$25 Ego C Twist Variable Voltage Battery and Omicron Carts

i7weenie

Has anyone tried out the NEW mega v2 gentleman's oil atomizers? I am seriously considering buying one to go along with an eGo-C twisty.

i7weenie,

eiluaP

Paulie
Has anyone tried out the NEW mega v2 gentleman's oil atomizers? I am seriously considering buying one to go along with an eGo-C twisty.

I am wondering this myself. I am also curious about their 'Mega Oil Cartridge' as well as their new glass globe atomizer, which seems to have a metal, rather than ceramic cup. I am on a quest to find an atomizer that doesn't add any taste to my vapor, as i've noticed with most pens i've tried, including 'Vaped' products. I believe this taste likely comes from the wicking material used. It's a tough search though and i haven't found anything that quite seems worth buying other than the nearly-extinct DART.

eiluaP,

FeelingFactory

So at the beginning of the week I received an Ego C Twist Variable Voltage battery to try with my Omicron carts, and I'm impressed and wanted to share the knowledge. I wasn't too sure where to discuss it- it doesn't seem too appropriate in the Omicron thread seeing as the Omicron is a battery as well, so I've made this thread here. Unless the mod squad want different?

I'd kind of gone off my Omicron a little after the initial 'new toy' period wore off. Whilst it's pretty stealthy and convenient, I'd really struggled with clogging issues and found it would take 2-3 heating cycles to get a good hit, and even then it wasn't guaranteed, followed by the need to un-clog the tube every couple of hits. I didn't really feel that the 2.4 ohm cartridge had quite enough oomph to clear my oil. Part of my problem has been using poorer quality oils, but experiencing a sometimes unsatisfactory performance even sometimes with good oils, I didn't feel inclined to often use any really good stuff in there despite knowing better.

So not being a particularly heavy Omicron user I also wasn't prepared to spend lots of cash on variable voltage mods, and so didn't think it would ever be for me. Then I saw this Ego C Twist Variable Voltage battery for $27 delivered (slow from China- 18 days), and seeing as I already had some 510-601 adaptors I thought I give it a punt.

And I'm very glad I did. It's revolutionised my use of the Omicron. It's a 1000mAh battery with a twist switch on the bottom allowing you to adjust the voltage from 3.2 - 4.8V in 0.2V increments. This has allowed me to dial in the temp to the oil I'm vaping, giving me much bigger clouds and fully vaporising the oil and virtually eliminating my clogging issues. A much more satisfying experience, and I'm now more than prepared to stick some of my good oil into an omicron cart.

So if you're wanting to try the Variable Voltage experience with a 2.4 ohm Omicron cartridge and you don't use it enough or can't afford to spend big bucks on the 'professional' kit, this offers a really affordable alternative that works great so far. I'll update if I do get any issues down the line, but I don't see why I would?

If you want to try for yourself the cheapest source I've found is below, although they're widely available domestically for slightly more.

Ego C Twist Variable Voltage Battery 1000mAh

510-M601 Thread adaptor

and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered the adapters you linked, one for me and my wife each. Much less expensive and more versatile than paying another $100 for a second Omi.

Did you or anyone encounter a voltage limit using the Omi carts? For example does consistent 4.8v usage burn them out? I'm considering a different passthru variable voltage battery that goes up to 6v. This seems overkill at 2.4ohms so I'll cap it at 4.8v if that hasn't caused issues in the omi carts. Thanks again!

FeelingFactory,

FeelingFactory

I've run 1.5 ohm cartridges at least at 4.6 V for pretty extended periods of time surprisingly using this setup. For a 2.4 ohm cart, I've used them lots at full power and it pumps out vapor hard!
Wow, that info helps a lot! Thanks!

FeelingFactory,
Top Bottom