Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

killick

But I like it!
3bie still isn't here and I'm already jonesing for the single batt unit. Mine is gonna be called The Lion, unless thats what the whole line gets called.

Then it'll be 'Squirrel', as in Moose and Squirrel, but then I remembered our neighbours chocolate lab is already called Mousse (they are chefs...)

Would it be wierd if someone came up and said 'thats a nice looking moose and/or squirrel you're sucking on there young feller'?

bounce5

3bie still isn't here and I'm already jonesing for the single batt unit. Mine is gonna be called The Lion, unless thats what the whole line gets called.

Then it'll be 'Squirrel', as in Moose and Squirrel, but then I remembered our neighbours chocolate lab is already called Mousse (they are chefs...)

Would it be wierd if someone came up and said 'thats a nice looking moose and/or squirrel you're sucking on there young feller'?

I still like Ion for this one, and Lion and Zion for the other two.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@RastaBuddhaTao will there be a SUB/USP/ion 100 for the first bouts of preorders like there was for the Zion??

I don't think so, even that plan was tweaked bc of the way orders and delays arose. I think the single batt is pretty open ended right now, I think it will see an accelerated beta test period and move quicker into production since the technology is already proven and simple.

Shit Snacks

But this is a single battery unit, and won't last as long as the Zion or the Powerhouse unregulated i have

:doh: forgot where we were. Given that the single will be running hot, I think it will be similarly efficient for quick hits, but half the power of course. Probably 4-8 bowls or so? Too soon to know now, only one real 18mm prototype

bukster

but half the power of course.
i know its very early and only real beta prototype users know... but by this you mean battery life? or general power? and will it be like the zion that it handles dry and water?,concentrates, eliquids, or dose famous flower drops, etc.? sorry about the multiple questions :p

And some ideas.. i don't know if it has been mentioned before, but maybe they could make some kind of dugout (for stem and extra batt) with magnets aligned with the unit, so you could remove it, keeping the stem and the batt safe for travel plus neat as a almost single unit, but while in use separate it to keep it stealth and tiny. A cap for the heating element would be nice too, to keep any dirt from the pocket out of the unit.
saludos.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

i know its very early and only real beta prototype users know... but by this you mean battery life? or general power? and will it be like the zion that it handles dry and water?,concentrates, eliquids, or dose famous flower drops, etc.? sorry about the multiple questions :p

And some ideas.. i don't know if it has been mentioned before, but maybe they could make some kind of dugout (for stem and extra batt) with magnets aligned with the unit, so you could remove it, keeping the stem and the batt safe for travel plus neat as a almost single unit, but while in use separate it to keep it stealth and tiny. A cap for the heating element would be nice too, to keep any dirt from the pocket out of the unit.
saludos.

Yes, just half the battery life bc its one vs two. The power itself will be turnt up so its like a Zion running at max power since there's no dial, running direct off the battery with no computer chip needed for regulation. The heater and stem system will be identical to the Zion, so yeah herbs liquids waxes what have you.

And yeah the dugout version, or a dugout accesory, has been what I am hoping for some day too... But one thing at a time! ;)

anasrzi

Finally given in and preordered one of these and I'm so excited I simply can't wait until it's been made and is on route to my door, might take a while but as we've all seen with the Zion it's well worth the wait. As a international backer I've been unsure as to whether I'll ever get a Zion in hand so this is the next best thing, with plenty of power and that bit more stealthy due to its size can see this becoming my new best buddy :)

Ok few questions I still have maybe someone could help me with. As a international backer do I stil get the lifer warranty as a preorder subscriber? Has anyone any idea of a order no? Or is it a little early for that.

Either way I'm super pumped and my vas is sorted (for now at the very least ;))

Oh yeah like to say a big thank you to @thekarmawhore for keeping me in the loop and sorting it with RBT, may thanks again for everything and helping me become a member of the ever increasing Rasta collective :tup:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Check out RBTs latest snapshot on Twitter!

MZK6Brd.jpg

(https://mobile.twitter.com/RastaBuddhaTao)

@RastaBuddhaTao Long live #1!!! A ziontastic hooray for you .. This looks so fuckin beautiful.... Wooooooo:rockon::bowdown::clap:

Of course, I'm coming to this party also.. :D

Peace y'all:peace:

bukster

yeah! I couldn't hold myself... really wanted the Zion but right now I hate the exchange rate... so I went for this little bugger! hopefully I'll get myself a Zion too.

I'm waiting for the GH as well so... better keep my mind of those for a while. Lotus keep me busy.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

anasrzi

Oh my i can't contain my desire to have one in my hand right now, thanks for that @vapen00b (sort of :lol:) I'm still super happy to be on the preorder list can't wait to see ever more happening on this thread now the mighty Zion is sorted and shipping out.

Must be patient it is a virtue after all but it's so hard :ugh:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Yes, just half the battery life bc its one vs two. The power itself will be turnt up so its like a Zion running at max power since there's no dial, running direct off the battery with no computer chip needed for regulation. The heater and stem system will be identical to the Zion, so yeah herbs liquids waxes what have you.

You know if there will ever be a regulated Single Battery?

Just asking because I find in general that regulation usually prolongs the "sessions per charge" if that makes sense. I don't have the most experience in this, but I was dabbling around with Mechanical Mods for Ecigs and Regulated Mods for Ecigs, and in general I just vastly prefer the Regulation. Yeah, the Mech Mod chiefs like a beast on the first few sessions, but then its at 75% power and just doesn't hit as hard, then its at 50% power and it hits even less hard, and so on and so forth. In terms of "quality" hits, they are really more towards the top of the battery charge.

But, with a regulated mod, I can set it to X, and get quality hits everytime. The device may say its tapped out or needs charged when there is still some juice left in battery, but there isn't enough juice to give it the power I want so it doesn't fire.

Hope that made sense. Guess in layman's terms I find that the Unregulated Mods give me more hits overrall, but the quality and power on half the hits is much more variable in terms of where the battery is at on the "charge." While, I get less overall hits with a regulated device, but every hit tastes awesome and is drawing the proper power I'm asking. Just prefer the regulation in general. Don't know how much more $ it would entail, but just a thought.

Shit Snacks

You know if there will ever be a regulated Single Battery?

Just asking because I find in general that regulation usually prolongs the "sessions per charge" if that makes sense. I don't have the most experience in this, but I was dabbling around with Mechanical Mods for Ecigs and Regulated Mods for Ecigs, and in general I just vastly prefer the Regulation. Yeah, the Mech Mod chiefs like a beast on the first few sessions, but then its at 75% power and just doesn't hit as hard, then its at 50% power and it hits even less hard, and so on and so forth. In terms of "quality" hits, they are really more towards the top of the battery charge.

But, with a regulated mod, I can set it to X, and get quality hits everytime. The device may say its tapped out or needs charged when there is still some juice left in battery, but there isn't enough juice to give it the power I want so it doesn't fire.

Hope that made sense. Guess in layman's terms I find that the Unregulated Mods give me more hits overrall, but the quality and power on half the hits is much more variable in terms of where the battery is at on the "charge." While, I get less overall hits with a regulated device, but every hit tastes awesome and is drawing the proper power I'm asking. Just prefer the regulation in general. Don't know how much more $ it would entail, but just a thought.

Yeah I can't speak to mods at all, but this is ofcourse different tech (in the heater at the very least) so I don't know how fair of a comparison that really is myself...

There are many future ideas kicking around, I too am looking forward to a regulated single battery, would be a true Zion Mini then. We need these ones to take off first though, until the company becomes establish with actual profit, I don't see any new models materializing beyond a prototype...

However, battery life wise, with the Zion tuned to max power, and even more importantly for this convo, in the unregulated dual unit with true raw max power, the battery life is phenomenal, right @IAmKrazy2? So I'd expect the single battery betas to have similar efficiency being turnt up, you press the button for just a few seconds before you've got more than enough heat for a massive cloudy hit, so battery life really should be great here too.

Long battery life should be constant throughout the Zion line with the same heater technology and high quality 18650 batteries, regardless of their other differences

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Yeah I can't speak to mods at all, but this is ofcourse different tech (in the heater at the very least) so I don't know how fair of a comparison that really is myself...

There are many future ideas kicking around, I too am looking forward to a regulated single battery, would be a true Zion Mini then. We need these ones to take off first though, until the company becomes establish with actual profit, I don't see any new models materializing beyond a prototype...

However, battery life wise, with the Zion tuned to max power, and even more importantly for this convo, in the unregulated dual unit with true raw max power, the battery life is phenomenal, right @IAmKrazy2? So I'd expect the single battery betas to have similar efficiency being turnt up, you press the button for just a few seconds before you've got more than enough heat for a massive cloudy hit, so battery life really should be great here too.

Long battery life should be constant throughout the Zion line with the same heater technology and high quality 18650 batteries, regardless of their other differences

Appreciate the insight. I also am not really all that familiar with ecig mods, but from the little experience I have, they seemed very similar in terms of what's going on with "regulation" but I am not knowledgeable enough to know if its truly similar.

Battery life, while awesome that it's phenomenal, I still think the dual unregulated would encounter the same idea (its not a problem, just way it works) I'm talking about. But, I could be totally wrong just was a thought I had as I hit my ecig and read this thread.

Here is maybe a (crude) example to illustrate my point. The Zion Heater and the Wire Wraps aren't pertinent, imo, but maybe they truly are?

You have a water tank. You open the valve, water gushes out. When the tank has less water, it doesn't "gush" out like it did at the top of the tank. It trickles. The amount of water being forced out the valve when the tank is full, is higher than the amount of water being forced out the valve when the tank is less. That's my crude "unregulated" example. Water/Power on, Water/Power off. Just consider the water tank as a battery. Water as the "energy"

For my "regulated example" you have the exact same tank, but this time you have a valve that when you push it, it always shoots out X ounces of water. Whether you hit that valve when the tank is full, or when the tank is low, you'll always get X ounces of water (provided the water is there). Again, substitute water tank for battery and water for energy.

Does that make sense? So while a dual unregulated may still last 3 days, the hits at the top of day 1, are going to have more OOMPH and energy to them than the hits on Day 3. If you don't need to use a lot of energy on a hit, it's probably not an issue. But I'm a guy who likes taking big rips. I can't help but feel there would be some sort of quality difference if I packed the stem of the unregulated at a "fully charged" then if I packed it up at 70% empty. If I need the batteries for the "optimum" hit for me to be running at like.....60%.... unregulated, I'd be drawing more power than necessary at the top (still will get quality hits), but then eventually won't be able to draw enough power to satisfy me, but it still will draw some power. The regulated I should be able to set it to "60%" , I should get more quality hits of my liking because the hits at the top are just drawing enough power for my level.....so the extra power that isn't being used can be used for more quality hits on the backend. That make sense?

Reason this was on my mind was because yeah I used to use the Mechanical Unregulated Ecigarette mods and they wouldn't really satisfy me through the day; I'd get decent hits on the second half of my battery, but they just clearly were not up to the quality of the hits when the battery was fully charged. Comparatively, I'm running my stuff right now at 30w and it will keep giving me same quality hits until the battery is "dead".

But that "dead" battery would probably have more juice in it than the unregulated one if I cashed them both out. Because the one in the regulated was only not firing because it couldn't reach the levels I set for it. If I turn down the wattage/voltage, it will fire (to a degree) The unregulated will keep on throwing out energy until its totally needing a charge. Hopefully this makes sense lol. I'll be following this along to see what comes of it.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Appreciate the insight. I also am not really all that familiar with ecig mods, but from the little experience I have, they seemed very similar in terms of what's going on with "regulation" but I am not knowledgeable enough to know if its truly similar.

Battery life, while awesome that it's phenomenal, I still think the dual unregulated would encounter the same idea (its not a problem, just way it works) I'm talking about. But, I could be totally wrong just was a thought I had as I hit my ecig and read this thread.

Here is maybe a (crude) example to illustrate my point. The Zion Heater and the Wire Wraps aren't pertinent, imo, but maybe they truly are?

You have a water tank. You open the valve, water gushes out. When the tank has less water, it doesn't "gush" out like it did at the top of the tank. It trickles. The amount of water being forced out the valve when the tank is full, is higher than the amount of water being forced out the valve when the tank is less. That's my crude "unregulated" example. Water/Power on, Water/Power off. Just consider the water tank as a battery. Water as the "energy"

For my "regulated example" you have the exact same tank, but this time you have a valve that when you push it, it always shoots out X ounces of water. Whether you hit that valve when the tank is full, or when the tank is low, you'll always get X ounces of water (provided the water is there). Again, substitute water tank for battery and water for energy.

Does that make sense? So while a dual unregulated may still last 3 days, the hits at the top of day 1, are going to have more OOMPH and energy to them than the hits on Day 3. If you don't need to use a lot of energy on a hit, it's probably not an issue. But I'm a guy who likes taking big rips. I can't help but feel there would be some sort of quality difference if I packed the stem of the unregulated at a "fully charged" then if I packed it up at 70% empty. If I need the batteries for the "optimum" hit for me to be running at like.....60%.... unregulated, I'd be drawing more power than necessary at the top (still will get quality hits), but then eventually won't be able to draw enough power to satisfy me, but it still will draw some power. The regulated I should be able to set it to "60%" , I should get more quality hits of my liking because the hits at the top are just drawing enough power for my level.....so the extra power that isn't being used can be used for more quality hits on the backend. That make sense?

Reason this was on my mind was because yeah I used to use the Mechanical Unregulated Ecigarette mods and they wouldn't really satisfy me through the day; I'd get decent hits on the second half of my battery, but they just clearly were not up to the quality of the hits when the battery was fully charged. Comparatively, I'm running my stuff right now at 30w and it will keep giving me same quality hits until the battery is "dead".

But that "dead" battery would probably have more juice in it than the unregulated one if I cashed them both out. Because the one in the regulated was only not firing because it couldn't reach the levels I set for it. If I turn down the wattage/voltage, it will fire (to a degree) The unregulated will keep on throwing out energy until its totally needing a charge. Hopefully this makes sense lol. I'll be following this along to see what comes of it.

This all makes perfect sense and accurately describes how the unregulated device will work. To get the optimum from the USB, you'll have to be careful of battery choice and it still will suffer as it depletes. Longer button press times should compensate for the voltage loss but eventually this will stop being satisfying, as you've already experienced. The point where this happens probably varies by individual.

Shit Snacks

Ah yes! Now I see what you mean

So yes for one thing the Zion has a cutoff at around 3.5v (maybe 3.7 can't recall) to protect batteries from overdischarge, but not matter where on the dial you are the voltage is regulated so performance doesn't degrade unless you hit that cutoff of batteries too low.

What you are describing is indeed an issue with the single battery 14mm prototypes, but those weren't tuned at max heat like the TOD at first. True though a fresh battery will always hit hotter, and as they get low they will be cooler. However I'm pretty sure the single will also have a battery cutoff to protect, and if you just start preheating for 3-8 seconds on a weak battery you should still get good hits, bc the battery is adjust the rate the heater climbs in temp, even a weak one will get there eventually, just not instant like in the beginning...

I wonder if any of that is still true now though, hopefully we'll find out soon enough

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Awesome, much appreciated fellas! I can dig that, and I actually think I had something at one point that ran dual 18650s, but had overcharge protection and the like it totally worked much better then my standard unregulated! I can totally get behind all that, looking forward to what ya guys find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom