding something that works, Im thinking my AVB lost much THC, so now with real bud, its actually worth going through the process.... although right now, I am using the same forumla I had, only using AVB this time.

pressure,

HD Springer

You have to decarb it at some point. This was somthing I had to wrap my head around when I messed with it. Like @CarolKing sudgested there is so many unbelievably great posts from people who have already made the mistakes and know what's the right way to do it. Look into these threads and it will save you big time. Look at the cooking threads.

HD Springer,

C No Ego

i tried another way, this time I just used real bud, less oil, and no decarb....followed a formula online....to make THC pills...

its really all about finding something that works, Im thinking my AVB lost much THC, so now with real bud, its actually worth going through the process.... although right now, I am using the same forumla I had, only using AVB this time.

I use the vape at high temp with dark abv left over and it still has plenty effect. my first edible attempt was making firecrackers in the oven at 3.5 grams abv per firecracker. I ate two @ 7 grams total and was high as bird p#$$y for almost two days. now I just use the microwave method not going over 22 secs each time as not to vape the abv in the wave.
you can also just vape the herb enough to decarb it and then make your edible, vape for just a few minutes until the vapor starts to get thick and take it out and pack some more in there to do again. when you get about 1/2 gram then that should be good for an edible. this is a great way to decarb herb and still get those terps that evep out in the oven when decarbing in foil...

rodders83

Ok i will not chuck out my ultra dark avb ever again i think i said before my eating fussyness would not let me but 2 days being high!? Come to papa!! C No Ego you reckon just chucking the ultra dark into melted chocolate and then letting it set will be all that is needed?

I have a gram here of avb to test but it is seriously dark.

rodders83,

C No Ego

Ok i will not chuck out my ultra dark avb ever again i think i said before my eating fussyness would not let me but 2 days being high!? Come to papa!! C No Ego you reckon just chucking the ultra dark into melted chocolate and then letting it set will be all that is needed?

I have a gram here of avb to test but it is seriously dark.

ha ha, yeah I have a low tolerance too so that two days was a trip. What I've found is you want to in balanced proportions incorporate to your abv some type of fatty oil to give the cannabis compounds something to bind to and then you adsorb the potentiated fat when you eat it. it could be as simple as soaking in butter and then dabbing bread into the soaked butter to eat it up. for me the most simple is peanut butter or almond butter with added olive oil to the abv first...
for really dark abv I would recommend saving up to 3.5 - 6 or 7 grams to try at one time

C No Ego,
Top Bottom