1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

100% Decarb With The NOVA

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Ganja O, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

It's super easy, with decarbing being the trickiest part. If you have even basic kitchen skills you will be good to go.

2. HYB

HYB Diamond Dog

Nice, I will probably need to look up dosages and such though. Gotta start looking stuff up in the forum, there's so much good info here. Luckily baking and cooking has always been a strong point for me, I really want to get down and experiment with flavors etc. I haven't tried before since my medication at 2g a day just about covers my dosage when I vaporize and Bedrocan is just super expensive here (60g can cost anywhere from 640-1600e depending on the pharmacy and if they import it themselves, and other strains from Bedrocan are even more expensive). So if I were to mess anything up it would be so bad, my wallet would cry and so would my joints. If the Nova wasn't available I would probably give up on making medibles entirely, because I just don't have the time to watch an oven for 40 minutes :(.

3. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

i wish i knew a save way to decarb without having an oven or a fancy thing like the NOVA.

4. Barry Garcia

Barry Garcia New Member

Bought one of these, current coupon is the best I’ve seen. Have a feeling I will regret choosing the free shipping.

5. kcmochris

kcmochris Active Member

Made my coupon'd purchase -- couldn't beat that deal (like you said, best yet) -- a few days ago. Might regret the shipping, too, but felt good about dropping $165, all in. Patience is a virtue lol

Question for the owners: should I grind my flowers before decarb? Aside from de-stemming, seems most folks are using small buds. Follow up question: is it recommended to grind the buds once decarbed for better extraction/infusion? Would like to use the MCT oil or Everclear route of edible/tinctures.

Thanks for all the information shared -- read the thread from start to finish! Very helpful in making decision.

6. MyCollife

MyCollife Well-Known Member

For me, his thing seemed to work better than the sous vide method.

That was some time ago. Haven’t used in a quite a while but holy shit the edibles were fucking strong. I made three dozen sugar cookies out of 1/4 stick of butter (added lecithin) and 1/3 of a cookie knocked me for a loop.

Edit: sous vide did a good job. However, the difference between these cookies and my Death Star crispies was night and day.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  7. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

after decarbing, the buds are pretty crispy (frangible) - i just pour the Everclear into the NOVA container and mash with a wooden spoon handle - soak for 120 seconds before straining the Everclear solution into a Pyrex pie pan. i use 4 oz of Everclear for 8 grams of bud. takes about 24 hours for the Everclear to evaporate.

kcmochris likes this.
  8. kcmochris

kcmochris Active Member

Bought mine same day (or close) to your purchase date--my order just sent the tracking info by email.

@Hippie Dickie 4 oz of tincture -- w/ that ratio, how's the dosage? I'm assuming you evaporate down to syrup-consistency for using a dropper...LMK! very excited to start decarbing.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 8:23 PM
  9. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

@kcmochris - i get about .8g of tincture from my 8gm/4oz mix. it evaporates to a sticky solid that has to be scraped from the pyrex pie plate with a warm single-edge razor blade. i divide into 50mg "dabs". Very effective. takes about 45 minutes to come on.

i'm guessing i have too much plant wax in the final result extract. next time i get enough herb i will get this process nailed down better. i would like to be able to load a syringe or dropper.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors