$25 Ego C Twist Variable Voltage Battery and Omicron Carts

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
So at the beginning of the week I received an Ego C Twist Variable Voltage battery to try with my Omicron carts, and I'm impressed and wanted to share the knowledge. I wasn't too sure where to discuss it- it doesn't seem too appropriate in the Omicron thread seeing as the Omicron is a battery as well, so I've made this thread here. Unless the mod squad want different?

I'd kind of gone off my Omicron a little after the initial 'new toy' period wore off. Whilst it's pretty stealthy and convenient, I'd really struggled with clogging issues and found it would take 2-3 heating cycles to get a good hit, and even then it wasn't guaranteed, followed by the need to un-clog the tube every couple of hits. I didn't really feel that the 2.4 ohm cartridge had quite enough oomph to clear my oil. Part of my problem has been using poorer quality oils, but experiencing a sometimes unsatisfactory performance even sometimes with good oils, I didn't feel inclined to often use any really good stuff in there despite knowing better.

So not being a particularly heavy Omicron user I also wasn't prepared to spend lots of cash on variable voltage mods, and so didn't think it would ever be for me. Then I saw this Ego C Twist Variable Voltage battery for $27 delivered (slow from China- 18 days), and seeing as I already had some 510-601 adaptors I thought I give it a punt.

And I'm very glad I did. It's revolutionised my use of the Omicron. It's a 1000mAh battery with a twist switch on the bottom allowing you to adjust the voltage from 3.2 - 4.8V in 0.2V increments. This has allowed me to dial in the temp to the oil I'm vaping, giving me much bigger clouds and fully vaporising the oil and virtually eliminating my clogging issues. A much more satisfying experience, and I'm now more than prepared to stick some of my good oil into an omicron cart.

So if you're wanting to try the Variable Voltage experience with a 2.4 ohm Omicron cartridge and you don't use it enough or can't afford to spend big bucks on the 'professional' kit, this offers a really affordable alternative that works great so far. I'll update if I do get any issues down the line, but I don't see why I would?

If you want to try for yourself the cheapest source I've found is below, although they're widely available domestically for slightly more.

Ego C Twist Variable Voltage Battery 1000mAh

510-M601 Thread adaptor

and you'll be good to go.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice vid Wat - quite a big difference in vapor production between the two. What is the Omi battery Voltage set at?

J.R.R.Tokin',

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Good to know & thks Wat, I just received some Twists from Canvape today and love them. Guess I'll have to give Sean a buzz and get some of those adaptors to try the Omi carto's I bought was back when, lol.

EDIT: Also, I've found so far with using as an ecig and dripping on a 510 bridgeless 2.0 ohm atty (also fm CanVape), that 4.2v is the Twists 'sweetspot' ;)

smokum,
Reactions: Jhonny

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Wat,

get some 1.5 ohm carts and you'll really be excited. Much bigger hits, faster priming, shorter batter life....

Its almost twice the power of 2.4 cart so bigger hits but less battery. well worth it. even with stock battery.

ru_frothi,

zomger

Hey there, WatTyler
I own a ego twist and love the heck out of it, but I only use mine for e-juice, not oils. If oil is anything like juice, you should really try out the 2.0 ohm Boge Cartomizers, they are top notch for the twist. Also, I couldn't personally recommend the AVA, but people rave about the thing for dripping. A little $$ but it comes with a 6 month warranty. From what I've read, you can't get a better atty. Going to try one as soon as I get the extra cash.

zomger,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hey there, WatTyler
I own a ego twist and love the heck out of it, but I only use mine for e-juice, not oils. If oil is anything like juice, you should really try out the 2.0 ohm Boge Cartomizers, they are top notch for the twist. Also, I couldn't personally recommend the AVA, but people rave about the thing for dripping. A little $$ but it comes with a 6 month warranty. From what I've read, you can't get a better atty. Going to try one as soon as I get the extra cash.

Got AVA's (we sell AVA's too) and yes better Atty out there IMO!

FLskwat,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Hey there, WatTyler

e-juice aty's are useless for thick oils... some use the Ego2 and Ego4 catomizers as load as you vapes but user beware.

ru_frothi,

Jdog

i'm so glad someone else has tried this with good results!

I have been using a few mods to the same end with great success! I too have been using a 510 threaded mods - I have a roughstack, and provari .

have you found many 510 threaded oil 'rigs'

I have tried these different 'oil cartridges" including on the recommendation of my local smokeshop guy:
omnicron (with adapter)
gentlemans vapes honey oil (like omnicron)
gentlemansvapes vision oil

overall i had more luck with the gentlemans ones simplyy because of the thread i think. the thread adapters are iffy i have realized (i have 3: 2 of which work sometimes)

personaly i dont really like the slit opening crtridges - they are really hard to fill adn i feel like you have to warm through too many cycles to get a good hit. i have had spotty luck with these at best. i know that these seem to be the 'industry standard' for heavy oils but i just cant get that into them. i have tried them on both the provari and roughstack - had most luck on the provari: had to use the ohm meter to check what voltage to use. ended up having to vaape at about 5.3 V on the omi 2.5 and 4.7V on the gmans 2.0
i got omnicron carts from a smoke shop and they came with a filling tool? i don't really know how i am supposed to use it though since i can't hold it...it gets hot!! ended up going for the good old paper clip
i recently had to contact gentlemans because i got some DOA artridges from them in an order,
instead of sending me the same kind they sent me what seems to be their new oil 'atomizer' - not sure what they mean by that exactly... but i gave it a try because i figured it couldn't be any worse than their honey oil carts. turns out they are awesome!
. much easier to fill than the other kinds , and i havent had any leaking (which always happens to me with the omicron) , and i don't need an adapter!!

http://gentlemansvapes.com/products/vision-oil-atomizer

has anyone else tried these out yet ? i'm a really cautious tester...

tldr: finally found a decent oil rig for 510 ecig

PS: SORRY FOR HIJACKING YOUR THREAD!! it got out of hand quickly.... O_o

Jdog,

tepictoton

have been using a DART (LV) with an ego C VV since few weeks and starting to love it more every day.

Would you recommand me trying out your set-up?

Anybdy that has both, so DART and omicron cartridges that might give me a good idea of what the difference might be?

thx for starting this thread, hope that I am not hijacking it this way, jut saying it is possible with DART too, and wondering about the difference with the cardridges you are using on the same battery.

tepictoton,

StickyShisha2

have been using a DART (LV) with an ego C VV since few weeks and starting to love it more every day.

Would you recommand me trying out your set-up?

Anybdy that has both, so DART and omicron cartridges that might give me a good idea of what the difference might be?

thx for starting this thread, hope that I am not hijacking it this way, jut saying it is possible with DART too, and wondering about the difference with the cardridges you are using on the same battery.

i've been through a few packages of Omicron carts and now i have a Dart (LV) with adapter to use it on my Omicron O-Phos.

i see where i will still want to use Omi carts, as they are fairly trouble free for days of constant sips, but if I had started with the Dart, I don't know that i would feel satisfied with smaller hits of the OmiCart.

even though the dart pulls the same power as the 1.5ohm Omi cart, its much larger heater takes an extra 6 seconds to reach temp. noticeably less battery life than OmiCarts.

I'm looking to buy a Dart for someone who uses oil at home but smokes when out. :puke:
What is my best option for a cheap battery to drive it?

StickyShisha2,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hello i am asking this question here cause i THINK its the right place to ask it, if not should i create my own thread??? anyways.... i recently bought this exact Ego-C starter Kit http://www.easyvaping.com/Joyetech-eGo-C-Upgrade-650mah-Pass-throughType-A-Kit-White_p_376.html the kit states that the battery has the ability to go to "variable voltage mode" where the batter can do 4.15v in this mode. The adapter in the OP of this thread "510-m601 adapter" will that work on my EGO -C battery and allow me to use Omicron carts?? Basically, i just want to know if it is possible to use omicron carts on this EGO-C battery or not??? i would like to make some QWISO and use it with my EGO-C if that is even possible????

mmenzie,

tepictoton

I guess technically it should work (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I was looking into this myself some time back but I decided to go for the DART with the same battery type you are mentioning(ego-c-upgraded with the orange led indicating higher voltage). I believe OF mentioned that getting a 510-m601 adaptor and omnicron carts would work too...I don't own both so I cannot give you further advice and or a comparison, but I do believe some of the people here will...I'm sure OF will have more details for ya;)

And I have recently upgraded again with the new true VV batteries from joytech...works like a charm with my BHO...dunno about QWISO(consistency and so on)...:2c:

mmenzie

so.... i got my thread adapter for my EGO-C and my omicron carts. i put them together to make sure everything fit (which it did) and i noticed my e-cig doesn't quite have that "its just an e-cig" look anymore cause the omicron cart is so long. i was just curious if there was a cover or a cone to return the "stealthy" look to my pen?? i looked on the net and couldn't find any and i expect the same answer here, but thought i would ask.

if there is no cover or cone..... has anyone else out there done anything to make their modified e-cigs to look like an e-cig again?

mmenzie,

tepictoton

well I dunno for the omnicron carts, but with the kaner carts i am currently using, and the DART I am able to slide the cone of the ego-c over it and that way it still looked pretty e-ciggy :) dunno if that will work seeing you change the threading for the omnicon carts

tepictoton,

mmenzie

well I dunno for the omnicron carts, but with the kaner carts i am currently using, and the DART I am able to slide the cone of the ego-c over it and that way it still looked pretty e-ciggy :) dunno if that will work seeing you change the threading for the omnicon carts

you have a DART that you use on your EGO?? i was thinking about buying one now that thermovape has them on sale again but was thinking the 10 second battery cutoff would not allow the DART to get hot enough to be useful. what is your technique for using the DART??

mmenzie,

tepictoton

I use an LV dart on my ego twist, mostly at 4volts. Let it wam up fairly long by hitting the button for five seconds, then releasing a split second and hit it again...that way the cutoof will not kick in ;-)

I do however get bigger hits from cheap kanger cartomizers with horizontal wicks that I fill up with buttery oil...check out the 'e-skillet the same as...something' thread with thread candidates in the portable section where it is all discussed in more detail...

tepictoton,

mmenzie

I use an LV dart on my ego twist, mostly at 4volts. Let it wam up fairly long by hitting the button for five seconds, then releasing a split second and hit it again...that way the cutoof will not kick in ;-)

I do however get bigger hits from cheap kanger cartomizers with horizontal wicks that I fill up with buttery oil...check out the 'e-skillet the same as...something' thread with thread candidates in the portable section where it is all discussed in more detail...

i have read the thread you are referring too thanks. i was curious about the DART because you dont need alot of oil to drive it. it's more like a dabber and a nail sort of. sine i do not have access to quantity of oils/waxes carts are not really smart for me. omi carts need at least .5/.6 to work.... i dont always have that much (like right now i have less than .4 of some wax). so i was thinking about the DART cause you dont need alot to feed it

mmenzie,

tepictoton

thats true in a sense...you do need to feed it .2 first before the feeding element is soaked...

tepictoton,
Just picked up some Omi carts to use with my EGO and EGO twist batteries that were just gathering dust. I'd love to get a TV atty, but I guess that's not possible anymore.

kingofnull,

Tweek

lol I'm still considering it...just so hard to part with anything. Drives my wife nuts...I'm a pack rat. Keep us posted on what they say!

Tweek,

CheeseSandwich

i picked up a generic ego c twist battery for $20 on canvape.ca because i read this. I must say, it works great! It produces a nice hit cranked up with a 2.4 persei cart on it...a 1.5 is even better:ko:

Top Bottom