Zeal and Ω

Boxboxbox

My advice… just go wireless and figure out the setup along the way while being safe. You won’t go back ❤️
That is part of the endgame. All in all I’m trying to build a modular set up so I can hang other non wireless coils on the same post so basically one “docking station” for all the hot things while also doubling as a wireless stand with that coil being at the very top but also being removable. Gotta fab up a few things but I think it’s double…just waiting to see how the aluminum transfers heat more than anything and then decide on some materials origins 🤞

Also I can mount it to my sim rig 😂

Dejavu

Do I only need to buy the omega from CC and a handle to have 18/14mm injector and it also has a diffuser too? just wondering if its cheap and i need more items to make it work to the fullest.

thanks.

Dejavu,

Bababouy

Do I only need to buy the omega from CC and a handle to have 18/14mm injector and it also has a diffuser too? just wondering if its cheap and i need more items to make it work to the fullest.

thanks.
You only need a handle to make it wireless iDB has one on the way but you can pick one up from @DFreeZ_Designs now. I got one made and love it 😍 otherwise it comes with all three pieces to make it 22, 18, 14mm. You will just want a 14 and 18 bowl as it comes with a 22mm diffuser bowl

matsci

You only need a handle to make it wireless iDB has one on the way but you can pick one up from @DFreeZ_Designs now. I got one made and love it 😍 otherwise it comes with all three pieces to make it 22, 18, 14mm. You will just want a 14 and 18 bowl as it comes with a 22mm diffuser bowl

You can also DIY a handle for a few bucks, if your budget is a bit tight. I made mine from a 25 cent 10-24 hanger bolt and a 3$ wood file handle.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I am unfamiliar with coil and PID but I am very intrigued by zeal.
What is the expected life of a coil using it daily? Would you expect it to last 1 year? Would you recommend to buy a spare one with the kit?

Andreaerdna,

Hippie

There are 5 thin wires in the cable so repeated use and flexing will wear them out eventually (like headphone leads and charge cables)
I'd expect it to last for years but I guess it depends on how much you move the coil about and stress the cable.

btka

Does someone know where I can buy a handle for omega in Europe?

Or have ideas/examples for diy? I have for example a dabtool from ch which fits the threads of the omega… but I do not know with what I can cover the metal part of this dab tool… could I use hemp wick or so?

btka,

matsci

Or have ideas/examples for diy? I have for example a dabtool from ch which fits the threads of the omega… but I do not know with what I can cover the metal part of this dab tool… could I use hemp wick or so?

For DIY, it depends how cheap you want to go. My solution was a 10-24 hanger bolt, basically a bit of metal rod with 10-24 screw threading on one side, and wood screw threading on the other. I screwed this in to a wooden file handle I grabbed at my local hardware store for a few dollars (Nicholson 21520N if you want to google it).

If you have a drill handy and can get a chunk of wood, you could drill a hole yourself, and just need the hanger bolt.

Granted, the way I did it, there is a bit of exposed threaded rod between the head and the handle (I could probably have deepened the hole to solve this but, meh). This doesn't bother me, but if you value aesthetics, it may not be the solution for you.

https://www.thehandymansdaughter.com/how-to-install-hanger-bolts/ Basically, this.

snackmaster

I've seen people repurpose wine corks. Another pretty easy option is wood beer tap handle with 3/8-16 connection + 10-24 to 3/8-16 threaded insert + 10-24 screw.

btka

Seems like my coil is for my omega a little bit to tight for wireless use… it is not easy to insert and take out froM the coil… I already lengthened my coil with the screwdriver method… but how can I make it less tight around my omega so I can insert and pull it out of the coil much easier any ideas?

btka,

Bababouy

Seems like my coil is for my omega a little bit to tight for wireless use… it is not easy to insert and take out froM the coil… I already lengthened my coil with the screwdriver method… but how can I make it less tight around my omega so I can insert and pull it out of the coil much easier any ideas?
Wrap the head with some painters tape or some other tape, place it in the coil and twist it in the proper direction to loosen it until it can spin freely. It will take some play but this should allow you easy removal and prevent the multiplier body from being damaged in the process.

btka

Wrap the head with some painters tape or some other tape, place it in the coil and twist it in the proper direction to loosen it until it can spin freely. It will take some play but this should allow you easy removal and prevent the multiplier body from being damaged in the process.
Did not really help… it is still not easy to remove the omega from coil… what you mean with damage… scratches on the omega? After trying to insert and pull out the omega from the too tight coil resulted in some scratches on the omega… hope it is only a cosmetic damage that or?

Any other ideas how I can loosen the coil?

Ok my solution was to loosen it with a piller…
Hope scratches on omega are only a cosmetic damage still?

Last edited:

Bababouy

Did not really help… it is still not easy to remove the omega from coil… what you mean with damage… scratches on the omega? After trying to insert and pull out the omega from the too tight coil resulted in some scratches on the omega… hope it is only a cosmetic damage that or?

Any other ideas how I can loosen the coil?

Ok my solution was to loosen it with a piller…
Hope scratches on omega are only a cosmetic damage still?
Scratches are solely cosmetic. Just tried to avoid them when it was new It took quite a bit of playing with the coil and the omega to loosen the one I am currently using, pliers probably would have helped 😅Looking forward to getting the axial cable iDB dropped tomorrow and I’m curious if I will need to do any adjusting since it is pre stretched.

matsci

Huzzah, it has arrived. Currently cooking off the crud. :D

It's a bit odd, the sense of scale. It feels so much smaller in the hand than pictures/videos make it look.

Don't mind the double handle, I just wanted to cook the retaining ring at the same time. The ferrule on my DIY got fairly toasty too, which I wasn't anticipating with the gap there. Things to consider for the mk2 down the road I suppose.

Boxboxbox

Don't mind the double handle, I just wanted to cook the retaining ring at the same time. The ferrule on my DIY got fairly toasty too, which I wasn't anticipating with the gap there. Things to consider for the mk2 down the road I suppose.
That looks like the Ace Hardware special 👀 did you drill out the handle any? The guy at the hardware store war recommending putting a small sleeve where the threads meet the handle if it got hot but they didn’t have the correct size in stock.

Boxboxbox,

matsci

That looks like the Ace Hardware special 👀 did you drill out the handle any? The guy at the hardware store war recommending putting a small sleeve where the threads meet the handle if it got hot but they didn’t have the correct size in stock.

The handle did indeed come from Ace! The hanger bolt was... home depot I think? The smallest Ace had was like 6 inches long, which would've just been silly. I didn't bother drilling it out, as it's stable enough for my tastes. I'm considering making something a bit neater, a bit of dowel stock and the like, but I'll worry about that later.

Also trying to decide if I want to DIY a coil handle, or just buy one on Etsy/AliExpress/etc. Choices, choice....

matsci,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Boxboxbox

The handle did indeed come from Ace! The hanger bolt was... home depot I think? The smallest Ace had was like 6 inches long, which would've just been silly. I didn't bother drilling it out, as it's stable enough for my tastes. I'm considering making something a bit neater, a bit of dowel stock and the like, but I'll worry about that later.

Also trying to decide if I want to DIY a coil handle, or just buy one on Etsy/AliExpress/etc. Choices, choice....
So I went the AliExpress route with the handle. Not worth cheating out on imo as mine cracked instantly. I’m loving my Ace special though 👍

Boxboxbox,
Reactions: Kudzu407

PizzaWizard

I use a 10-24 socket head screw with silicone whip tubing over it for heat protection. It was supposed to be a temporary solution but I actually like it. You can see in the second image I cut it shorter.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Finally made time to set up my Omega. I did a good 40 minute burn off and then ready for the fun. I started at 450 and got great taste with light vapor. Have now worked my way up to 550 and this may be the sweet spot I’m looking for. One big hit and done with the glass bowl about half full. Using it with the Influx now and they kick ass together. Really like it wireless and intend to keep it that way.Thanks @iDRINKBLEACH for another awesome affordable,3 in one no less, vape.

cvs8floz

I received the Omega 2 weeks ago, again the product description, transaction and shipping were flawless, I actually received the package 2 days early. Was really interested in testing the wireless feature and couldn't resist the price, now I'm really happy that I didn't spend $500-$1,000 at CH or other places.
I don't think wireless vaping is for me, I need my bowl to be consistently hot for instant vapor at relatively low temps, wireless is kind of the opposite, more made for convection style vaping at high temps. You cannot leave the head on an empty bowl because it needs to heat soak on the coil, hence the bowl is lukewarm at best. I am generally at 570 with the B1 and 480 with the Zeal, I cranked the wireless Omega up to 700 and still couldn't get the same kind of hits, and then you have to wait forever for the head to reheat. Kind of curious why no one else has brought this up before, I only see glowing reviews of wireless vapes but I won't cutting the wire anytime soon.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
We knew wireless would not be for every one or group settings. That’s why it was a must that it does both functions. I’m glad you’re still able to use wired. There’s more to come with omega in the very near future so don’t give up on her yet ❤️

onesixty2

I received the Omega 2 weeks ago, again the product description, transaction and shipping were flawless, I actually received the package 2 days early. Was really interested in testing the wireless feature and couldn't resist the price, now I'm really happy that I didn't spend $500-$1,000 at CH or other places.
I don't think wireless vaping is for me, I need my bowl to be consistently hot for instant vapor at relatively low temps, wireless is kind of the opposite, more made for convection style vaping at high temps. You cannot leave the head on an empty bowl because it needs to heat soak on the coil, hence the bowl is lukewarm at best. I am generally at 570 with the B1 and 480 with the Zeal, I cranked the wireless Omega up to 700 and still couldn't get the same kind of hits, and then you have to wait forever for the head to reheat. Kind of curious why no one else has brought this up before, I only see glowing reviews of wireless vapes but I won't cutting the wire anytime soon.
Well, for me I'm at a loss for how your experience differs so much. I have seen basically no difference going from wired to wireless at the same temperatures. But, there might be a few reasons for this in how we approach vaping in general..

First off, what PID are you using, your temperature numbers don't really matter without that info. Auber PIDs always run higher numbers for same results on a DC pid, for example. About a 60-80f swing on my two units for identical performance... but 700 "not getting the same kind of hits" has me seriously wondering HOW you are actually using the device, meanwhile i'm dark roasting flower at 425f wireless.. soooo...

Secondly.. what you're talking about here, is entirely unnecessary. You do not need to heat soak a bowl at all.
You cannot leave the head on an empty bowl because it needs to heat soak on the coil, hence the bowl is lukewarm at best.
If i'm understanding what you're saying here correctly.. yeah, this is entirely unnecessary, and would be a pretty miserable experience with a wireless head if that's how you're doing things. If this is an old CH equipment behavior, you can safely stop doing it, there is zero benefit to heat soaking and only evidence to the contrary.

onesixty2,
Top Bottom