1 in a million chance - it happened to me.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
(This story is vapor related BTW) :brow:

I was over at my buddies house for lunch today and used his restroom facilities. (What number it was is totally irrelevant because of what happened)

I normally carry my VG coil in my shirt pocket, along with my cell phone and lighter (and maybe a pen or so) Well, when I leaned over to flush the commode I got the normal 'swirly' effect in the bowl taking everything with it - at that exact moment that the water was on its way down, my SS VG decided to jump in and was IMMEDIATELY taken away. Even IF I had decided to attempt to retrieve it, it was too late.

Looked in my pocket to actually verify that what I thought just happened, really did happen.
-Lighter - Check.
-Cell phone - Check
-Mints - Check
-Pen - Check
-VG SS Coil - Yep, it really did happen.

If I was superstitious or religious, I might think this was a sign. Maybe it is though... A sign that I need to buy another SS Coil ASAP! :)

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

Damn, sorry that happened man.

I would think the same thing, time for another!

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
AG, sorry for your loss. I've had the same thing happen to me, back in my combustion days, with a beloved pipe. Sucks. But, I would also think of it as a sign to buy new, or better yet, upgrade! :lol:

momofthegoons,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My wife works in an industry that uses a lot of porta-poties. I will never forget her story of her company cell phone falling out of her pocket as well. I can see the slow motion "Noooooooooo!" as it was bouncing around the rim on her while she was trying to catch it . . . luckily it didn't go down there but if it did she said it was STAYING down there. :lol:

t-dub

t-dub,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL I think the shock of it all was more traumatic than the loss itself. It was just like 'wow' more than anything. Sure I feel a slight sense of loss, but more of a sense of Twilight Zoneism.

And no need to 'upgrade' per se as I still have my MFLB (which has pretty much become the DD) and the SSV for monster hits when Im in the mood. Theoretically I still do have my supreme (its just on long term loan at a buddies) :brow:

This 'cheap' little pipe just found a small niche in my rotation that I came to enjoy. Good thing it isnt mad expensive, otherwise the shock of it all would also translate to a sticker shock too :)

AGBeer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm sorry that happened. I know how it feels to lose something, just not down the toilet. :)

Vicki,
Damn AGbeer, I was hoping this post was about you winning the lotto or something.

Not that you'd feel super-duper about putting your lips on it, but everything except the ceramic filter should be able to be cleaned to the point where it doesn't jeopardize your health. Just a few Iso soaks. I'm sure VG would mail you a new filter for a sawbuck or whatever, or you could just trying hitting the current filter for a few minutes with a jet lighter, relying on the heat to clean it.

charliedontsurf,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL - That is a big 'whatif' that I would have been faced with if I even had an opportunity to retrieve it. That still would be a 'shitty' thing that happened to my pipe story.

And as for you miss Vickie... :D

AGBeer,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I haven't yet vaped while sitting on the toilet but the idea is potentially meritorious. I'll say this, your toilet must have ferocious flush action for your VG to spiral down out of your life and into the sewer faster than you can reach for it. My bathroom doesn't have an electrical outlet - I mean there's a light but there's no outlets to plug stuff in, so I stopped getting high on the crapper when I switched to vapor. There was a Crumb comic I read once where a depressed plumber, I think his name was Pete the Plumber, attempted suicide by diving head first into a toilet and ends up in sort of a purgatory realm with all the other depressed plumbers who did the same thing.

jeffp,
Top Bottom