1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

100% Decarb With The NOVA

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Ganja O, Jan 29, 2016.

1. MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I New Member

Mine stayed on overnight

2. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

did it get hot? was it hot all night? sounds like a bug.

3. Apexisto

Apexisto Member

I am planning to buy this device but my question is this:

Will this improve my vaping experience with Mighty? If I decarb my flower and then put them into Mighty, will it make my flower more potent and have a better vaping experience? Or is Mightys vaporization enough?

4. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

don't know about a Mighty, but my vape is definitely enough ... only a very slightly better buzz after decarboxylation.

but device is perfect for making RSO. i do a decarb before the ethanol extraction and it works very well ... the ethanol can extract better from the somewhat crispy herb.

MonkeyTime and GreenHopper like this.
  5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

My understanding it that if you are smoking or vaping no decarbing is necessary.

Hippie Dickie and MonkeyTime like this.
  6. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

@Krazy has it right, decarbing works for edibles and such that wouldn't reach temps enough for the process. Smoking and vaping does it during the smoking/vaping.

My edibles were meh before, now my cookies rock!

Hippie Dickie likes this.
  7. wolf torn

wolf torn Well-Known Member

Is it true there is no need to cook bud into oil after using this product?

I usually use low temp with crock pot and infuse into coconut oil.

8. Tuck

Tuck Well-Known Member

I decarb before infusing my oil. It makes my baked goods more potent. I also add soy lecitin(sp?) to my oil which also increases potency.

9. philinmedford

philinmedford New Member

Hi, new here just wanted to report that this thread was instrumental in me getting one of these units. The wait for one is quite long. Sep 21st till Nov 3rd. Wow. I'll tell you though. I ran a batch through and for the first time (I tried in my oven twice) I have results that LOOK like what I see pictures of what decarbed should look like. I tried to keep oven temp stable and even though it is a brand new kitchen oven, it varied so much I thought I'd burn it. So I'm sure it was never fully decarbed. I'm running that small batch of canna coconut oil right now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

GreenHopper, jeffp and MonkeyTime like this.
  10. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

As mentioned before, I effectively tested mine to destruction, lol. Ran many many capacity loads without cool down period in between. Even if we disregard the potential stress of lack of cool down and high capacity runs? I got the equivalent of years worth of normal consumers use out of mine.

That said; You are combining electronics, heat, and your stash. So if you don't supervise and end up destroying a lot of bud? It's on you.

11. philinmedford

philinmedford New Member

Well, my first results were encouraging. I probably was not doing the kitchen oven decarbing anywhere near correctly. After using the Nova my cannacoconutoil was appox twice as strong as my previous attempt. Previously I had to use a tablespoon. Now it's a teaspoon. So that's a big deal to me. You know, I think that's a reason many don't get involved with edibles. I mean, you KNOW if you smoke it, vape it, it works.

I'm in Oregon and even here if you BUY it, it's about $300 a oz. You grow it and you are obviously have a much better chance to play with edibles. We get to grow 4 plants here legally. I just grew 4 and I get a pretty good yield. Enough for me to make enough edibles to last until the next 90 day cycle by far. I can make tincures too which is nice.

I actually prefer the feeling vs smoking and vaping. Lasts a long long time.

Chester001, Tuck and Hippie Dickie like this.
  12. philinmedford

philinmedford New Member

Hmmm.. I can't seem to find a "delete post" button.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors