2023 Most Reached For

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Time for the annual MRF awards.

My fellow VASers what were the top vape(s) in your hand the most in 2023? Maybe you tried several but there was always that one you kept coming back to. I'd love to hear from all users, the members that have a couple of vapes but also am most intrigued by those of you that have many choices. What was your Most Reached For? Why?

This is the first year for me that I didn't purchase 5 or more vapes. Maybe I'm starting to move out the phase where I think I need to try everything and am instead in a state where I use what I like the most. To be fair I was sent a few vapes this year to try for a period of time before it moved onto the next tester. I didn't purchase new vapes during those times so I could focus on the one I was testing. They call it "testing", I'll say enjoying.

I'm surprised by my portable pick. Not because it isn't a great vape, it damn sure is, but because I am definitely a variety guy. I like to switch things up typically. Don't eat the same things twice, change my clothing style frequently, listen to different genres of music. I use different vape devices throughout the day because I crave variety. I'm not a sit in one lane kind of guy. Yet...

The portable winner for this year was the same vape as last year's winner. Thermal Accumulator from @phattpiggie!!!

20231129-064454.jpg

20231129-064524.jpg

20231129-064542.jpg

20231129-064558.jpg

20231129-064623.jpg

This vape holds a nice load, is easy to clean, is easy for me to use, and provides a tasty dense hit. I use it with the Wand from Ispire rather than a torch a majority of the time.

For the desktop vape category I have the dilemma in that my winner is still under NDA. I can't supply a picture of it, a description, or the name. The maker for this fantastic device is PhattPiggie. This guys vapes just seem to get me.

What I can say is I had a desktop vape sent to me. I enjoyed the hell out of it. While I had this I had no desire to use any other vape, this includes my portable winner. I went through a good amount of flower while I had it. It is one of those vapes you hit too much because you are really enjoying the use and the flavor. A lot of times I caught myself loading it again after I was already good-n-high. I think I got the maker a little annoyed, I hung onto this device about a month longer than I was supposed to before sending to the next tester. If the maker would have let me buy it and not send it along it would have been happy dance time for me. Cannot wait for this to reach the market and have one of my own.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Since I got my Couchlog (first desktop) it has been my most reached for vape by far. It tastes amazing and it's always on and ready to go so it's almost not fair to my other portables. However, this is what I wanted from a desktop vape, so I'm happy there.

Prior to the CL, it was a toss-up between the Stunner, AVLP and an all-glass PTGlass "dynavap" with a low temp cap for portable reach test.

For the desktop vape category I have the dilemma in that my winner is still under NDA. I can't supply a picture of it, a description, or the name. The maker for this fantastic device is PhattPiggie. This guys vapes just seem to get me.

What I can say is I had a desktop vape sent to me. I enjoyed the hell out of it. While I had this I had no desire to use any other vape, this includes my portable winner. I went through a good amount of flower while I had it. It is one of those vapes you hit too much because you are really enjoying the use and the flavor. A lot of times I caught myself loading it again after I was already good-n-high. I think I got the maker a little annoyed, I hung onto this device about a month longer than I was supposed to before sending to the next tester. If the maker would have let me buy it and not send it along it would have been happy dance time for me. Cannot wait for this to reach the market and have one of my own.

Aaaaaah! Now I'll be wondering about this until it's revealed 😣

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Mine’s the FW9 since I basically exclusively partake outside on walks and it’s been super convenient to prep at home, then pocket or pass while in motion.

Home use has been the Underdog SC3+, but it’s also my only desktop so it doesn’t have much competition 😅

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It's a close call quite honestly between only 2 DV Ti tips (w/5 dif caps) thru June and pretty much only OH-TR after, but because OH-TR has made it so fun and easy to dab (after a 1.5 year hiatus from all concentrates), my overall intake has increased a lil bit, so I'd have to give the "push" to OH-TR...:tup: with no end in sight..!:smug::peace:

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Italian lotus wins the portable reach test for the last few months.

ZX is used almost every day. The only thing I can see toppling off the desktop to spot is the ZXL I'm expecting soon. The honourable mention goes to @GoodVibesBoro 18mmK that gets a look in most days too.

I am looking forward to finding out about PPs desktop though!

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Another vote for the Thermal Accumulator.

Since I've bought it during the first drop about a year ago, this vape has been used every day.
I've used it so much that the cork tool it came with is barely usable anymore.
Joint-like mouthpulls and direct hits are equally satisfying, potent and tasty.
It's great with the Revolve and it's just as great with an Ed's tnt WPA on a Prophet/j-hook.

Arguably vape of the year for me.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
This is a really cool idea. Well, I'm unexciting. Mines a ss m+ as that's all I've had. We'll see if what I just ordered gets here in time to still count as 2023. If not, no worries. But I suspect if it does get here in time it'll be all I use while I'm at home for the duration of the winter

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I feel I'm in rarefied air, but here goes.
I don't know about MRF, it depends on the background circumstance.

Hangin' with my wife, which I do a lot, we mostly use Bowles, or for passing, MiniVap.

For solo, at home use I often go to a Splinter V2.

Longer car/road trips, over-nighters, the Mighty.

I usually enjoy morning coffee with Roffu. Also for shorter car rides, errands.
Wife goes to office 2 or 3 days a week and insists on a filled V3Pro for her ride home.

Last edited:

jkeyes98

Not sure which has been the most reached for over the last year as it keeps changing as I get new ones to try! I'd say my most used desktop has been a DIY hothole with Omega, I've been loving it with the 14mm injector using 18mm-14f adapters.

For portables I usually carry this small case that's got all the goodies with the Wand, Stunner, DV, Reload

The newest addition that has been getting a lot of attention is the M22 with bubbler on a rimc.

olysh pops

This annual MRF awards is a great idea. Thanks for inviting us :)

I had the Bakx in my hands this summer for a month and a half, then I sent it back after having made a wrong manipulation. The honeymoon was really great, and it might have won the contest if I'd been able to keep it.

The Mighty + came along after the incident withe the Bakx, but while it's indispensable to me, it's not the one I use most. The Rossner also came on the table, as did the glass hash pipe, but they're rarely used.

The one that's been in my hands the most, the one that's sent me into the stars the most this year is the Terpcicle, a Termal Extraction Device that has become my most-used desktop vaporizer.
I'm addicted to the size of the clouds and their taste.
Here, it's the big 2023 winner.

Terpcicle & Quartzcap

Terpcicle Quartz Long with short connector

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I always love to revisit this tradition, although my answer continues to be boring.
2021: Tinymight
2022: Tinymight and CouchLog

And this year. I added a bunch of desktops and I rarely use portables now. So without further ado...

Desktop: CouchLog and Omega
Portable: Tinymight

Most used glass: Prophet and Influx

I still love trying new vapes but some how the easy answers keep me coming back.

Jojofernz

Only been fully into vaping since the beginning of this year

But on the go: Dynavap in a dynacup induction heater or wand or a Lobo when with the fiancé

At home: Terpcicles, got two of them I love them so much, crazy flavor, crazy clouds.

Got an OWW Bong Sook Shin recently and I actually find myself using it daily. The direct intake vape offers such incredible flavor, clouds, and instant effects for me I could probably hit that all day if it was just me.

So 4 for me now I constantly reach for. Feels like my vape journey is just beginning though and will change by next year greatly.

bestvaping

Personally, for a positive day (and when I'm not outdoors) I always start with my SBL Runt (certainly the most used vape in my collection), I love the instant on-demand heating (probably the brick with the most accessories available, and what's more, the Runt is really easy to handle (I love the fact that I can remove the herb chamber or the top part)). Then towards the middle of the day, when I'm quite high and tired, I take the Couchlog which, once switched on, also provides instant heating on demand. That's all I'm looking for and need. I'm thinking of using my TM2 a little more for 2024, I'm starting to appreciate it more and more (for the moment I use it mainly outdoors, or in my bed). I'd love to have a TA and a Toad, but it might take a while. I haven't had any luck with the Toad lottery yet, and the TA seems to be the most eagerly awaited vaporware of all time (I've been saving up according to the official release dates announced by PhattPiggie, but these were never respected and now I'm out of money.) 🤣

cannasoor

This annual MRF awards is a great idea. Thanks for inviting us :)

First, let me second @olysh pops thanks to @HughJundys :bowdown: for the tradition (my first time to this particular thread-type, however).

My two MFR vapes this year are definitely my OG EpicVape E-Nano (cherry wood) for desktop, and my OG Lotus (with the longer black stem) for portable (although it never really leaves my den).

The E-Nano is:
  • handy (almost always on, 24/7/350+, modulo an annual vacation);
  • flexible (I usually do multi-stem/round-robin sessions with different strains—the Nano really facilitates switching stems);
  • flexible again (mostly dry with standard SS-screen stems, but also with a gong on my Magic-Flight Orbiter for "hot/wet/fast" sessions);
  • bee-yoo-tee-ful (in cherry and black, the centerpiece of a consistently-styled collection);
  • absu-fucking-lutely delicious (I'm a slow-steppin', flavor-chasin' sipper most of the time, starting at about 4.5 on the dial);
  • low maintenance (I clean stems in very short order, at my desk, with Everclear on a tissue plug, pushed through with a dowel tool);
  • really just a joy to use, and an all-around lifesaver.
The Lotus delivers exquisite flavor with different dynamics, and usually rides sidecar to a multi-stem E-Nano session. Sometimes, the very first hit on the Lotus has even better flavor than the E-Nano … but the Nano tends to hold on to exquisite or nearly-so flavor for longer. So they contend back and forth for that top flavor spot—gee, more's the shame, eh? :lol: .

My Milaana (1.5?) is offline just at the moment, due to another glue failure on the inner glass (special thanks to @khelek41girl for help the first time). It sometimes accompanies or replaces the Lotus in the sidecar position. And it occasionally contends for top flavor, but is a bit more finicky (I probably also need new batteries …).

I have high hopes for my very recently acquired Vapman ("pure" edition, Kotibé wood)—still working out my technique with this one, but it has an interestingly-different flavor profile (I tend to burn my fingers a bit, though :shrug:). It certainly shows promise, but at less than a week in, we're still getting to know each other.

Finally, I am eagerly awaiting a new Phase3 ZX/ZB—I even dreamed about it while napping today! All reports suggest this will be a winner for both flavor and power, and it gets me on board that big ol' "coil-and-ball" bus that's been roarin' through here lately :p .

Oh, if we are including non-vape "devices", I would have to mention my consistently excellent OG BCG (fine plate, small) and a "session board" of my own design, which I use to track temp-stepping sessions on the E-Nano. I now very consistently get 80+ hits of approx. 15 secs. each (on every stem in a multi-stem session), by starting very low and steppin' real slow. I realize that sounds ridiculous and outrageous :hmm::mental::whoa:, but I know the numbers are pretty accurate due to careful (obsessive?) tracking on the sesh board.

[sorry; apparently I ramble a bit when I'm Exceedingly High … ]

Last edited:
Top Bottom