• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

1 gram of ABV, worth a QWISO?

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Just ordered the Low Voltage Revolution Dart from Thermovape 2 dags ago and just a tester batch would be nice.
I live in California and am a MMJ Patient so attaining wax aint no thang, just lookin for an at home experiment

Thanks to all who help

VapoRoor,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I wouldnt bother with that small of an amount, ABV is less then 5% return usually depending on how well it's been vaped

Puffers,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
would there even be any left behind tho? 50 miligrams is quite low as F. so lets say i only need about .2 of oil. how many grams would i need?

VapoRoor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I get about 0.7-0.9g of ABVQWISO from about 30-40g of ABV (guestimations, I never weigh the ABV or the resulting QWISO)

Hope that helps
:peace:

Frederick McGuire,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Would you have any info on a smaller scale QWISO?
I got lucky and a friend gave me 10 grams of ABV

VapoRoor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I would assume it would scale down farly reliably...

For 10g of ABV, I wouldn't expect more than 0.1-0.2g

Your yield would depend on how far done the ABV is, and probably how potent the herb was before vaping.

Frederick McGuire,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Its High grade. Top shelf. 18-20% although my friend has an MFLB and he put it through some temps. I'd say its medium on the heavier side

VapoRoor,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Well the whole reason I asked about a small scale QWISO is because I ordered a Revolution Dart and I would love to just have a small dabs worth to test my Dart, plus I love experimenting with new things and edibles are roads already traveled.

I used to use earwax and shatter wax on my American Spirits (Yellow) but When i vaped wax, It was game on! :love:

VapoRoor,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Ended up getting close to an oz of ABV. On the heavy side of being vaped.
Did a qwiso in a cold water bath like recommended on spideys oil extravaganza thread, about 10% ISO left to evaporate, once all ISO is evaporated should I oven it or heat it on the stove for more Purging?

VapoRoor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I usually put my Evap dish in a larger Pyrex dish (I'd originally bought that dish for making concentrates, but it's got rounded edges that make it almost imposingly to scrape :argh:) and use it as a hot water bath to purge out the ISO.

When I'm doing BHO I'll run my torch over the oil during this step, but for ISO I don't find it to be necessary.

Be really careful with any amount of indoor purging, have lots of ventilation.

I find it can be hard to know when the ISO is fully purged, since the heat can make the oil quite runny, so I let my nose take the lead.
I just give it a whiff, if I smell any hint of ISO, I keep purging.

Frederick McGuire,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Well I got about 1 Gram on the second run which was a DARK BROWN oil and the 1st run had a LIGHTER hue.
Like a DARK Amber hue,

HOWEVER,

Both oils had a light BROWN color when stretched apart.

In conclusion, when oils are grouped together they appear black because when a color is stacked it's hue is Darker than usual.
Dabbin' this stuff is not pleasant tho. (Keep in mind ABV used was, USED)

Just my :2c:
Happy Holidays

VapoRoor,

weedemon

enthusiast
abv oil takes harsher, and has a kind of nutty taste i find. high in cbd/cbn not so much in thc anymore.

I DONT recommend putting it in your DART. abv oil is full of particulate and ime, clogged my rev up. It was never the same after that. :(

weedemon,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Yeah after using my torch and dabber I realized Its not worth Dabbin, the taste is just too rancid to me and the effects ain't worth it by itself, works best when paired with fresh green

VapoRoor,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I DONT recommend putting it in your DART. abv oil is full of particulate and ime, clogged my rev up. It was never the same after that. :(

Could probably run it through a filter (100 microns maybe) when it's still in the solvent to clean it up of plant matter particulates. More work then most want to do but a viable option nonetheless to have a good night time med in a dart or something similar.

Puffers,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
In terms of a re-iso wash, would you happen to know the method ?

I am not sure of the amount of iso to use for my yield. I would only refine the 2nd batch.
The first packs a punch when traditional combustion happens

VapoRoor,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm using the DART right now on my Ultra. Trust me, the higher quality it is, the better it'll perform. Wax is a dream, I have this borderline-shatter golden oil that's kicking my ass.

Quetzalcoatl,

fake name

Hey puffers, if someone wanted to put oil in the Rev they would want a much finer micron size. A coffee filter is <15 micron.and full melt bubble tendz to be from the 73 and 90 micron bags, bubble is reccomended to not be used in the dart because it's not pure enough. Using a solvent with such a loose screen only extracts the oil out of the trich heads then blasts it back on. Them.

Or did you mean activated carbon when you said filter? If so then I am confused by the use of micron size.

fake name,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey puffers, if someone wanted to put oil in the Rev they would want a much finer micron size. A coffee filter is <15 micron.and full melt bubble tendz to be from the 73 and 90 micron bags, bubble is reccomended to not be used in the dart because it's not pure enough. Using a solvent with such a loose screen only extracts the oil out of the trich heads then blasts it back on. Them.

Or did you mean activated carbon when you said filter? If so then I am confused by the use of micron size.

Your right of course I must of not thought that part all the way through :ko: you will need a syringe filter probably

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Since bubble hash won't be optimal, would earwax be viable?
What type of oil should I use Fake name?

VapoRoor,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Earwax is fine, you just want higher grade concentrate that melts cleanly ie wax, shatter, pure gold, budder, taffy, etc

fake name

The Rev works with anything that melts in full, best without too much char. If you ran it through a coffee filter you should be ok. If you absorbed a lot non-cannibinoids it might be a problem. Did you let it sit long I. Iso?

Id say your good though, generally earwax and qwiso are good for the rev

fake name,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
It took about a minute to strain all the iso through the ABV in a paper coffee filter and a stainless steel coffee filter (2 filters)
I double boiled it for 3 hours then left it out overnight and scraped it up in the morning.
Should I just put the oil wad in a small plate and pour iso over it and let it evaporate?

VapoRoor,

fake name

If you double boiled it, you should be all set. If it was made with Iso then idk how adding more would really do anything. Unless you mean to spread it out as much as possible on the plate and you want some to lossen it up. But having left it over night and the double boil you should be solid. Iso is pretty good about purging itself, the best thing for it is to just spread it out as thin as possible so as to expose everything to the air.

fake name,
Reactions: Puffers

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Yeah I had it in a Pyrex dish and it was real sticky at first but when rolled up in a fat ball it was easier to handle.
One thing I can add is I only had one Pyrex dish, and the 1st and 2nd batches were mixed in.
I managed to separate the better looking oil from the really dark oil but its still a bit of a toss up.

Which is why I'm interested in re washing the oil to refine it by placing it in a coffee filter and carefully pouring alcohol over the oil only, but would it not be able to pass through because its so sticky and gooey

VapoRoor,
Top Bottom