2023 Most Reached For

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
How do I answer this question as during this year :
- I swapped primary grinder 3 times (and there's a forth due in the post this week)
- I swapped the portable device I reach primarily 5+ times
- My primary desktop device has changed 4 times (and if the postal service is faster the the year ended I will have changed it 5 times)....
- My concentrate vaporizer 4 times....
- My main glass rig 2 times
... and more

I'd love to hear from all users, the members that have a couple of vapes but also am most intrigued by those of you that have many choices. What was your Most Reached For? Why?
I could work out the length of time between each purchase and technically work out which devices were in my hands the longest and come up with some names but the reality is what I am using now - is what I am using all the time now - I have like a list of 13 or 16-17 including glass items that are my favorites purchases of the year - but nothing has stood strong as most reached for for longer than 3 months before being knocked off for something else (and the main things I use now I haven't had for more than 3 months).

Today I used the Aroma 3, the Taroma 360, the Inspire Wand, the Tempest and a Peak Pro v2

smsdigitaluk

Time for the annual MRF awards.

My fellow VASers what were the top vape(s) in your hand the most in 2023? Maybe you tried several but there was always that one you kept coming back to. I'd love to hear from all users, the members that have a couple of vapes but also am most intrigued by those of you that have many choices. What was your Most Reached For? Why?

This is the first year for me that I didn't purchase 5 or more vapes. Maybe I'm starting to move out the phase where I think I need to try everything and am instead in a state where I use what I like the most. To be fair I was sent a few vapes this year to try for a period of time before it moved onto the next tester. I didn't purchase new vapes during those times so I could focus on the one I was testing. They call it "testing", I'll say enjoying.

I'm surprised by my portable pick. Not because it isn't a great vape, it damn sure is, but because I am definitely a variety guy. I like to switch things up typically. Don't eat the same things twice, change my clothing style frequently, listen to different genres of music. I use different vape devices throughout the day because I crave variety. I'm not a sit in one lane kind of guy. Yet...

The portable winner for this year was the same vape as last year's winner. Thermal Accumulator from @phattpiggie!!!

20231129-064454.jpg

20231129-064524.jpg

20231129-064542.jpg

20231129-064558.jpg

20231129-064623.jpg

This vape holds a nice load, is easy to clean, is easy for me to use, and provides a tasty dense hit. I use it with the Wand from Ispire rather than a torch a majority of the time.

For the desktop vape category I have the dilemma in that my winner is still under NDA. I can't supply a picture of it, a description, or the name. The maker for this fantastic device is PhattPiggie. This guys vapes just seem to get me.

What I can say is I had a desktop vape sent to me. I enjoyed the hell out of it. While I had this I had no desire to use any other vape, this includes my portable winner. I went through a good amount of flower while I had it. It is one of those vapes you hit too much because you are really enjoying the use and the flavor. A lot of times I caught myself loading it again after I was already good-n-high. I think I got the maker a little annoyed, I hung onto this device about a month longer than I was supposed to before sending to the next tester. If the maker would have let me buy it and not send it along it would have been happy dance time for me. Cannot wait for this to reach the market and have one of my own.
My most used vape of 2023 has been my Qoroma Staroma desktop BV - It's an absolute beast. My portable go to devices are still Dynavap and the mighty. Ideal for being out and about.

someTooL

Anvil was by far used the most. Actually the Anvil WPA and various glass pieces/parts.

The Camouflet Inductor came in to rotation replacing torch need late, but it and the Anvil are a desktop dream.

The Inductor brought life back to my Dyna collection too and of course makes the lotus a fun experience.

Let’s stop on the ZX for a moment. Super effective and efficient desktop design that replaced ALOT of metal contraptions sitting around my desktop. Don’t get me wrong, there is a “Custom” metal one out there that i dream of having.

The trusty FW8 rocked my portable needs whenever small times that was needed. Glad to see the FW catchy on again as it’s certainly a favorite of mine.

The Proxy and Pro V2 were always being used but the XL upgrade was a HUGE one for the Pro. I don’t even think of pulling out a banger and torch anymore.

Thanks for the shares all!

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Well let's let's open pandoras box . To start on normal days I fire up my DIY 2 pid box it is setup to hold 1 coil in place any coil any size in this case its a 25mm with a tidow pro. The other pid runs my (to be released screwball) ...
For over night trips the (soon to be released screwball starter kit ) for carrying around work my stunner .. that being said the reason my BFG. Dani and fusion are no longer in rotation is I gift them to friends ....the same way I got my first DynaVap.
Ow ps I have been using selected 18mm male to 14mm female as glass microdose diffuser style bowls .

OK their it is let's hear the hate!!!!!

Jojofernz

Well let's let's open pandoras box . To start on normal days I fire up my DIY 2 pid box it is setup to hold 1 coil in place any coil any size in this case its a 25mm with a tidow pro. The other pid runs my (to be released screwball) ...
For over night trips the (soon to be released screwball starter kit ) for carrying around work my stunner .. that being said the reason my BFG. Dani and fusion are no longer in rotation is I gift them to friends ....the same way I got my first DynaVap.
Ow ps I have been using selected 18mm male to 14mm female as glass microdose diffuser style bowls .

OK there it is let's hear the hate!!!!!
Love those j-hooks, I got the same one with a green mushroom in it. The guy that puts them together is sending me another one soon with a carb hole!! Great looking setups!!!

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
For flower my most reached for was my Anvil. Simple operation, and I love pairing it with a water piece. I have a little 10mm doughnut travel rig I use for tasting sessions, and a double slit perc can bubbler I use for my heavier sessions.

For hash I love my little Vapman, such a nice little ritual. I am very much looking forward to the heating station release this coming year.

Runner up goes to my Toad. The flavor is the best of anything I've tried, but my technique is still lacking. Recently I put even more cooling beads in the stem and it restricted the draw a bit more, making it a lot easier to use for me. I'm thinking it's likely to displace my Anvil this coming year, but only time will tell.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I started the year using the woodscents for pc gaming, flowerpot for heavy hitting, dotleaf for street usage.

In march I received the Anvil

It´s december and i havent used any of the other 3 more than 3 or 4 times, and when I used them they felt underwhelming.

And my vapcaps are now crying in the depth of the drawer.

I thought the cure of VAS was a lie but it does exist indeed.

Principal Guy

Dab Ready with Terp Hammer, hands down, end of story!!!

PS As much as I love the dab ready/terp hammer, I still enjoy mighty+, TM2, omnivap, RWW quartz cap and my “sleeper” of the year was the xmax v3 pro. Very impressed with this less expensive vaporizer. Variety truly is the spice of life!!!

Razzle_N_Dazzle

MRF 2014-2023:

OG PAX
Reason - I was a freshman in college and needed something discrete for the dorms. I remember it was either the PAX or the MFLB (Magic-Flight Launch Box). I decided to splurge on the PAX. It was the coolest thing and everyone loved it. Now that I think about it haven't heard about the MFLB in years. I also used the original G-pen for wax but I still prefered using flower in the PAX. I never got another vape because I never needed to. I consistantly used it for years with no big issues.

MRF 2023:

PAX Plus
Reason - After 9 and a half years my OG PAX finally started showing it's age. The mouthpiece wouldn't stay in place, the temperature change button barely worked, and the oven struggled to hold a temp. I used the still valid warranty and upgraded to the Plus. I hoping for another 9 good years 👍

PS: The G-pen died after a year lol I also used the free 2-piece plastic grinder than came with the PAX for at least 6 years and never cleaned it. It did it's job and I never complained :lol: I'm currently using a random gifted 4-piece but I recenly placed an order for a 3-piece OMD which should last me unitl I die.

someTooL

A little late and totally left off my list, but used EVERY session for me.

The CH Pax scoop. I’ve used it extensively for >4 years now. Every session I have had has been loaded by that scoop.

Tried to replace it recently, but went straight back due to its shape and ease of use.

coolbreeze

When I had more money I mostly reached for my butane vapes, but since my side-gig ended I've been going for the TM2. It's insanely efficient with the dosing capsules, I've never stretched weed this long.
Fwiw, the Good Vibes Boro 18mm Killer, the Lamart Piro, and the elusive Dreamwood DLX One will all work on an 18mm joint with a basket. All are amazing vapes and exceptional values. Minidosers with desktop power.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
For every bowl i filled i reached for my Reload (by MADheaters)!

Since i dump my ABV i use the three containers for ground weed (if necessary you can always add more compartments but usually three containers get me thru the day).
The Reload is made to use with Tempest/Revolve/Dynavap-style vapes so the combination with the Tempest is just great, near perfection imo! (Unscrewing bowl, debowling, reloading, tamping, adjusting screens, screwdriver for the top...) but i had mine since they first came out and have been using it for all my vaping adventures since day 1.
At home and on the go.
Couldn't do without!
My favourite vape accessory!!
I love the slick, smellproof design, the multiple separate containers, all the features, the magnetic keychain, the adaptability (you can use just one small container or add as many as you like/need), the different colors :D...
Man, i just love the whole thing so i keep buying more!
Everybody should have one (or a couple)!!
Edit: another advantage of the design: i always put the high stuff (Sativa) in the top part and the (indica) in the bottom part, and hybrid goes in the middle so i always know what's where (almost always anyways)...
:tup:

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I guess I do have a most reached for as far as gear goes.

Gotta say my jyarz. Being able to store an Oz, with perfect humidity, and literally no smell? Man I wish these had been around 10 years ago. They're perfect.

And the classic goes everywhere with me. Perfect companion for my m+.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Brilliant Cut Grinder, but the color changes.
Dab Ready with Terp Hammer and Hot Rod most used desktops. They are both on from when I wake up until bedtime.
Angus for portable, but also use various Dynavap and The Wand or Inductor, so it's a guess about which I use more.

Top Bottom