100% Decarb With The NOVA

HemiSync

The question I have pondered is the other way time wise. If cbd material needs extended time, let's say 2 cycles instead of one, or 1 1/2 cycles calling for the manual switch off half way through the second cycle.
I too have wondered that also. I belong to a couple cancer groups on FB and that is a question I see more and more. Many want that maximum THC/CBD conversion for their meds. I hope that Shanel at Ardent has noticed the need and is working on the problem. Maybe a future product will have two settings one for THC and one for CBD conversion.

HemiSync,

turtle360

I too have wondered that also. I belong to a couple cancer groups on FB and that is a question I see more and more. Many want that maximum THC/CBD conversion for their meds. I hope that Shanel at Ardent has noticed the need and is working on the problem. Maybe a future product will have two settings one for THC and one for CBD conversion.

I've been hounding Shanel for weeks trying to extract the cbd info but for some reason she's been avoiding me/the issue. She probably doesn't know. If she weren't so cute I'd be pissed as hell.

turtle360,
Reactions: HemiSync

Gavmar

1 hour 45 seems to be the number. 1 hour and 30 must have been the early marketing number to make it sound a little speedier without being fraudulent. After all you can decarb a quarter pound in an oven in half an hour while the Nova would take you 7 1/2 hours.

Pertaining your q, Gavmar, I can't imagine getting better results pulling the plug prematurely. That would render the device null and void the whole point being the Nova is supposed to be perfectly optimized (for thc). What are those 2 sensors doing after all? Do they detect the differences between large buds and kief or moist bud from dried out bud? If not the device is not all that smart. If decarb times vary from an hour and 25 to an hour and 55 depending on material that would be impressive.

The question I have pondered is the other way time wise. If cbd material needs extended time, let's say 2 cycles instead of one, or 1 1/2 cycles calling for the manual switch off half way through the second cycle.

According to the company they already did all the lab tests and they seem to have the correct combination of time, temp, and size for maximum conversion of THC-a to THC. So, it would be counterproductive to open it early. Somewhere I read you should not even take a peek while it's working. Just let it do what it was designed to do.
Thank you.

Gavmar,

HemiSync

I've been hounding Shanel for weeks trying to extract the cbd info but for some reason she's been avoiding me/the issue. She probably doesn't know. If she weren't so cute I'd be pissed as hell.
She and/or her staff are not always the best at communicating. It's weird, sometimes you get an answer right away or not at all.

HemiSync,

trichome_renaissance

+1
My future usage will be slightly below capacity and have a cool off period between batches.

"Slightly below capacity" meaning how many grams next time vs. how many grams were you running in the past? The instructions say 7-14g, I've been running 14-28g, and 14g (recommended maximum) only fills my unit 1/3 of the way (small unground buds).

trichome_renaissance,

trichome_renaissance

Do they detect the differences between large buds and kief or moist bud from dried out bud? If not the device is not all that smart. If decarb times vary from an hour and 25 to an hour and 55 depending on material that would be impressive.

I was about to say, considering the new units all seem to take about 1h 40m, I highly doubt there is anything all too "smart" about this device. Probably just a timer preset to that 1h 40m run cycle, and a couple of sensors working to make sure the heat setting remains constant / hopefully even throughout the device.

trichome_renaissance,

Chandler

i've just learned about this product. i'm glad people here are having positive results. The price is a bit daunting, and thats before i convert to canadian dollars....

- Does anyone know of a Canadian vendor? or can i only purchase directly from the site? without a canadian vendor, conversion and possible duties/taxes makes for a difficult purchase.
- i've made a batch of butter and one batch of coconut oi, both with great success, is this expensive device really necessary??? will it increase potency that much??
- Shanel Lindsay is beautiful! does she have an account here on FC??
- is there a reason they take up to 3 weeks for delivery?
- are you guys content with only a 1 year warranty?

Thanks

Last edited:
Chandler,

HYB

Diamond Dog
My order's been open and uncharged for two weeks (ordered on 2/27) now and I still haven't received any kind of response to any of my messages. Probably the worst cs I've ever had in my life which is putting me off from buying this, but I can't cancel the order either since my emails are being ignored.

I so wanted to get and like this product, but the cs is just awful. I'm thinking I'm never gonna get the unit or a response. Has anyone ordered in the same timeframe and experienced similiar issues? I noticed the lack of communication has been a common one at least.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Ooooooh, that's not what I wanted to hear, I just ordered last night.

I also caught up on the thread, for the most part I was encouraged by the direction this is going and the reviews. I also noticed it wasn't uncommon to not hear back and get your unit right at the 3 week point, keep your head up @HYB , it may be on the way!

Baron23

I often wonder what in the world people who start up vape related companies are thinking wrt to CS.

They KNOW they are going to start as a small company

They KNOW (or should know) from boards like this what fucked up CS does to the communities perception of them as a vendor

They know that they will need a plan to provide responsive CS

But they still set up these companies on a shoe string without enough resource to provide CS.

Or, if they aren't a shoe string company and they have enough resources, then double shame on them for treating their customers this way.

Me personally, I don't care what the product...I'm done making excuses for badly managed vape product companies.

herbivore21

I often wonder what in the world people who start up vape related companies are thinking wrt to CS.

They KNOW they are going to start as a small company

They KNOW (or should know) from boards like this what fucked up CS does to the communities perception of them as a vendor

But they still set up these companies on a shoe string without enough resource to provide CS.

Or, if they aren't a shoe string company and they have enough resources, then double shame on them for treating their customers this way.

Me personally, I don't care what the product...I'm done making excuses for badly managed vape product companies.
Couldn't agree more with this! Typically the budget isn't even shoestring brother - it is often solely comprised of pre-order $$$ from customers who have not received anything! No wonder so many stay too small for too long - they never had sufficient capital to start up in the first place! Hard to quickly hire more staff to meet demand when you have got nothing to pay them with!

It is as you say, surely vendors could see that they will need staff for customer service if there is going to be any measurable demand for the product!

I don't do pre-orders anymore and haven't for a long time. IME, they are a major drain to chase when the vendor invariably gets delayed and don't communicate this.

This isn't specifically about the Nova vendors, which I do not know enough about, however I'll say this: Too many stoners can't run a business worth a damn it would seem! Who woulda thunk it? :lol:

HYB

Diamond Dog
Ooooooh, that's not what I wanted to hear, I just ordered last night.

I also caught up on the thread, for the most part I was encouraged by the direction this is going and the reviews. I also noticed it wasn't uncommon to not hear back and get your unit right at the 3 week point, keep your head up @HYB , it may be on the way!

I've been reading this thread too, and mostly I want to believe in the timeframe. Except my card still hasn't been charged. I believe Ardent charges the order right away even if they dont ship for a while, but this might have changed after moving to V2?

The bigger issue for me is that they have still not replied to my inquiry about the HZ change between US/Fin, which is what I'm most worried about.

MonkeyTime

I've been reading this thread too, and mostly I want to believe in the timeframe. Except my card still hasn't been charged. I believe Ardent charges the order right away even if they dont ship for a while, but this might have changed after moving to V2?

The bigger issue for me is that they have still not replied to my inquiry about the HZ change between US/Fin, which is what I'm most worried about.
Just checked my card, my payment is still pending too..... Worse case, at least we're not fighting to get our money back :uhoh:

JRyan

Everyone will receive their units.

Don't let the lack of communication distract you. This device does exactly what it claims and it does so with the utmost discretion and simplicity.

That's not to say that everyone's complaints aren't warranted, either.

Keep calm :)

JRyan,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Everyone will receive their units.

Don't let the lack of communication distract you. This device does exactly what it claims and it does so with the utmost discretion and simplicity.

That's not to say that everyone's complaints aren't warranted, either.

Keep calm :)

I hear what you are saying bud, I love the idea of this device and really want one for the ease of use, discretion and decarb performance.

But I'm not purchasing one of these devices until I know I have the full support of Ardent in case an issue arises, like the ones reported by users where the device runs for too long.

With users placing orders and not even receiving confirmation emails or charges against their account it's a limbo situation, without the ability to get a response to a query on the order progress.

I'm sure these teething issues will get sorted but until they do I'm going to have to patiently wait it out.

HYB

Diamond Dog
It's nice to know no-one else's card has been charged until they ship either, I have to keep the money reserved in my account. Though I'm still not sure they're even able to charge my card once they get to shipping, since it wouldn't let me go to the confirmation page for the payment (but it still shows up in my orders). Also I'm still worried about the fact if it will even work over here since I have not received a response to the hz change inquiry, and if I get a faulty unit even returning it is gonna be a nightmare with the customer service being like it is.

I really want the device as it's going to make my life easier, but yeah they really need to step it up with the CS because I'm not the only complainer.

Last edited:

Hobbess

Relaxed

What percentage THCA > THC conversion do you think there is when vaporizing?

I use a Volcano and I wonder if I'm converting only a fraction of my bud to THC vapor, keeping me from getting as high as I want to and forcing me to use more bud to keep at a certain medicated level.

I tried vaping oven decarbed bud and got a very disturbing powerful high, I've been thinking about waiting for my Nova before trying it again.

Good thread.

HemiSync

I use a Volcano and I wonder if I'm converting only a fraction of my bud to THC vapor, keeping me from getting as high as I want to and forcing me to use more bud to keep at a certain medicated level.

I tried vaping oven decarbed bud and got a very disturbing powerful high, I've been thinking about waiting for my Nova before trying it again.

Good thread.

I know a couple people that swear by vaping decarbed bud. My tolerance is so high I cant tell the difference myself.

MonkeyTime

Good thread.

That's a great question, hope someone can chime in.

MonkeyTime,

Krazy

Lol, she could certainly play herself in a movie about her company. Reminds me a bit of Olivia Munn in that her type of good looks works in both a corporate and headshop setting.

"Slightly below capacity" meaning how many grams next time vs. how many grams were you running in the past? The instructions say 7-14g, I've been running 14-28g, and 14g (recommended maximum) only fills my unit 1/3 of the way (small unground buds).
"Holds up to 14g to an ounce of flower (depending on the density) or 5 ounces of kief" The implication is that, whilst you shouldn't pass 5oz in weight, the limiting factor is volume. Either you misread the weight or they changed it at their website.

On all of my runs I left a bit of room at the top for air circulation. i left enough room for the inner lid to NOT touch the plant matter. I did a single kief run of 1/4lb. All of my bud is water cured and desert dry. If I break a banana sized bud into little buds 28g fills up the container.

EDIT: So Im actually not screwing up on the capacity. What I would do differently is add in a cool down period.

You are not wrong. Are you a non young person? It really is the new normal for start ups.

My CS experience with them has ranged from an auto respond email with a person following up >1 week later to an email AND a phone call within a few hours of my contacting them. Within the context of the new normal they are actually pretty good. Think bootstrap rather than shoestring.

Last edited:

Baron23

You are not wrong. Are you a non young person? It really is the new normal for start ups.

I am not a young person, I just retired out of a very high tech industry and have worked for a number of start ups that took on much greater challenges than making a vape or in this case essentially a kitchen appliance, and I utterly reject adopting poor CS as an acceptable new normal.

If anything at all makes it a 'new normal', its the willingness of people to be dupes and accept poor CS treatment as their due under some sort of new paradigm. I reject that utterly. I see other start up and high growth companies, even MJ related businesses, that recognize the need for responsive CS. Companies that do not are legitimately subject to criticism IMO and I tend to avoid such companies as they do not offer service to the standards I demand as a customer.

That's kind of it for me. I brook no excuses for poor CS because a company happens to be in the MJ business.

Last edited:

Krazy

Baron23: I don't disagree with you and am on the far side of 50. Rather than say bad CS is acceptable I would say that more and more it is accepted by consumers.

Krazy,
Top Bottom