• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Zion vaporizer

ZC

I don't really think bringing the zion design to mass production is going to be that beneficial. The community around it is still going to be just as small, and as many people who will bite because of the cheaper price, many more will be skeptical of it being a chinese product.

You will get more sales, but I doubt enough to offset the initial investment in setting up a supply chain, tooling, etc. The volume just won't be there.

ZC,

HerbieVonVapster

As much as I wanted a Zoin. With having the spinterZ on a DNA mod not sure if it be worth the cost the used ones are selling at. Maybe someday will get a chance try one.

Would love too someday set up a vapor exchange program where people could send in unused vapes then exchange them with others in the group. I gladly pay the shipping to be able try other vapes for a couple weeks. :)

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
As much as I wanted a Zoin. With having the spinterZ on a DNA mod not sure if it be worth the cost the used ones are selling at. Maybe someday will get a chance try one.

Would love too someday set up a vapor exchange program where people could send in unused vapes then exchange them with others in the group. I gladly pay the shipping to be able try other vapes for a couple weeks. :)
I have several people here on FC that I exchange vapes with. You just need to get to know the right people! :D

started@52

Can someone tell me how “regulated” these Zions are? Just the dial regulates voltage that’s it, no low voltage protection correct?

started@52,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Mine don't buzz either (I have three). I'm pretty sure that's not intended.

pakalolo,
Reactions: ZC

started@52

Speaking with @Alan yesterday, he explained that there is a small chip in it and does have some protection. Maybe he can explain more if he catches this.

started@52,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
AFAIK the OKR has no under-voltage protection per se. There is a under-voltage lock-out function (UVLO) but its threshold is much too high for 2S Li-Ions. The nominal minimum input voltage (Vin min) is 4.5V. Startup voltage is 4.2V and undervoltage shutdown is 3.4V.

Even at 4.5V, that's 2.25V per cell assuming there's no unbalance, and there definitely is when they get below 3V, it's much under the 2.5V max discharge point. I think when it gets under 3.4V it just cuts, possibly with some hysteresis so it doesn't try to restart until the voltage rises again above 4.2V.

The only time where the module itself could "buzz" would be during the "hiccup" mode encountered when the over-current protection kicks in. If you manage to get to that state then you probably have a more serious problem. That's quite puzzling.

Ryan did try to implement some kind of low voltage protection at some point, but my alpha version lacks it and my pre-production version had it mounted backwards and thus it's ineffective. I don't think it's supposed to buzz either.

What is your cells resting voltage when you encounter said buzz?

buddingglasshead

AFAIK the OKR has no under-voltage protection per se. There is a under-voltage lock-out function (UVLO) but its threshold is much too high for 2S Li-Ions. The nominal minimum input voltage (Vin min) is 4.5V. Startup voltage is 4.2V and undervoltage shutdown is 3.4V.

Even at 4.5V, that's 2.25V per cell assuming there's no unbalance, and there definitely is when they get below 3V, it's much under the 2.5V max discharge point. I think when it gets under 3.4V it just cuts, possibly with some hysteresis so it doesn't try to restart until the voltage rises again above 4.2V.

The only time where the module itself could "buzz" would be during the "hiccup" mode encountered when the over-current protection kicks in. If you manage to get to that state then you probably have a more serious problem. That's quite puzzling.

Ryan did try to implement some kind of low voltage protection at some point, but my alpha version lacks it and my pre-production version had it mounted backwards and thus it's ineffective. I don't think it's supposed to buzz either.

What is your cells resting voltage when you encounter said buzz?

Both cells measured at 3.23 when it started buzzing.

started@52

How do you carry that thing around, or is it a table vape.
Definitely not a pocket portable but not as big as the pic might make it out to be. About 3.5”x3.5” square with rounded edges. Fits in hand for mobility. I love it because it self contains everything you need. Fits in a backpack and no one has a clue what it is when the lid is on.

analytika

Definitely not a pocket portable but not as big as the pic might make it out to be. About 3.5”x3.5” square with rounded edges. Fits in hand for mobility. I love it because it self contains everything you need. Fits in a backpack and no one has a clue what it is when the lid is on.
"Is that a Zion in your pocket or are you just VERY happy to see me?" She said.

Top Bottom