100% Decarb With The NOVA

xjjw

I'm getting ready for another week-away at session 3 of Guitar Camp. I'm decarbing 1 gram of Jedi Kush concentrate @ 70.1 % THC with 2 grams of clarified butter in the Nova. After decarb I'll add a few grams of liquid sunflower Lecithin, and combine with 3.5 oz (99.22 grams) of dark chocolate, making 7 half-ounce (14 gram) chocolates at 100 mg each. Boo-ya!
choc-2.jpg
Hey Wanted to know how you mixed the concentrate with the butter after decarbing the concentrate in a shot glass... Thanks!

xjjw,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
how you mixed the concentrate with the butter

I clarified some butter first. That means I melted it and separated the milk solids from the clear fat. I kept track of the weight as I added clarified butter to a shot glass, and added the concentrate. I then put the shot glass in the Nova. I decarbed the concentrate in the clarified butter. When finished, it was well mixed.

macbill,
Reactions: xjjw

JRyan

I meant to say when making edibles with concentrate how does one dose?

I make twenty cookies containing .05g/ea. If your body calls for more you can always eat a second. .1g is a pretty heavy dose, in my experience.

Last edited:
JRyan,
Reactions: HemiSync

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Anyone experienced longer Decarb time then 1hr 15? Still cooking and red light is on still going and feels hot. No green light yet..

luckypucky,

JRyan

Anyone experienced longer Decarb time then 1hr 15? Still cooking and red light is on still going and feels hot. No green light yet..

1hr 30min on average.

Patience is virtue. The little bugger does a very good job. Worth the wait!

JRyan,

HemiSync

Got mine on order. I guess the two to three week wait is still in place. It's been over a week so far and they haven't shipped and won't respond to emails.

HemiSync,

Krazy

I expect that it is done decarbing 5 minutes or so before the light turns green and needs to cool down to a safer temp to handle.

Krazy,

JRyan

Got mine on order. I guess the two to three week wait is still in place. It's been over a week so far and they haven't shipped and won't respond to emails.

They must have flew through their stock. Around the beginning of the New Year they briefly offered friends and family a $60 discount. I picked up two additional units. Both of which were delivered in a week or less.

All the BS involving Ardent aside, the device is absolutely worth it.

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
I just ran 3oz's and it all looks very consistent. It was sour diesel bud shake, so I picked out a few little nugs, ground them up and after hitting a bowl it was dopey af... it definitely has changed chemical structure IMO

Krazy

Anyone know what happens if the lid is opened before the light turns green again?
I have done that. Both at the end of cycle and in the middle. I did this because the directions say "don't do that."

Either use a kitchen mitt or have dextrous hands so you don't touch the metal. I got a whiff of bud. Even with a full load it was just a whiff.

Krazy,

derekormond

Thanks, I figured as much and yes about 1hr 30.

Does anyone get different decarb times? I received my replacement unit today. My first had long decarb times. Less than a gram took two hours and fifteen minutes I did two 14 gram batches, each taking two hours and forty-five minutes. I thought that maybe different strains, weights or water content might affect decarb times. However, when I asked, I was told that the decarb times I cited were not the norm with the unit and I was offered a replacement Nova, which came in a matter of days. The customer service has been great.

As I did with the first one, I did a test batch with the second unit that I received this week. Again, I used less than a gram. The cycle took two hours.

So I'm confused... Am I doing something wrong? Did I actually get a second defective unit? Is ANYONE getting times like I have? If so, please reassure me. For less than a gram, as with the first unit, the time was two hours, fifteen minutes less than the first time around, but it was a different, weaker strain. I pretty much lost my 24 grams of Chocolope to the last unit, which made a pretty weak oil with the Magical Butter. They should've easily been over 50mg per teaspoon. I begged a couple of buds from a friend for today's test, so I'll have to wait on making oil until I can properly resupply with a larger quantity.

I'm currently vaping today's test batch. Having had to abstain for a little while, my tolerance is down, but I'm not noticing a difference since different strains hit you differently. I normally vape daily. The higher temps burn my lungs a little lately and I'd like to convert purely to the oil and edibles.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a complaint about wait time. While 75 to 90 minutes would be absolutely fantastic, I'm not necessarily consumed with rapidity. As long as I get that glorious 100% decarb, it could take five hours for all I care. However, if others could chime in with longer times or variances in times from strain to strain and/or depending on weight.

The Nova and the MBM make a fierce two-punch. Hopefully, I just need to work it out for myself, experiment some more. However, I'd sure appreciate some measurement. I'm committed to getting off the vape and I love being an early adopter. :)

derekormond,

HemiSync

Does anyone get different decarb times? I received my replacement unit today. My first had long decarb times. Less than a gram took two hours and fifteen minutes I did two 14 gram batches, each taking two hours and forty-five minutes. I thought that maybe different strains, weights or water content might affect decarb times. However, when I asked, I was told that the decarb times I cited were not the norm with the unit and I was offered a replacement Nova, which came in a matter of days. The customer service has been great.

As I did with the first one, I did a test batch with the second unit that I received this week. Again, I used less than a gram. The cycle took two hours.

So I'm confused... Am I doing something wrong? Did I actually get a second defective unit? Is ANYONE getting times like I have? If so, please reassure me. For less than a gram, as with the first unit, the time was two hours, fifteen minutes less than the first time around, but it was a different, weaker strain. I pretty much lost my 24 grams of Chocolope to the last unit, which made a pretty weak oil with the Magical Butter. They should've easily been over 50mg per teaspoon. I begged a couple of buds from a friend for today's test, so I'll have to wait on making oil until I can properly resupply with a larger quantity.

I'm currently vaping today's test batch. Having had to abstain for a little while, my tolerance is down, but I'm not noticing a difference since different strains hit you differently. I normally vape daily. The higher temps burn my lungs a little lately and I'd like to convert purely to the oil and edibles.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a complaint about wait time. While 75 to 90 minutes would be absolutely fantastic, I'm not necessarily consumed with rapidity. As long as I get that glorious 100% decarb, it could take five hours for all I care. However, if others could chime in with longer times or variances in times from strain to strain and/or depending on weight.

The Nova and the MBM make a fierce two-punch. Hopefully, I just need to work it out for myself, experiment some more. However, I'd sure appreciate some measurement. I'm committed to getting off the vape and I love being an early adopter. :)
I think I would ask the company. Sounds like that is still way outside their norms.

HemiSync,

JRyan

Does anyone get different decarb times?

I've performed 'dry' runs on three different units, they all took approximately an hour and thirty minutes, give or take five or ten minutes.

I would address this issue directly with Ardent.

Is there an FC discount on this product?

Discount Code: DECARB2017 (-$35)

turtle360

Mine takes over 2 hours. 2 and 20 maybe? I'm gonna run one now and report back.

Now I see I did this last month, stupid me. My run took an hour and 45. I'll still report this run.

Last edited:
turtle360,

turtle360

What I'd really like to know is if anyone uses the product to decarb high CBD material. Given it's probably optimized to convert thc-a what do we do about cbd-a?

Gavmar

Hi.

I am having the same problem 2 hours 30 minutes and still have a red light tried this twice and turned it off both times manually. I am assuming after 2 hours or more its gonna be over done. What I would like to ask is if any one knows, is if I turn it off manually at 75 to 90 minutes is it going to do the same job, does anyone know what the best time to manually switch it off would be, I am worried that obviously it has a fault but I just do not know if the timing fault is going to effect the declaring process in anyway like is it going too be too hot. I have emailed and got a reply to say they would change the unit but I wanted to use it while I am waiting for a replacement. :hmm:

I got a reply to my last email saying. You can try to use the unit while you are waiting, but I cannot know why it isn't stopping until we get it back here. You would want to stop the cycle at about 1 hour and 30 or 40 minutes. Best to wait for the new unit though.

I think I will just wait for the new unit. It looks good, I am looking forward to getting a properly working one. They have been very speedy at answering my emails and sorting the problem out.:)

Last edited:

trichome_renaissance

Ordered on on 2/3 (20 days ago) with the 2-3 week shipping option. Still no update / confirmation that my order has been shipped (only the initial order confirmation update) and the company hasn't responded to my email asking for a status update. I guess they are too busy replacing all of these faulty units ;)

trichome_renaissance,

HemiSync

Ordered on on 2/3 (20 days ago) with the 2-3 week shipping option. Still no update / confirmation that my order has been shipped (only the initial order confirmation update) and the company hasn't responded to my email asking for a status update. I guess they are too busy replacing all of these faulty units ;)
Ordered on 2/3 and just got my FedEx tracking number. Item will arrive on the 21st day, 3 weeks exactly. I too had several emails that went unanswered until a few days ago when I got a reply reminding me that I had been told it would be 2-3 weeks. "As noted when you ordered and on your receipt, delivery takes 2-3 weeks." I wanted to respond that most reputable companies don't charge my card until they are ready to ship and float their customers money for their operating capital for three weeks. I'm worried now that I might be getting one of the defective units.

Last edited:
HemiSync,

JRyan

I'm worried now that I might be getting one of the defective units.

It's unlikely.

In all honesty, if their were such a high number of cases, you would likely see posts all across the board. The one thing I am sure of, is that consumers are sooner to complain then they are to heap praise upon a product or service.

Top Bottom